(Hidden) Mini-Con two-pack bios at Hasbro website

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

(Hidden) Mini-Con two-pack bios at Hasbro website

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Good use of minicons: placeholders to keep name trademarks. Plus, more minis! :)

So... they got the use of Shockwave back, apparently?
Alternator Swindle
Protoform

Post by Alternator Swindle »

Originally posted by Clay
Good use of minicons: placeholders to keep name trademarks. Plus, more minis! :)

So... they got the use of Shockwave back, apparently?

Looks that way but LASERWAVE will always be the better 1!!
Are these in the show or just a way to make money nut either way their mine:D :cool:
XBL Gamertag: DR SR PEANUT
Socom 3: DR.SR.PEANUT
Resident Evil!!!!!
Resident Archive NASCAR fan
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

So Shockwave is back?

A little too late though...seeing how the Alt version and E-version are named Shockblast...
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

A little too late though...seeing how the Alt version and E-version are named Shockblast... [/B]

They can always slip another wave of 'Shockblast' in there, with the updated name.. at least for Alternators. Doesn't really matter so much with Energon now though - wasn't like the characters were remotely similar anyway.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, the Shockblast licence plate does say SHKWAV, so there's nothing stopping you from calling him that . . .

I like the Skylinx/Thunderblast bios. It's an interesting concept that the two of them would consider each other friends, yet be on opposing factions. Would make for some interesting stories.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Well, the Shockblast licence plate does say SHKWAV, so there's nothing stopping you from calling him that . . .

There's nothing stopping you calling him that full stop. I've never got all this wanky fanboy whingeing about name reassignment or copyright enforced changes... You call the toys you paid for whatever the Hell you like... most of my figures that reuse names [bar Optimuses, who generally look too distinctive] have been renamed by me.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, I'm just saying for people, who really have some sort of stumbling block with calling it by a different name, there was most likely the intent to name it that to begin with.
Raijin
Protoform

Post by Raijin »

Could it be they don't actually have the name Shockwave back yet, but they can use it here because it's part of a three-pack? Like he's not exactly "Shockwave", he's "Shockwave, Sky Lynx, and Thunderblast". Could counting them together get around the trademark problem?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Raijin
Could it be they don't actually have the name Shockwave back yet, but they can use it here because it's part of a three-pack? Like he's not exactly "Shockwave", he's "Shockwave, Sky Lynx, and Thunderblast". Could counting them together get around the trademark problem?

If that actually worked, expect a "Starscream & Ironhide" two-pack from Bandai tomorrow.

The mere fact that "SHOCKWAVE", as a standalone word, is spelled in capital letters, indicates it's a separate trademark. In fact, Hasbro have trademarked EVERY SINGLE NAME from multi-packs separately ever since the days of Action Masters. Yes, even Energon "GRIMLOCK® & SWOOP™", despite what certain rumors claim.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Raijin
Protoform

Post by Raijin »

I should've realized that. Well, it's all good then.