All Hail Megatron #5 5-Page Preview

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
zigzagger

All Hail Megatron #5 5-Page Preview

Post by zigzagger »

All Hail Megatron #5 5-page preview up at comicnewsi.com
http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid ... emid=12379

EDIT

Mirrored

ImageImageImageImageImage
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

So i haven't made it to my comic store for a few weeks and don't have issue #4. That said I hear nothing but terrible things about all hail since i got issue three... (Ryan on TFWire hates it anyways) so is this a majority opinion that All Hail all blows or what. Your thoughts?

(oh by the way, Ryan at TFWire thinks the "-tion" series was THE AWESOME, but all I can recall from the fandom was how slow and spread out it was and they needed to move along faster.)
Come on and wind me up.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

I dropped the series with #3, but a friend is lending me the following issues. To say that I don't like it would be an understatement.
Maybe I'm just presumptuous and full of myself, but I like my readings to be a sort of a challenge; I like different layers, subtlety, finesse and clever dialogues. This AHM stuff, instead, sounds to me as ingenuos, coarse and simple-minded, as if it had been written for children. When it's not imitating the old G1 cartoons (and cartoon Soundwave was "cool" because you could HEAR his voice; in a comic, it just doesn't work), it's imitating recent movies, in the most obvious way.
The -ation stuff was slow, but I enjoyed each single panel (well, maybe not exactly, but you get the idea) because I could feel/see the effort and the wits that the writer ad put in it. it was written with a scalpel, so to speak, while AHM is written with a very heavy club.
But this is just my opinion and I think I am in a minority; if the sales are not dropping (and on the IDW forum fans seem to like AHM), then it means that the general audience has been looking for an old cartoon style comic (mixed with the modern dose of gratuitous violence) since the beginning and finally the market guys at IDW got it right.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Money on the next page being a big dramatic Kup reveal? Hopefully wasting four pages on a flashback that was covered pretty much by two lines in the last issue will make sense in context rather than seeming to be desperate padding.

Oh, and having the plugged in Autobots feel pain as their ship gets hit is just plain stupid, I don't recall that happening to Bumblebee in the same position back in Devastation. And I guess the Autobots have realised that naming all their ships after one that vanished on her maiden voyage was really a bad idea.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

another tf fan wrote:(oh by the way, Ryan at TFWire thinks the "-tion" series was THE AWESOME, but all I can recall from the fandom was how slow and spread out it was and they needed to move along faster.)
I'm mid-way between. I think the pace was appropriate for Infiltration and suffered somewhat after that. Had it been published without big gaps between the arcs (and a few minor cuts/changes been made) things would've been perfect IMO.

AHM has thus far, based on having read #1-4, been dire and I cancelled my subscription two issues in. The next chance it's likely to get is if I'm anywhere near a comics store again in the near future (unlikely) or in trade. Thus far not seeing any reason to bother.
inflatable dalek wrote:having the plugged in Autobots feel pain as their ship gets hit is just plain stupid
I disagree; merging senses at a close level to permit greater control -- with the possibility of feedback -- makes plenty of sense.

What doesn't make much sense is Transformers not being able to turn off pain, which is a complaint that applies to most Transformers fiction.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:Money on the next page being a big dramatic Kup reveal?
It'll be a big Kup reveal. Won't be dramatic though, as he's on the bloody cover.