Revenge of the Fallen games getting DLC

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Sir Auros

Revenge of the Fallen games getting DLC

Post by Sir Auros »

DLC = Downloadable content

The Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions of the games will be getting a DLC pack later this summer that will include (according to the press release):
  • Over TEN new multiplayer characters including ultimate fan favorites such as G1 Starscream and movie favorites like Sideswipe.
  • Three all-new multiplayer maps.
  • Play new characters in both the Autobot and Decepticon single player campaigns.
  • New Expert difficulty mode with a fresh set of leaderboards to challenge more experienced gamers in the single-player campaigns.
  • New Achievements and Trophies to earn.
No word on pricing, but I would guess it'll be between $5-$10. With the amount of content (especially since it's including new achievements/trophies), I'd say it'll be closer to the $10 end.

If you have videogames, and you don't have it yet, then go buy the game already. I need some people around here to play multiplayer with, and it's one of the exactly three good movie licensed games I've ever played. The other two being King Kong and Ghostbusters.
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

I've heard the multiplayer is pretty entertaining but the single player mode is pretty lame. Is this true? Also I've done a little bit of online Ghostbuster and found it a little lacking.

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

You can't win 'em all with movie-game tie-ins
Destruction is my specialty
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I haven't been able to find a match online yet (only tried twice), but I really like the single-player. It's much, much better than the 2007 game, and I'd say it's as good, if not better, than the PS2 Armada game.
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

Sir Auros wrote:I haven't been able to find a match online yet (only tried twice), but I really like the single-player. It's much, much better than the 2007 game, and I'd say it's as good, if not better, than the PS2 Armada game.
do you play on Xbox or PS3?

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

360 so far, but the PS3 version is supposed to be identical. I'll have to get back to you on that, though.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Sir Auros wrote:I haven't been able to find a match online yet (only tried twice), but I really like the single-player. It's much, much better than the 2007 game, and I'd say it's as good, if not better, than the PS2 Armada game.
I've played online quite a few times on my pc and I love it. Online traffic for the game seems to be heavier on the pc version. And yet they're not coming out with a DLC for pc users. I find that kinda suprising, but then again, this might be the chance for luxoflux to make an expansion pack.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

I would probably play it on the Xbox. So I might have to hit you up with a PM.