Takara's new "secret" project?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Takara's new "secret" project?

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=5468
To sum up 2005 and what to expect in 2006, Takara toy designer & in charge of Transformers commodities, Yuki Hisashi says the following. Transformers Galaxy Force is the final installment of the Micron trilogy that began with Micron Legends. He apologizes that the Primus figure was not available in retail while Galaxy Force was broadcasting but will safely be available in February in G1 type packaging. What about Arm Bullet, Mole Dive, Blender? While 2006 is the 10th Anniversary of Beasts Wars, the development for their next step is progressing in a "Surprise Project" which details cannot be disclosed at the moment, so please look forward.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
The GHX

Post by The GHX »

I lived on mars for a long time or GF was a separate continuity? .... now they talk about a trilogy. :confused:
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I just got a mail from a contact in Japan.

The information I got:
- Takara held a business talk meeting for spring yesterday.
- The information posted on TFormers might be taken from a Japanese message board. Of course, without a source cited, it's hard to tell.
- He (my contact) doesn't think there's necessarily a deeper meaning, because "surprise project" appears to be a cliché term fot Takara (?).
- He does hope it will indeed be something major, though he wouldn't exactly hold his breath.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Every time Takara put out a black repaint it was a 'major surprise' from them. I wouldn't worry too much about things yet.

Looks like Takara is running down TFs for a bit. The BW 10th anniversay is a limited line, but one which will sell to some fans (and, selling better THERE than HERE at the moment, apparently), but it's not a 'mainline' release.

We know the US is getting the 'Classic' line at the end of this year, to tie into the upcoming (no, really, it's coming! Trust us!) movie. Takara may be talking about that, but it's really hard to say.