$@#!ing asshole. [venting]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

$@#!ing asshole. [venting]

Post by Sades »

I'm going to give you all a tip on apartment living. But first, storytime.

So I live on the top floor of a four-storey walkup, right, and I usually drag all my clothes down to the basement whenever I want to use the laundry machines. Well, today I'd done just that- grabbed my big basket of laundry, slipped on my bunny slippers and trudged downstairs... only to find both washing machines full of clothes waiting to be washed.

I'm about to trudge back upstairs again when a short, stocky dude comes out of the apartment just adjacent to the laundry room. He breezes right by me, says "Hello" cordially, and then goes and plops his loonies into both washing machines, shuts them, and starts them up, right in front of me.

See, I was just annoyed that both machines were taken up when I wandered in, but when mr right-next-to-the- laundry so calmly wandered out of his apartment and decided to flaunt his asshattery right in front of me, it pissed me right off.

Seriously, in this sort of situation... if someone is standing there, in front of you holding a large basket of laundry- don't ****ing take up all the washing machines. It's just not smart. If it takes a half hour to wash and an hour to dry like it does here it means you're tying up the entire room by yourself for an hour and a half [not counting the time the clothes spend just sitting in the machines waiting for you to come and check on them. With this apartment complex it's usually about an hour, the ****ers]... and if you get a person like me, they'll start planning things for your laundry.

I mean, if you like pens mysteriously finding their way into the machine, or finding your wash scattered across the back parking lot, go for it... but if you don't, please, remember you have neighbours.

Suggestions for revenge are welcome. I am seriously considering the pen idea.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Ice Shard
Protoform

Post by Ice Shard »

If you bring your own washing powder, nick his and put honey on his under wear.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

I dont get it. he was there first wasnt he? maybe he forgot his change and was just coming back?
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Go stop his program and piss in his laundry.

Or for a more efficient solution, go to the janitor and demand the use of the washing machines to be scheduled.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Hawkeye wrote:I dont get it. he was there first wasnt he? maybe he forgot his change and was just coming back?
I'm wondering the same thing as well. [voice=Aladdin from "Bionic Six"]Data! Need more data![/voice]
Sades

Post by Sades »

Hawkeye wrote:I dont get it. he was there first wasnt he? maybe he forgot his change and was just coming back?
I did forget to mention that there is a sign reminding people to be courteous in their usage of the machines, I assume because there are only four, two wash two dry shared between 19 suites. Essentially hogging the entire room for an hour and a half isn't very courteous. I mean, there isn't a whole lot you can do when the machines are taken up and no one is there, who knows, it could very well be two different people... in this case, obviously not so.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

ok but I live in an apartment building with the exact same concept (20 odd suites) and i'm on the top floor and we have the same amount of washers/dryers and it takes as long as your example but eh i just come back later.

relax :P

*edit*sorry if i seem to be just arguing against something that you clearly just want to vent about. but i'm more trying to get you to not sweat "teh small stuff" rather than being hopelessly argumentative *edit*
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Old milk his laundry. Old milk is the ultimate bastard rewengay weapon. It's like the Dubya of Bastard tools - it looks like shit, smels funny and it just won't ****ing go away.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Wait, one thing I don't understand: you said that when you inititally got down there, there was already laundry machines in use, and then you went back upstairs when you saw that all the machines were in use. Were the machines that were in use at the time containing his laundry or someone elses? Cuz I'm interpretting this as "machines were in use (by someone other than you and him) and he totally sideswiped the whole deal and cut in front."

In which case, yeah, I'd be pissed. Or piss in his laundry with a few gifts from my dog.

Edit: forget the "getting back at him" shit. It all eventually comes back to us in the end.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Well, if he was there first..he was there first...HOWEVER...

If there are only two machines...and he saw you there...he SHOULD have offered to let you use one of them.

And as far as the ink in the washer or any other crud, remember...you will be putting yours in there as well. That stuff usually hangs around for a few more loads, especially ink and stuff.

Why risk ruining yours?

But the bit mentioned about schedules is right on. You should know a bit in advance when they will be available for use.
Smokescreen GT

Post by Smokescreen GT »

Find some dog shit and throw it in his wash. Although, be sure to wear rubber gloves when doing this. Oh, and hold your breath, too. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I used to use the two washers, but I made sure to use the laundry room on off hours, like Friday night, when only losers like me (;)) are home.

