Energon's successor is named

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Osku
Protoform

Energon's successor is named

Post by Osku »

Is this old or new news to people? :p

From NTFA.net posted by Lars Eriksson here.

"Energon´s successor named!

Also: the PS2 Armada game gets a sequel

The Swedish gaming site Gamereactor.se reports that Melbourne House is planning on a sequel for Transformers Armada - Prelude to Energon. The game will by 95% chance get a sequel, that they will start working on it as soon as the first game is released in April/May. They plan on releasing the sequel in time for Christmas as late as 2005. The info comes from Markus Windelen, vice president of production of Melbourne House.

According to Windelen, their contract with Hasbro gives Melbourne House the right to freely choose game elements from the toylines Armada, Energon, and Cybertron. When asked if "Cybertron" is the series that will follow Energon, Windelen replied that it is!"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Transformers: Cybertron sucks d00d! Bring back Energon!

;)
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Con-sympathisers demand:

"Make mine Destron!"
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Very origonal.

After seeing the new prime (energon) I'd of thought that the 'mighty morphin robots in disguise' line would be next.
:laugh:
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

So, what random word from transformers are they going to use next?
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

Originally posted by Rookwise
Very origonal.

After seeing the new prime (energon) I'd of thought that the 'mighty morphin robots in disguise' line would be next.
:laugh:

you know something, "Mighty Morphin Robots in Disguise" would actually be REALLY entertaining to watch, and thier starting to get to that point, with the combining, and powerlinking, and zord-morphing-action.
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Mighty Morphin Robots In Disguise?:sweatdrop

Transformers does seem to be heading there.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

i dont know all that combining stuff isnt exiting to me......I crave action...fortunately energon has alot fo destruction
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by The Dark Optimus Prime
you know something, "Mighty Morphin Robots in Disguise" would actually be REALLY entertaining to watch, and thier starting to get to that point, with the combining, and powerlinking, and zord-morphing-action.

Yeah, Gen 1 never had anything like that...:eyebrow:
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

hmm .. mabye Cybertron is another continuation of Energon. Mabye its the battle to revive Cybertron with energon and then control it, like in the movie ... in a sorts. (Random guess).
Sideswipe

Post by Sideswipe »

Its sounds like a ploy to let them reuse some of the Beast Machine molds again
Too Lazy to Register

Post by Too Lazy to Register »

Transformers has gotten gimmicky because, let's face it, you can only carry that whole "robot turns into a car, car turns back into a robot" originality only so far before it becomes old hat, and then you start making all sorts of gestalts, triple changers, and minicons just to add some originality to it. Unless you go the Beast Wars route, and just write at a more sophisticated level once you get comfy enough with the available characters.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Sideswipe

You got that from the word "Cybertron"?
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Sideswipe

You know, that isn´t a bad thought at all. "Armada" or "Energon" both don´t sound too technical, whereas "Cybertron" sure does - it sounds like something technical, and BM was technical all over.
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Originally posted by Cyberman
You know, that isn´t a bad thought at all. "Armada" or "Energon" both don´t sound too technical, whereas "Cybertron" sure does - it sounds like something technical, and BM was technical all over.

Technically Cybertron isn't technical. It's the home planet of the Transformers. Thats all. Just as Energon, is the energy or food that the Transformers need to survive. Beast Machines was gimmicky to the name of the Beast Wars. Robots in Disguise was basically trying to revamp the G1 series into another stream of events. Armada was something totally new and exciting. Energon is just following that trail. We'll just have to see if Cybertron WILL be the next line.. or if it is just a rumor such as how there was a rumor for the next series after Beast Machines (I forget what the rumored name was, but it turned out to be Robots in Disguise). We'll also have to just wait and see if the next series follows Energon. From what others have said about sites such as TFW2005, I would take what they said with a grain of salt, until Hasbro makes an announcement. I haven't seen anything on Hasbros' website about it, so I'm not going to agree with a successive name until they say it is so.
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Windrazor
(I forget what the rumored name was, but it turned out to be Robots in Disguise).

TransTech.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Windrazor
Technically Cybertron isn't technical. [/quote}
But it sounds technical - probably because it´s similar to "cybernetic" or "cyberspace".

[ We'll just have to see if Cybertron WILL be the next line

Right - name´s don´t say too much anyway. No matter how cool the name, the show could still be junk.
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Originally posted by Cyberman
But it sounds technical - probably because it´s similar to "cybernetic" or "cyberspace.

Or Cyberman..

You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
RED EVIL
Protoform

Post by RED EVIL »

Cyberton will be a continuation of Armada and Energon. Which will probly mean that Primus will be called upon to take on Unicron. Primus=Cybertron. so yeh.

i like the way Armada had the minicons as a combiner power-up but i didnt like the way that they used as like a...............pokemon kinda thing like..........gotta get them all and crap. I think the minicon's should have been in the two factions. Like the Decepticon minicons had more decepticon colors with the faction symbol on them.

With regards to the megazord thing. i hate that damn blasted new prime :mad: . but we all must think of this......Voltron and Transformers{ and G-force i think} were the 1st to have combiner robots. Power Rangers copied after them{stupid saban entertainment:wall: . now if Transformers Cybertron returned to the combiner faze in a new version then it would be G1 combiners in a new way. If the do then they should get rid of all these new combiners.......i hate them all from RID Landfill to Armada Super Primefire....overload combiner to this new powerlinx autobots in energon. So i think that for cybertron they should have either a new GOOD combiner feature or go back to the old kick ass combiners in G1/G2........... or at least like Beast Wars Magnaboss&Tripredicus....they were cool too.
----------------------------------------------------
DECEPTICONS FOREVER!
----------------------------------------------------
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by RED EVIL
i like the way Armada had the minicons as a combiner power-up but i didnt like the way that they used as like a...............pokemon kinda thing like..........gotta get them all and crap.

The comic did it alot better. Especially with the whole 'Noone ever asked us' thing. It made them seem more like innocent bystanders caught up in a war they had nothing to do with, than objects to be collected.