[BW,BM] What were the maximals/predicons?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
choguy
Protoform

What were the maximals/predicons?

Post by choguy »

What were the maximals and predicons before they crashed on earth? I mean if they transformed what did they transform into? Or did they just not transform into anything.
"Prime told me there'd be days like this"
-Bumble Bee
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

i think that judging by the episode Bad Spark they didnt transform into anything because of the peaceful coexistence between maximals and predacons so there would be no need for alt modes.
Computron

Post by Computron »

Basically they transformed into whatever they transformed to in Generation one. There is absolutly no evidence that the rest of cybertron had a beast mode (other than Dinobots etc..) and a lot of facts actually support the idea of life generally carried on as normal

Sure generally the transformers were built smaller but perhaps the ones we saw were just the micromasters of Cybertron? I mean Depth Charge who undergoes no size change is pretty big and if we can assume a guard is that big then teh Maximal warriors could possibly still be a similar size to the G1 warriors.

Also Cheetor dreamed of a jet (starscream look alike) flying on Cybertron and added together with the fact the likes of Jetstorm, Tankorr and Thrust had transformation modes then we can guess that the Cybertrons kept them - Perhaps just banned military ones (i.e tanks)

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
choguy
Protoform

Post by choguy »

Im pretty sure that they're smaller than the G1 transformers because when cheetor is with the developing humans he isnt much taller than the humans.
"Prime told me there'd be days like this"
-Bumble Bee
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Another question that this thread got me thinking of was what were Cheetor, Rattrap and Rhinox's names before they landed on Earth and got their new alt-modes. In Beast Wars part 1 they introduce themselves with these new names. Why would they introduce themselves if they were already ship mates... isn't that weird?
Computron

Post by Computron »

Originally posted by choguy
Im pretty sure that they're smaller than the G1 transformers because when cheetor is with the developing humans he isnt much taller than the humans.
And when the Micromasters appear on Earth in th eUK comic they are about the same size as humans, Does that mean we should assume that all g1 tfs are that size based on them?

Sure more might of been smaller but I don't think it was compulsary to get reduced in size massivly and I suspect a lot of tfs were the size of the seekers and bot cars

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
Death's Head
Protoform

Post by Death's Head »

We can probably assume their vehicle forms from their transmetal modes - the only TFs to be transmetallised AND given a vehicle mode (so Fuzors don't count) were ones who had been active on Cybertron.

Assuming that the spark holds some kind of 'memory' of the alt mode, when the quantum surge mutated them it probably tapped into their spark-memory of their previous form.

So Rattrap may have been a car, Rhinox a tank, Megatron a VTOL jet (probably like Obsidian in BM) and Cheetor a jet or something.
SMITH
Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - Guns, Girls and Gorillas!
jazz007
Protoform

Post by jazz007 »

Originally posted by Death's Head

Assuming that the spark holds some kind of 'memory' of the alt mode, when the quantum surge mutated them it probably tapped into their spark-memory of their previous form.

So Rattrap may have been a car, Rhinox a tank, Megatron a VTOL jet (probably like Obsidian in BM) and Cheetor a jet or something.

it does make sense to judge this way, but based on BM, cybertron was once an organic planet, so may i ask: during the time when G1 tf live in cybertron, cybertron was already a fully technological planet. so doesnt that conflict wif BM?
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

Unless one brings in the Quintessons into the picture. If Cybertron was originally organic, maybe the Quints just built around that to the point it they converted it to a metallic planet?
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Thats what i think, the Quintessons found some dead planet and took it over, OR in headmasters Cybertron blown away..so you think that...Cybertron was just rebilt?...
Ranma
Protoform

Post by Ranma »

If cybertron was blown away, why would they rebuild Iacon?(sp)
In beast machines the old autobot hq was there.
Nifty!