So what's your weather like?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

So what's your weather like?

Post by Sades »

-23 °C, Overcast, Feels Like: -34
Wasn't expecting that till January considering we just got winter last week. *shudders*.

Tomorrow's supposed to "feel like -41 C"... **** me. Time to go find and skin a moose, then wear it as a cape. Or move somewhere warmer.

Come now, tell me how warm you all are, you.... lovely people.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Hound

Post by Hound »

Thermometer says it's 24 degrees and it's been snowing for a little over a day so there's a fair bit of snow on the ground now...
Sades

Post by Sades »

So pretty warm then? :up: Least I'm not the only one stuck in a frigid hell. Winter hit hard and fast this year.

You can skin your own damn moose!
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Its cold outside (6 degrees c), there's no kind of atmosphere. I'm all alone, more or less.

Aside from this messageboard.

Messageboard in a bottle: The Police

Kill the messiiige-board: Happy Mondays

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Sades

Post by Sades »

I was just thinking about how this seems to be default conversation material when you're on the bus chatting with a friendly stranger, or talking with someone you know of, but don't actually know. I had this very same conversation twice today, and both times it seemed fairly enthusiastic. People love talking about changes in the weather, which is kind of mundane but it's not such a bad thing if it gets you talking to someone you normally would not talk to/would not get a chance to talk to, now is it?

The question doesn't bloody work on a messageboard, but it seems pretty useful IRL.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

It's 18 degrees F. There was a blizzard warning on TV. Even our Huskie doesn't want to go outside to poop. But she's going to.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Good news for Texas (the damned mosquitos that are still breeding aside) and the south-east USA may be bad news for a lot of other people.

As with last year the weather is proving to be unusually mild due to things like the position of the jet stream. If you look at a weather map you'll see what I mean: what's south and east of the jet stream is relatively mild while lots of other folks are playing tag with the Arctic.

Given how the overall larger picture mirrors last year it may be rough for a lot of folks (indeed, the Farmer's Almanac has said that this winter will be a loo loo for many folks in the US).
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

-17 is apparently the low tonight. -4 was the high.

During the winter olympics when they were here it didn't drop below 0 once I am pretty sure.

FML.

It could be worse though. My best friend is stationed in Edmonton with the Canadian military. He's from Arkansas. It's -32. He wants to murder himself.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
moonbaseone
Protoform

Post by moonbaseone »

20 F. Got our first snow a couple if days ago.

Good thing I don't get cold too easily. But, when I retire, I do think I may move to someplace warmer.
"Till All Are ONE"

-Please visit FavoriteToons.com - your COMPLETE Cartoon Online resource for Toons, Anime, Transformers, and more!!!

By - Moonbaseone
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Had heavy snow on Wednesday night, which meant Thursday was insane as the locals seemed convinced that this was it and they wouldn't be able to leave their houses until about May. It'd pretty much gone by Friday afternoon, and there's a chance I'll get my sales bonus this year now. Wang Chung.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Upper 40's today. Supposed to be lower 50's tomorrow. Was a little chilly a week or two ago, though (low 20's, got some snow).
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

It's Minnesota...it's ****ing cold!
Hound

Post by Hound »

zigzagger wrote:Upper 40's today. Supposed to be lower 50's tomorrow.
I hate you!
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sunny. Probably cold. I've not been outside yet.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

It's sunny and -19 Celsius right now, but there's no wind and it's finally stopped snowing, so it's fairly comfortable out. It's just a shame that it takes everyone about a month after the first snowfall to remember how to drive in the winter, right now just crossing the street is a bit of an adventure.
Galvatron91 wrote:It's Minnesota...it's ****ing cold!
I live 200 miles north of you and no one is complaining here. :eyebrow: </thinly veiled accusation of wussiness>
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Warcry wrote: I live 200 miles north of you and no one is complaining here. :eyebrow: </thinly veiled accusation of wussiness>
I no longer have a thyroid and my body doesn't process cold anymore...meanwhile I can run a 5k with ease when it is 98 degrees out. I live in the wrong part of the country. Question me again whelp and we shall see who the wuss is the only way issues are ever settled here, with alcohol!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sounds like a plan. You run all the way up here, and then we'll see who can hold more liquor when you get here.

I'll warn the local furniture stores to post guards on all their couches.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Warcry wrote:Sounds like a plan. You run all the way up here, and then we'll see who can hold more liquor when you get here.

I'll warn the local furniture stores to post guards on all their couches.
Don't tempt me...I've heard good things about your strip clubs as well!
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Galvatron91 wrote:Don't tempt me...I've heard good things about your strip clubs as well!
You're thinking of Montreal and Vancouver. In between you're lucky to find a full set of teeth.... maybe if you combine all the strippers in the prairies.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Sades

Post by Sades »

It's a strip club, and you look at their teeth?

Isn't that kind of missing the point?