[RID,UT] Tidal Wave. HOLY ****

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
YakuzaBoss
Protoform

Tidal Wave. HOLY ****

Post by YakuzaBoss »

Hey there everyone.. new member here. Im a child of the 80s, so naturally i grew up with transformers. the show, toys and comics. my favorites were (and still are) are the Combaticons and Stunticons.

I was pleased to see Transformers make a comeback but some of the toys just didnt seem that appealing to me. I miss the detailing of the originals from the 1980s.

This monday, my gf gave me the transformers video game for my bday. Admittedly, I was a bit skeptical. I popped in the game and sat with it.

WOW. Despite the difficulty and odd controls, its a damn fun game. I love how the decepticlones react when they see you and how they actively dodge, run and hide in combat.

I was suitably impressed with the game until I came across the Mid-Atlantic level. Imagine my surprise when the warship I was on transformed into Tidal Wave. Holy ****. Now thats cool.

I looked up more info on this monster and now I'm hooked. Tomorrow, Im taking my son shopping for his bday and im getting myself a Tidal Wave figure.

I must know.. is Tidal Wave in the comics? What episodes was he in? Much like how other sites have 'profiles' submitted by fans on transformers, is there one for this big guy?

Gabriel

ps: I want him as an avatar! :D
"It never got weird enough for me." Hunter S. Thompson
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

He's in the Armada/Energon Universe. Not the original. He's in the comics, but only started playing a major role in Energon issue 19. Not sure what ep he appeared in. He's in the new Energon cartoon.
Soundwave online
Protoform

Post by Soundwave online »

GODDAMMIT how did you do it i cant even get the bloody glider to reach the warship let alone get a cool boss fight.Sigh this is depressing.
"Soundwave superior Constructocons inferior" - Soundwave

"Hey nobody calls Soundwave unchrazamatic" - Rumble
YakuzaBoss
Protoform

Post by YakuzaBoss »

The gliding is the worst aspect of the game. I never actually thought the developers would use an actual physics program based on gliding. took me an hour of practice on the sun temple level. Once you activate the wings, you push fwd on the stick to dive..then quickly pull back to pull the autobot up. it seems as if by doing that, you gain some altitude and speed.

As for getting to Tidal Wave, you switch to hot rod (since he is the fastest in vehicle mode)and convert. you drive across the shallow part between the island youre on and the last one where TW is docked. (you'll lose some energy but thats ok. there is a warp there in which you can activate and zap back to HQ to recharge) You climb up to the top, doing your best to avoid the constant barrage of missles flying at you:eek: You jump up and IMMEDIATELY activate the wings doing your damndest to keep your guy flying. Eventually you'll land on the deck to the surprise of MANY decepticlones.

I recommend have Covert, the energy shield minicon and the minicon that enhances your blaster into a shotgun type of deal. before you land, turn on the cloak and rush over to them. You'll see a funny scene with a medium decepticlone "reviewing" the troops. not really a scene but its amusing.

activate the powerlink and start strafing away. You'll get the chance to go into a loading elevator and go into TW. It's so cool walking around him. I swear, this has to be biggest boss Ive ever seen in a game. (reminds me of the giant AC in Armored Core 1 for the ps1).

Seeing the CGI scene of TW transforming is awe inspiring to say the least. Fighting him..is another thing. He's just so frigging huge. I stood next to him to do a size comparison in my head and i came to this conclusion. Imagine standing next to a 3 & 1/4 GI Joe figure and you'll get the idea of how huge he is.

I dont know how some people can actually do some damage to him. Each time I tried aiming at his weakspot, Im knocked by a swarm of missles, lasers and gunfire.
Soundwave online
Protoform

Post by Soundwave online »

Thanks for the tip man i owe you one.:D
"Soundwave superior Constructocons inferior" - Soundwave

"Hey nobody calls Soundwave unchrazamatic" - Rumble
YakuzaBoss
Protoform

Post by YakuzaBoss »

cheers!:)
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

tidal wave is one fo the leads in energon
albeit limited in his vocabulary

as usual the comic and cartoon vary wildly and his defiance and inteligence ihas gone drastically up in the comic

personally i like the energon cartoon over the armada cartoon those ****ing kids need to die
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
YakuzaBoss
Protoform

Post by YakuzaBoss »

thanks! im going to make a note to keep an eye for listings of energon
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

so far there are 11 episodes of energon
he is in pretty much al of them
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

I think he is, except maybe the 1st one.
Xille
Protoform

Post by Xille »

Originally posted by Soundwave online
GODDAMMIT how did you do it i cant even get the bloody glider to reach the warship let alone get a cool boss fight.Sigh this is depressing.

2nd Post Down.

I've tried to help. Honestly. ;)
Artwork by Jackpot, sig by Denyer. Both of them are awesome!
Click the sig to go to Jackpot's site.
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

"Im drowning in footwear!"
Tracks828
Protoform

Post by Tracks828 »

Beatin Tidal Wave is tough but not hard if you do it right. Equip the one minicon that shileds you from missles, and then equip the one minicon that shoots 2 or 3 missles...i can't remember which. i forget which other ones i used, but I know they were in combination in order to gain more health. Whenever he shoots you turn the shield on and shoot him, then duck behind the mountain to avoid his bombs. Its hard but eventually hell die.
Xille
Protoform

Post by Xille »

Eh, I figure I'll throw my Tidal Wave 2 cents up as well.

Here was my team:

L1: Buildup R1: Firefight
L2: Deflector R2: Hailstorm

Here's why: Buildup should be self-explanatory. If at any time you need to, you can run to the other side of the board, build up some health, and then hit him with full force again. Deflector was used because I feel laser blasts are a lot harder to dodge than missles. If you feel a missle is coming, run and start jumping. It's as simple as that. No, you won't block all of them, but Shieldwall doesn't last forever, either. I use Firefight because, when teamed with Deflector, he will give you the highest Energon bonus (Me likey very much :)). Hailstorm is your strongest minicon, and he's also a lot of fun, in my opinion (BOOM!). The only thing that might be a problem is that he is dumbfire, so you might have trouble hitting Tidalwave's head.

There you go. That's how I beat the big guy. Oh, it's also the set-up I used to defeat Starscream and Megatron, if you were wondering.
Artwork by Jackpot, sig by Denyer. Both of them are awesome!
Click the sig to go to Jackpot's site.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

I found the easiest way to beat tidal wave was to head to the right of where you start towards teh section where you had to jump from rock to rock to get to the 2nd island (at the start of the level)... the rock island there gives you heaps of cover to peak over and shoot up tidal wave... don't remember exactly who I used to topple him, but I did have teh sniper minicon & deflector equipped... head shots = winner :D