Gobots was better than the G1 cartoon

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Computron

Gobots was better than the G1 cartoon

Post by Computron »

Ok to start off with as someone is probably gonna point it out I'm not on about the toys, comics or fans

Gobots is so much better than G1 and even the cartoon writers knew it. Gobots is so great that transformers had to steal the plot and story of the Gobot movie and turn it into an episode in an attempt to get people back into transformers near the end of season one

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

No, and I have seen both. Even the G1 TF show received better concepts and characterisation than Gobots. Also, if anything, its human characters were even more frighteningly dire.
Hound

Re: Gobots was better than the G1 cartoon

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Computron
Ok to start off with as someone is probably gonna point it out I'm not on about the toys, comics or fans

Gobots is so much better than G1 and even the cartoon writers knew it. Gobots is so great that transformers had to steal the plot and story of the Gobot movie and turn it into an episode in an attempt to get people back into transformers near the end of season one

--Compy
If you say so...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
predaking79
Protoform

Post by predaking79 »

i'd take even daniel over the humans on go bots
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

So go sign up at a Gobots board.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

*blink*

Only good thing that came out of Gobots was the future voice for Beast Wars Megatron.

Though, that's for a different part of the forum...
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Originally posted by Galvatron84
So go sign up at a Gobots board.
My sentiments exactly! If only getting rid of Compy were that easy...life is not that sweet...
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

For real Gavlatron84....I dunno why people who dislike something so much insist on signing up at a board to post over 3000 times about it...BTW, wasn't Compy the one who insisted that (gasp) pokemon was better than TF? ;)

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
Computron

Post by Computron »

Originally posted by Springer145
For real Gavlatron84....I dunno why people who dislike something so much insist on signing up at a board to post over 3000 times about it...BTW, wasn't Compy the one who insisted that (gasp) pokemon was better than TF? ;)
I never said I disliked transformers, I mean the comics are great, Beast Wars is IMO the greatest animation show ever. I like Beast Machines and after finishing watching RID almost solidly from start to finish (well 6 hrs for sleep got in way) I can say I like that as well. Also the toys are generally ok as far as toys go (though I'm not a huge fan of them simply cause I'm not a toy collector) and I especially like the PVC's. The Japanese stuff (HM, Masterforce, Victory, Scrabble City, Zone) is funny in a different culture sence of humour way - I just am not a massive fan of the original cartoon cause its pants

And apart from a few decent attempts by several posters (well Denyer ;) ) No one has yet been able to post any real substance to counteract my old pokemon cartoon better than g1 cartoon argument

Even current writers know how great Gobots is, I mean they are using "Leader 1"

--Compy

(Don't bother replying I will save you the effort by placing the average repsonce from fanboys here:

fanboy 1: Whatever G1cartoon rules cause I said so, that is my proof

fanboy 2: Yes the cartoon is the best, what are you oon about with beast Wars?

fanboy 3: uhhhh?

(anyone else think I'm giving them too much credit with these replies ;) )
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

I will give gobots one thing however...A long time ago i had this one gobots figure i thought was really cool looking and i have no clue what his name was...he was a funky looking die-cast green alien looking guy that turned into a futuristic car/tank/thingy. he was cool because his robot mode, was durable, and had these awesome shiny red eyes. Anyone know who this is?

BTW Compy, while i truly disliked the gobots series (all gobots things save one or two figures), my post was mainly for fun, no reason to get your pokemons in a bunch :p
Defender
Protoform

Post by Defender »

As if the opinion of a newbie matters, I will say that I was not a terribly big fan of the Gobots cartoon. I don't think Hanna Barbera had any business straying from Yogi Bear and Scooby Dooby Doo and it showed in the fact that Gobots had "Organic Brains" and all that. I also like the way that the transformers was a little more realistic in the fact that they kinda "fixed" the limitations of the toys- ie robot's faces weren't sticking out of the bottom of the cars like Turbo's was, or Leader One's head hanging out the bottom of the cockpit. Mistakes like that kind of make the whole vehicle mode as a disgiuse thing not work- all you have to do is look for the enemie's feet hanging out or his face under the headlight.
Be that as it may, I always thought that Rogue Star was a really cool base of operations although the Gobot base I thought was a poor rip off of the AT-AT from Empire Strikes Back.
Def
"I got better things to do tonight than die."
-Springer, Autobot City
strafefox64
Protoform

Post by strafefox64 »

Yeah, yeah you don't like the cartoon, no need to remind us every week..
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

OK Compy, you're officially scaring me now...

