Galvatron model kit at BBTS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Galvatron model kit at BBTS

Post by Clay »

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Seems to be an interesting, if under the radar, item. Says it's a licensed product by a new company called 'Arianrhod', and that they're only making about 100 kits for a convention in Japan. It looks groovy!

More importantly, it means that good Galvatron figures, even if they don't transform, remain exclusive to Japanese conventions. Boo.
Springer007

Re: Galvatron model kit at BBTS

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by Clay
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Seems to be an interesting, if under the radar, item. Says it's a licensed product by a new company called 'Arianrhod', and that they're only making about 100 kits for a convention in Japan. It looks groovy!

More importantly, it means that good Galvatron figures, even if they don't transform, remain exclusive to Japanese conventions. Boo.

I love the fig, I saw it a few days ago on BBTS, but i noticed the article on seibertron.com. Anywho it is a nice figure and pretty show accurate, it makes me yearn that they would do lots of TF figures in primered paint for the public to buy, put together and paint. Either transformable or not, this seems like it'll be a big hit with collectors!:up:
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Me like...me know me can't afford! :(
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
Me like...me know me can't afford! :(

It's not due out for a while yet... preorder and squirrel your pennies away like I'm doing!
Springer007Either transformable or not, this seems like it'll be a big hit with collectors!
Yeah, out of all the movie/season three characters, Galvatron's design has always been my favorite, but it's never gotten any accurate merchandise. I never understood the point of his alternate mode (it's like Megatron's, only not even a good disguise), so the idea of a non-transforming Galvatron figure is perfectly acceptable to me.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Rather curious about the Thunderwing and Bludgeon figures following this release.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

It's not due out for a while yet... preorder and squirrel your pennies away like I'm doing!

Yeah, out of all the movie/season three characters, Galvatron's design has always been my favorite, but it's never gotten any accurate merchandise. I never understood the point of his alternate mode (it's like Megatron's, only not even a good disguise), so the idea of a non-transforming Galvatron figure is perfectly acceptable to me.

Oh I know the alt mode was.... odd... but I was also making mention of the Gundam Wing and Epyon kits from Bandai that could transform effectively, even if they were simplistic. I still have mine and wish they had made them of a sturdier plastic. Anywho I can't wait to see the Bludgeon and Thunderwing. I hope this line goes very far as even W.W. molds :D.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, I always quite liked the cannon - it was useful and stuff. Mind, scale aside, I never had big issues with the original toy... It's better than Magnus or Roddy at any rate...
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I can agree on poor Magnus and Rodimus. Looking back at pictures of the original Hot Rod toy, it was far superior to Rodimus Prime. I was always curious why they didn't just add a camper shell to Hot Rod's original mold and with Magnus, why not attempt to add leg and hip joints. Poor Maggie was just a rolling, arm moving brick. As I remember from my old Galvie he had a decent amount of movement compared to his counterparts. And not to forget bright flashing lights too.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I dunno, I always quite liked the cannon - it was useful and stuff. Mind, scale aside, I never had big issues with the original toy... It's better than Magnus or Roddy at any rate...
For a while, I felt that Galvatron and Megatron had the same basic problem - although Galvatron was no longer "in disguise", and Megatron needed someone else to fire him (except for that odd moment in MTMTE), why would Galvatron even need to transform since his cannon is so frikkin' powerful already?

But then I figured that it's probably kinda like the Macross having to transform to fire it's main cannon; Galvatron needs to transform in order to get the most out of his firepower.
trilobitepictures
Protoform

Post by trilobitepictures »

No more "in disguise" than a giant, flying purple laser gun or a giant microscope...
"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Well Perceptor DID have a penchant for mass-shifting, and Shockwave...uh...well he was never in disguise to begin with since he had a Cybertronian alt mode!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by zigzagger
Rather curious about the Thunderwing and Bludgeon figures following this release.

Yeah, I am wondering about them as well. It is a bit odd that this company would pick a couple of popular-in-the-West characters for their next releases.

I know Bludgeon and Thunderwing were featured fairly heavily towards the end of the US and UK comics, but they're as obscure in Japan as Victory Saber and Star Convoy are in the West, right?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, they basically didn't come out over there full stop, and I'd be surprised if DW Armada reprints racked up that much of a following... I dunno, maybe they've worked out the demand for Japanese figures comes mainly from the West? ;)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, I am wondering about them as well. It is a bit odd that this company would pick a couple of popular-in-the-West characters for their next releases.

I know Bludgeon and Thunderwing were featured fairly heavily towards the end of the US and UK comics, but they're as obscure in Japan as Victory Saber and Star Convoy are in the West, right?
They look like the same stylings as the people who did the nifty Wheelie and Cyclonus customs -- i.e. Takara's probably given them the go-ahead as long as they pay a nominal fee and don't compete in retail markets (which may mean no transforming kits.)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I dunno, maybe they've worked out the demand for Japanese figures comes mainly from the West? ;)

Ah, touche!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Got this in the mail today. I was expecting (and budgeted for) it to come out in December... not this quickly.

Anyway, it comes in a little cardboard envelope type thing. More interestingly, it says "AD-1 Classics Galvatron". I'm sure it has nothing to do with the Classics 2.0 Hasbro talked about at Botcon, but it's an interesting designation nonetheless.

Will get pictures up this evening.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Don't have pictures up yet, but here's the link that's included with the instructions:

http://saezuriya.blog116.fc2.com/

It comes molded in a slightly different shade of purple used for the sample shown. It's closer to the Superlink Galvatron.
jazzwhite
Protoform

Post by jazzwhite »

Does anyone have any tips for putting together the Galvatron model kit? I don't have a clue what to do, someone please help!
Clay

Post by Clay »

I'm taking many in-progress pictures as I go. I'll post them once I'm finished painting.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Nearly done... hopefully will finish tomorrow. Hopefully.
Attachments
galva-008.jpg
galva-008.jpg (44.46 KiB) Viewed 604 times