Alignment ***!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!*****

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Alignment ***!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!*****

Post by Zombie Dave »

Who’s managed to read it so far?

What did you think of it?

I thought whilst enjoyable it was too short, especially considering all the things that happened in it.

The Trasnformer’s foe was supposed to be absolutely huge, but the story didn’t pay the foe enough courtesy by allowing it to be killed off so easily. Had the story been paced more gradually, I think I would have liked it a lot more. It was just big problems, big fight, and big (but quick) conclusion.

Crash, bang, wallop, and it was all over. I appreciate the conditions under which it was written, but I think there was a lot more that could have been included, or expanded on. I liked it, but it lacked depth and was over too soon. I read the book in a little over an hour, and a titanic struggle that does not make.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

What's alignment?
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
What's alignment?
What he said.
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
Computron

Post by Computron »

yeah, I did like Alignment a lot though it is a litte sa dthat the characters that die do (Grimlock/ Blaster/ Perceptor) however is it me or is Magnus kickass in this

Oh and who are the Decepticons Megatron blasts when he is revived? I've never heard of them, Action Masters? G2?

For those who don't know Alignment is a Transforce exclusive book that basically concludes the whole Liege Maximo thing from G2

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

All in all I thought it was a good read, though I too think it was perhaps a little rushed.

I particularly like the way some characters die, Magnus is the definition of cool too.

What it needed to be, was a 'super' collection of artists (Senior, Sullivan, Wildman, Steve White as a colourist and Furman writing) in a comic stylee, rather than a book.

Part One of Alignment was slightly better due to the full colour ilustrations...the book really lacks that...
Lemming
Protoform

Post by Lemming »

What's alignment?

I'm clueless.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Someone tell us what 'Alignment' is!!!!!!!!
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
StoneCold Skywarp

Originally posted by Computron

For those who don't know Alignment is a Transforce exclusive book that basically concludes the whole Liege Maximo thing from G2

--Compy
Are you two blind as well as stupid, read the posts, you'll find out.
Computron

Post by Computron »

we can't be having that, if people actually read the posts after they asked a question the whole system would all apart - I mean 2000 of my next 2000 posts are already pre-booked to be ignored whilst answering a question someone has asked (well only 1000, 500 are for saying how good BW is ;) and 500 are for causing controversy in G1 ;) )

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

D'oh! I'm an idiot!
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Thanks for the info. Will there be scans online, like Botcon did with their first Wreckers comic? Has transforce done any other comics?
StoneCold Skywarp

there's not really any scans to be made, it's a text story with only a few illustrations...
Lemming
Protoform

Post by Lemming »

Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp

Are you two blind as well as stupid, read the posts, you'll find out.
Sorry, i was trying to figure out what it was before I spoiled it for myself. Thus I was scanning people's posts.
Anyway sorry...:)
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Post by Zombie Dave »

As a side issue, why was there no comic this year?

Anybody know?

Was there any stuff which had a full list of all the pre regers?
StoneCold Skywarp

Originally posted by Zombie Dave
As a side issue, why was there no comic this year?

Anybody know?

Was there any stuff which had a full list of all the pre regers?
Cos there was only around 300 pre-registrants, most prolly late ones so Paul Cannon didn't wanna fork out the cash for a decent comic.

Nothing definite

Not as far as I know.

I still think that Alignment should've been a "Who's who' of TF Comic history...
Best First
Protoform

ook ook

Post by Best First »

Did anyone else think the CGI Leige Maximo on the cover looked disturbingly like the bad guy from Donkey Kong Country?

Maybe thats why Prime got turned into a monkey....

As much as i quite enjoyed reading alignment, the ending was too rushed to really feel like a proper conclusion to the war, and im pretty happy to take Furmans advisement from the first issue to not worry about slotting this into continuity, cos as far as im concerned, the story of the tf's... is far from told!

Would have rocked as a comic tho.
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Post by Zombie Dave »

He walks!

On the turf of the enemy?

After having the gall to call me a multiboard slag!?

Egads, next he'll be showing off about his original Helen Daniels that he won off ebay!

Mr First, maybe you'd like to try and win the kick arse piece I drew yesterday, which I loved so much that I went to buy a scanner specifically for it.

But decided to buy some new shoes instead. Natch.
Best First
Protoform

dubious

Post by Best First »

Originally posted by Zombie Dave
He walks!

Egads, next he'll be showing off about his original Helen Daniels that he won off ebay!

i think i delay any more baosting, until the seller actually decides to mail me....

bah.

anyway

King K. Rool = Leige Maximo, or is it just me?
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Post by Zombie Dave »

There's a likeness, to be sure.

The question is, could KKR suddenly just become a god, for no reason?

And could he have the power to whack things up badboy style, i.e. warworlds and ****, but still be **** enough to die at the hands of Megatron?

I not a fan of alignments LM.

He looked like a decent character at the end of G2, but I don't like the way he gazumps Uni so quickly in the book, but still ultimately dies like a bitch.
Best First
Protoform

bobbins

Post by Best First »

plus, on reflection, his plan is complete bobbins, if he had just left the autobots and deceps alone, they pobably wouldnt have found him and he could have 'ascended' nay bother.

AND! the whole wiping out the universe thing was a bit far fetched, even within the context of giant transformig sentient robots that we are still talking about 20 years later.

hmm, the more i talk about it, the more i think i preffered the ostrich riding elegance of Donkey Kong Country. And the dolpjin was quite neat to...