well...this could be the weirdest night of my life...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Galvatron91

well...this could be the weirdest night of my life...

Post by Galvatron91 »

started out pretty normal though...my friend and I went to our favored bar/restaurant for some dinner. We know one of the owners of this place quite well and are considered regulars there. So as we are walking out we are talking about not seeing the owner...all of a sudden we get called and there he is standing at the back door way saying the entertainment is here. He asks us if we want to have a couple drinks on the house...so we go in...

well...the room is full of guys...and not of the straight persuasion either...so apparently they had seen us walking out to the car and a bunch of them had gotten excited and pointed us out. The owner looked out and saw it was us and informed them that we were straight but really cool so he asked us to come hang out with them...

Well, we were then asked if we would be willing to strip and referred to as the "beefy straight men" and informed that we are "playing for the wrong team." To some people, this would be shocking...to me...it was quite an ego boost. I know it sounds strange and maybe a little sick, but since Ann and I split I have really not felt overly attractive. Even when I was dating Jill I didn't cause she always complained that I was skinnier than her. But tonight for the first time in God knows how long, I felt that way again...

so then a couple of them decide they have to at least get me set up with this hot waitress and start bragging me up to her...to say that these guys were flattering is an understatement...i don't know if it had to do with them being gay, but damn...at my best, i couldn't make myself sound that irresistable! ;) Unfortunately we had plans to go see a flick and had to bail out of the party...which disappointed the waitress...so maybe there is some hope out there for me yet...

I don't know alot of things right now...I don't know when I am going to heal...I don't know if I'll ever love again...I don't know when I am going to return to feeling normal again...all i do know is that in spite of the weirdness of the situation, it really felt good to be praised in such a manner, like maybe i still had a chance to draw the attention to play the game still...

...now if only next time he can have one of these parties with a room full of women...he may not be interested, but my buddy mike and i certainly would be.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

he he he he

different countries, different hobbies ;)

glad to hear your self confidence getting a boost, G91, no matter from what sex, if ment seriously.

Only gay guys I've met were all quite "normal" if you can accept compliments from a guy and the usual hugging and "butt slapping"... you just have to stand over it and accept it as a part of them.

... and they do it to tease you aswell when the know you are hetero, those bastards ;)
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Halfshell

Re: well...this could be the weirdest night of my life...

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
straight but really cool
dude... new sig...
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Hmm, some of the first compliments I got from my looks were from gays. Felt kind of flattered...
Originally posted by Addl
Only gay guys I've met were all quite "normal" if you can accept compliments from a guy and the usual hugging and "butt slapping"... you just have to stand over it and accept it as a part of them.

... and they do it to tease you aswell when the know you are hetero, those bastards ;)
When some of my friends start doing that, it´s usually the right moment to start talking about women (which I don´t usually do). Eye for an eye ;)
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Good, let's get that confidence up, since we're gonna be trolling for chicks at Botcon and all...

This was but your first step. We get you hooked up with another lady, you'll be surprised how quickly the rest comes, trust me on that one. :)
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

There are chicks at Botcon ;)
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Redstreak
We get you hooked up with another lady, you'll be surprised how quickly the rest comes, trust me on that one. :)
Mmmm...confidence >> attractive quality >> confidence >> ...

Unfortunately works the other way around too, as you might have been finding — stay in that loop, chief!

Me, I fail to see why people have trouble accepting compliments from anyone, regardless of source...of the handful of people I know for certain have fancied me, at least a third were blokes. :)
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

One thing Casey was good for keeping ym confidence up, then again compliments seem to becoming from girls in my class now *gasp*

So I can't be all ugly then I realized who I truley am, The god of all things great and Beautiful so bow people. ;)
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

I just can't wait until Ross sees this...
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
that will just be scary
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
Me, I fail to see why people have trouble accepting compliments from anyone, regardless of source...of the handful of people I know for certain have fancied me, at least a third were blokes. :)
actually i have no trouble accepting compliments, i find them so complimentary! ;)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
We could just kill him and save the attention-seeking...?

Erm, when, like me, you look like Harry Potter's stunt double, you tend to take compliments from anyone, with sex a minor worry compared to species...
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Quicksilver

Erm, when, like me, you look like Harry Potter's stunt double, you tend to take compliments from anyone, with sex a minor worry compared to species...
damn quicky...you one sexy beast!
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Glad to hear it, self-confidence = best way to get women.

Edit-Oh, and I would personally take such compliments from gay men to be even better than from women. Mainly because gay guys have such better taste in men than women do...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
actually i have no trouble accepting compliments, i find them so complimentary! ;)
Nah, that wasn't aimed at you, G...just some idiots I've known...