And I thought liking Gobots meant banishment to the dark plains, where the mutant roaches eat your internal organs...
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Redstreak
OK Compy, you're officially scaring me now...

And I thought liking Gobots meant banishment to the dark plains, where the mutant roaches eat your internal organs...
He lives in Cardiff, he's there already. ;)

Comps just likes being controversial.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Hound

We get it already

Post by Hound »

Ok man you don't like the G1 cartoon, no one is gonna convince you differently. For god sakes no one gives a **** whether you like it or not at this point. You surely aren't making any headway on convincing anyone new that the old cartoon is bad, if that is your goal. I like the cartoon you aren't gonna convince me that it's as bad as you make it out to be no matter what rubbish you compare it to. I don't know why you neglect the classics, if you want to sway my opinion use the Looney Tunes. You'd make it harder to argue with. As it is Gobots had poor voice acting, poor animation, poor stories, poor characters and worse ratings than the Transformers. All-in-all inferior to the G1 cartoon.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Computron

Post by Computron »

Originally posted by Sixswitch

He lives in Cardiff, he's there already. ;)
What are you on about, Cardiff is a great city, for the last 2 months it has been really cool, admittedly it will probably go downhill in about a month when all the gippo bums, sorry Cardiff Uni Students come back ;)

--Compy
Cyclonis
Protoform

Post by Cyclonis »

I hardly remember gobots, ijust remember the bad guys being an orange motorbike, a black car (female?) and a blue choper. The good guys a red car and a red scooter with a human. What was it's plot?:confused:
TheBean
Protoform
Location: In the dark corner of the universe...behind the potato chips

Post by TheBean »

All I know recall about the Go-Bots cartoon is that they were from a planet that looks alot like a Cylon (sp?) ship from the Battlestar Galatica series :D
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long haired pretty boy and beating the **** out of him. - Gallahad Rule
The Green Knight

Post by The Green Knight »

Originally posted by TheBean
All I know recall about the Go-Bots cartoon is that they were from a planet that looks alot like a Cylon (sp?) ship from the Battlestar Galatica series :D

They also had the "Astrobeam" which was a lamer version of the Space Bridge
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Originally posted by Computron
And apart from a few decent attempts by several posters (well Denyer ;) ) No one has yet been able to post any real substance to counteract my old pokemon cartoon better than g1 cartoon argument
/b]

Sure they have. No one has yet been able to post anything to satisfy your twisted little mind. S'all. ;)

Even current writers know how great Gobots is, I mean they are using "Leader 1"

Ah yes, as Megatron's lacky. Fitting place for him. Heh.

Other points have already been made, Disguise modes aren't so disguising when you can see their heads under their hoods. Soundtrack was pretty bad. Granted, some of the music in Transformers seems pretty outdated now, but there were a lot of purely orchestrated music on top of the "trying to be hip" style of the time stuff. But even Gobots' music was hard to listen to at the time.

Good point for Gobots? They used Female characters off the bat. SOLD TOYS of them too. Like it or not, that has to be said for good credit points.

But the final say for me? Gobots was Hannah Barbarah's answer to Transformers. They knew it was coming, as Hasbro had purchased a transforming toyline out of Japan. A scramble was done on behalf of Tonka to obtain a cheaper line of transforming robots (not on purpose, this is just what they'd found) and another quick scramble was done to produce a show based on them as fast as possible. Gobots actually aired first, but only because they rushed it out to beat the group who had originally thought out the idea.

So Gobots was the copycat. Despite airing first.

Plus, the TF forums just so happen to outweigh the Gobot ones, that I can see. Probably because the toyline for GB was limited to the little guys and their larger counterparts. So Gobots couldn't expand like it might have wanted to, unless they went out and decided to start their own line of toys. Once they'd all run out, their next idea had been transforming rocks. Not the worst concept mind you, but...well....odd.

Plus I can actually remember a few episodes when the Renagades were defeated and captured. Somehow they fight another day.

And yeah yeah, so you can say they escaped later on after the episode had ended. Shows how incompitent Leader-1 truly was. I believe his demotion from Guardian leader to Minicon is quite warranted.