TF:TM Menu Image Released

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
TFArchive
Custom Title: King Lurker

TF:TM Menu Image Released

Post by TFArchive »

SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT GIVES FIRST LOOK AT MENU SCREENS FOR TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION DVD

Motion Menu Screen Features Favorite Classic Characters

New York, New York, September 12, 2006 — The home entertainment group of SONY BMG Music Entertainment today is providing fans a first look at the main menu page of the TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD. This two-disc set, a must have for TRANSFORMERS fans and collectors alike, will be released on November 7th.

Beginning today, fans can log onto http://www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com and view a capture of the menu screen. The DVD will feature motion menus, with the most popular TRANSFORMERS characters making an appearance.

For the 20th Anniversary Edition, Sony BMG Home Entertainment completely re-mastered and color-corrected the film and will present Optimus Prime, Megatron and the rest of the star-studded Autobots and Decepticons in true splendor through three distinct versions: 16x9 Widescreen presentation, the Autobot Matrix of Knowledge presentation featuring trivia and fun facts about the movie itself; and a full-screen edition.

To further commemorate the 20th anniversary of the film, SONY BMG is providing fans with some extra-celebratory content that lets them track back to the true origins of the TRANSFORMERS, including original commercials for the toy line and movie.

Sony BMG Home Entertainment is expanding the DVD’s collectibility to the packaging itself. The company has commissioned fan-favorite artist Don Figueroa to create the imagery for a special “transforming” cover.

TRANSFORMERS: The Movie features the voice of Orson Welles in his final role, as well as stars Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Casey Kasem, Robert Stack, John Moschitta, Peter Cullen, and Frank Welker. The DVD also features a winning soundtrack featuring the iconic theme "The TRANSFORMERS" performed by Lion, and the popular "The Touch," performed by Stan Bush. The movie, set in 2005, chronicles the efforts of the heroic Autobots to defend their home of Cybertron from the evil Decepticons and Unicron, a huge robotic creature that devours planets.

For more information on TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD log onto http://www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com

About SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT

SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT is a global recorded music joint venture with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. SONY BMG is 50% owned by Bertelsmann A.G. and 50% owned by Sony Corporation of America.

http://tfarchive.com/cartoons/tf_tm/TFT ... Screen.jpg
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
http://tfarchive.com/
TFArchive
Custom Title: King Lurker

Post by TFArchive »

I sure hope their budget went into cleaning up the movie instead of this, because it looks like 5 mins of photoshop :(.

Can't they at least use TF Fonts and maybe a splashy TF:TM 20th Anny graphic or something :(.

I will still buy the disc but I doubt I will be impressed with either their version of the movie or the minor extras they are including. :(

My favourite version of the movie is still the Canadian one, it didn't have any extras nor did it try to re-do the movie to make it look better. Simple and effective :).
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
http://tfarchive.com/
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Same reason I like the Prism disc. Sony are going overboard with the number and substance of press releases for YATFTM edition. They'd be better off with a few paragraphs from someone not trying to make it sound like a puff piece...

Has this one got the Japanese investors footage with Diaclone Magnus? That'd be one extra I'd like to see preserved.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I like animated menus, but that looks fugly.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Denyer
Has this one got the Japanese investors footage with Diaclone Magnus? That'd be one extra I'd like to see preserved.

It's been on at least two UK DVD's to date...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Denyer
Sony are going overboard with the number and substance of press releases for YATFTM edition.

Yeah, what is this, press release 6, now? I hear next week's press release is
SPOILER! (select to read)
Optimus dies!!! =-o
Certainly, either they're way too excited about a dvd that everyone who cares has at least one copy of, or they don't have much faith in it and are trying to hype it to make people want it.

It's ridge racer! RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!!!