I did once see that both dryers were full and done before I starting washing and about three hours afterwards, they were still full with the same clothes.* Needless to say, I was pissed. Luckily, none of my clothes got moldy.

The most douchebag thing that's happened to me, in terms of laundry, happened when I was a freshman. I would sit in the laundry room, so I could get it in and out right away. This particular time, I put it in a washer right in front of me, and right when it stopped** some girl openned the door and tried to take my stuff out. I was like "Can I help you?" and she was like "Sorry."

*At that time, I had a policy that I wouldn't take others' clothes out of the dryer, but I eventually developed a **** it philosophy, in terms of that. I'd be generous and give them a half hour after their stuff's done to get it out. There's nothing more obnoxious than having to wait for a dryer because some asshole can't stick around to do his laundry then bring his shit back to his room. I'd understand if it were his own personal dryer, but it's not.

**And I mean "right when it stopped," as in I didn't even have a second to put down whatever I was doing.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

I cant be of any use in this thread-I have a washing machine in my kitchen,a clothehorse and some shit hot and i mean HOT central heating.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

If I lived in a situation like that (with these strange "apartment" things) I would stay in the laundry room the entire time my stuff was washing. Read a book, do exercise, listen to the MP3 player... whatever. With 19 flats using 4 machines I'd watch it like ma hawk [Sadie's situation is probably very different to mine where I only need to wash once a week and do it on my first day off]. If this guy is leaving his alone... that's just an excuse to **** him over. It's like a public duty.

In my place, we only have two flats. our landlord completely forgot to turn up for their six mounthly inspection yesterday, and when we called to ask where they were they tried tom pretend it was the week before and when they came we were out... "Yes, but we called you two weeks ago to say we'd be in Aldershot that Friday so come a week latter" "Must have been mixed wires".
Sades

Post by Sades »

martyboy70 wrote:I cant be of any use in this thread-I have a washing machine in my kitchen,a clothehorse and some shit hot and i mean HOT central heating.
Well thanks for your completely useless input.

:p

Nah guys, I was basically full of shit- for the small things, once the initial annoyance fades/I'm distracted by a shiny object I'm usually no longer concerned by it.*shrugs* Planning revenge is simply cathartic ;)

[though I did technically seriously consider the pen thing- for all of the five seconds it took to type out the sentence.]
Hawkeye wrote:ok but I live in an apartment building with the exact same concept (20 odd suites) and i'm on the top floor and we have the same amount of washers/dryers and it takes as long as your example but eh i just come back later.
If the dude's right in front of you with his laundry in both machines when you have a tight schedule for the weekend, no clothing and know you won't be around to do them any other time? I spent the weekend in already-worn-twice clothing thanks to this ****er. I was pissed. :p See, I would have been mildly annoyed if the machines had been taken up already when I got there, but not nearly as annoyed as I was when I saw that it was one dude taking up the machines. That's basically my point.
relax :P
*edit*sorry if i seem to be just arguing against something that you clearly just want to vent about. but i'm more trying to get you to not sweat "teh small stuff" rather than being hopelessly argumentative *edit*
That totally sounds like something my BF would say... incidentally, he is also one of the handful of people who I will attempt to listen to when they say it. Trust me, if you knew me well you'd know it's abslutely impossible to try to get me to stop worrying. :p

I know it isnt really worth getting worked up about. Which is why I posted the topic, then forgot about it shortly afterward. ;)
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

then forgot about it shortly afterward.
yeah i assumed as much anyway. pretty much why i threw went back and edited it as I realised i probably came off as two critical when you were probably just venting int eh moment. on second look I might not be the best example anyway as it takes alot to really bother/anger me about stuff like that.

anyway Id just shoot in for the takedown and slap on a sweet armbar to guilotine transition submission like Big Nog did to win the UFC heavyweight title last night.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Could just donate his clothing to goodwill.........

After he's dried it, of course.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

Just do what i do,whaer clothes two-three days in a row
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

rattrap23 wrote:Just do what i do,whaer clothes two-three days in a row
And then she could go live in a tent on a roundabout and rummage through bins for food.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Meh, he didn't do anything wrong...he's got a right to the machines, as he was there first. What, you'd like him to give up 3 hours of his time to the process by doing one load at a time, predicated on the idea that someone else MIGHT come along? Few will sacrifice 90 minutes of their time based on such a possibility. If the machines are busy, come back another time. If your wash is so built up that you MUST do a load, well, that's not really that guy's fault, is it?