Transformers: The Death of Optimus Prime Preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

Transformers: The Death of Optimus Prime Preview

Post by zigzagger »

Transformers: Death of Optimus Prime (formerly known as Transformers #125) 7-page preview is up @ Comics Continuum.

Written by James Roberts & John Barber and art by Nick Roche.

Scheduled for December 21.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Wooooooooooo. This is great. Although 'Galactic Positioning System' is kind of nonsensical. It's still a globe, Prime!

They should pay Roche all of the money to keep him on board. Those ship designs alone should be case enough.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Dare I say it, but that is some of Roches best work. And really nicely coloured too. Pity he cant stay on for all of the new ongoing.

Anyway, must pick up the previous issue. Forgot all about it. That might mean 2 comics in one visit. Sad to say, but I'm a little bit giddy :)
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Loves a bit of Manganese mountains me, and Prime with his cutting remarks; "I remember you ran". Meow!
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Deep sicological studies? Yep definly Roberts. Lets just see though if the Cons bulid Xerxes.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Interesting. Seems a fair jumping-on point, although might go back and look for the story before it when I get chance.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

The backstory is ok ('Chaos' I think its called). I kind of flipped through it at Forbidden Planet. I like it for the inclusion of background characters and its referencing the Kimia science facility.

I'm going to order the Chaos TPB thing from Amazon because it's got the Roberts two-parter of Prime and Megatron. I'm so impressed at the depiction of Prime as a guy who gets things done and takes no certain amount of ****. Its such a refreshing change to Mr. Doubtful about everything Prime I've been brought up with (apart from kick-ass Prime in 'Arrival from Cybertron' and his ass-kicking turn in the '86 movie, decking everyone against a wondersome Stan Bush track).

I love modern day Prime.