Am I the only one that thinks the randomized toys are stupid?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sir Auros

Am I the only one that thinks the randomized toys are stupid?

Post by Sir Auros »

I mean, it turns collecting certain figures into something like a collectible card game or something. It's almost as disgusteratin' as the new D&D miniatures being randomized like ****ing MageKnight. It's ****ing D&D, not another one of WotC's collectible cra.p games. Oh, and they're owned by Hasbro, so it's not soooooooo far off-subject to have that little digression...

I mean, does anyone enjoy buying these fugly boxes and getting duplicates of cra.p toys while searching for the good ones?
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

It's the only reason I'm not buying smallest Transformers...
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

This thread reminds me of when i was a kid at school collecting Turtle sticker packets or card packets of 6 for select ones and finding (after 100 different ones) at least five i had and one i didnt. Back then for children they were expensive and drove adults crazy. Some shops opened them and sold them as entire sets i mean it wasnt 'fun collecting' for anyone it incited gambling, greed and bullying and kids will do idiotic things for their sticker collections. My nephews did similar things for pogs and Pokemon cards. But i never once heard of any shop that produced sets of them. Maybe some shops will do this to the 'smallest TFs' it should happen and companies shouldnt be allowed to get away with generating this behaviour for profit. Someone could make a stand against them and demand companies label whats in the box.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I totally agree with you Auros, I am not going to buy minis that are randomized simply because they are not finished, you have to paint them, and I don't collect them, I just buy ones I like which are mostly elves. I only own 2 of them, but with the scarcity of elves at the local shop, I would have to buy 2 or 3 dozen random figs just to get 1 elf.
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

It's a rip off pure an simple. Thing about it is, this randomized figure junk, an the cheap sorry repaints of armada figures instead of bringing out actual new characters is only turning ppl off to collecting period. I've done set it in my mind the few TF's i want to collect an after that Hasbro can stick their finger up their butt cause i won't be buying NEmore. An in all honesty i think the few i do want are all made by Takara so *LOL* in hasbro's face.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

The one thing wrong with Takara.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Ulticron
an the cheap sorry repaints of armada figures instead of bringing out actual new characters is only turning ppl off to collecting period.

I'm actually going to use repaints as a chance for a breather (although the Energon may be a big breather for me, seeing as I only want one basic (Battle Ravage), and one deluxe (Starscream so far . . . oh, and the Ultra Magnus and Rapid Run). I usually try to get new molds, and if they do repaints, I only get the ones I really like (I can always say "Hey, I have that mold, and I don't like the color, so more money in my pocket"), and I can save money for the next wave, or older figs.