• transformers forum
Old 2018-05-24, 09:56 PM   #6061
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
TLK Cogman I don't know if I'm doing something wrong though, because his crotch sticks out far too much from underneath to allow this roll properly. Or allow the sword to clip on underneath.
There's a piece that flips out to give the wheels clearance and a place for the sword.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 07:18 PM   #6062
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Thanks! I'd look at the instructions, but that's boring.

Oooh it rolls proper like now weeeeeeee

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 06:34 PM   #6063
HeavyArms
Unicron

Victoria, Australia

POTP Evolution Rodimus Prime.

Energon Bruticus Maximus - Won these figures via a Australian Transformers Collectors Club raffle.

I think I need to get Superion Maximus now to complete the set of Maximi.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 02:58 AM   #6064
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

Aquidneck Island, RI, USA

Deluxe Movie Optimus Prime - From a thrift shop. He's got no weapon, and a somewhat loose shoulder, but is other wise in great shape. The windshield of the cab actually forms the windshield on the chest, which seems to be getting rarer and rarer.

I like how the wheels fold into the ankles to reduce leg kibble and leg hollowness. If I get a SS Grimlock, this seems like the best size Optimus I have to ride him. Unless the backpack, which is formed of the truck hood and front tires, makes him too back heavy.

Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-02, 12:10 PM   #6065
HeavyArms
Unicron

Victoria, Australia

Platinum Edition Trypticon.

BW Wolfang.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-02, 06:44 PM   #6066
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

TLK Dinobot Slug
Slug is an awful name. Couldn't Hasbro have picked something else, now they've decided they can't use Slag? Incinerator or something... Anyway! I bought this as its on sale and I liked the colours. This is my first dabbling with the Movie Dinos, which I've avoided so far as I'm not sure the spiky aesthetic is one I like. Slug looks pretty awesome though. He's nice and beefy in robot mode and I like his visor head. Beast mode is pretty cute for a spiky load of nonsense. Overall, I'm pretty impressed.

Old 2018-06-04, 03:02 PM   #6067
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Surprised to find PotP Inferno at Walmart yesterday. I've been really looking forward to him, mostly so I have a proper torso for an Autobot car combiner (Battle Core Optimus just doesn't cut it) since Smokescreen, Ironhide, Prowl, and Jazz are my orphan Combiner limbs.

I'm a little disappointed with Inferno - granted, I knew what to expect since I already have CW Onslaught, though never owned CW Hot Spot. I wish there was a better way to fold up the ladder on the back, but alas, that's not to be. Otherwise, he's a good toy, if nothing special, and the colors are fantastic. For me he works well, but I don't think he's worth searching the ends of the Earth for.

ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-04, 08:19 PM   #6068
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

POTP Rodimus Unicronus
Much like in soap operas, you can tell a wrong 'un as they always, always have facial hair (even the women), so Rodimus Unicronus has a beard and handle bar moustache, so you can tell he's bad. In case the balck paint job and the Decepticon badge didn't give it away. He looks fabulous. I'm not sure what I make of this guy though, after being a bit excited by him. It's not that he's disappointing as such - he pretty much delivers what you expect - he's just not as ...good, I suppose as the Titans Return Leader Class figures I have and looks a bit, chunky and basic next to their detail heavy drizzle. He is a good fun toy though, and I like being able to make Nemesis Hot Rod 'evolve' into this guy (seriously, did no-one think of calling him Black Rod, or are quaint British political customs too obscure for a funny name?). The transformation between modes is a bit of a clumsy mess, and Hasbro's continuing 'tabsformation' they've introduced over the last few years makes some worrying cracks and crunches here. The alt mode is okay, but the joins with the smaller Hot Rod toy are quite obvious and it's a shame the trailer doesn't cover more of these sins. Black Rod himself is decent, he's less impressive than the Titans version or even the older Classics mold, but is nice enough. The alto mode is another horrible tab tab tab tab affair and it feels like it's putting a lot of strain on the figure, having things pegged where they should, which isn't a good sign. Overall; wait for a heavy mark down. I do appreciate being able to get a black repaint without having to pay silly money for a TakTom import, so two thumbs up for that

Old 2018-06-05, 01:51 AM   #6069
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

PotP Sinnertwin, Blot, Cutthroat - Found at the same comic shop I got Alchemist Prime at 3 months ago. I've yet to see Alchemist anywhere else, and wave 1 Deluxes are still on the shelves.

They're all very satisfying. I especially like how Blot's bot hand and gauntlents become his beast claws simply by having the beast thumbs attached to the bot fists. I wish they'd come up with something that clever for Rippersnapper.

Cutthroat shares much of his engineering with Swoop, but only uses the same shoulders/upper arms and thighs. Even the forearms are new. His beast head falls off pretty easily, which appears to be a widespread problem.

Sinnertwin has similar engineering as Snarl, but backwards. Snarl's bot arms form the dino hind legs, Sinnertwin's form the beasts forelegs. I had to trim some extra plastic from one of the beast heads to get the jaw to open, but it's fine now.

You can fold the bot head down, and beast heads up, to have a beast headed bot mode. You can actually do something like this for all the Terrorcon Deluxes. But, it's kind of pointless with Blot and Rippersnapper since they have bipedal beast modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Surprised to find PotP Inferno at Walmart yesterday. I've been really looking forward to him, mostly so I have a proper torso for an Autobot car combiner (Battle Core Optimus just doesn't cut it) since Smokescreen, Ironhide, Prowl, and Jazz are my orphan Combiner limbs.

I'm a little disappointed with Inferno - granted, I knew what to expect since I already have CW Onslaught, though never owned CW Hot Spot. I wish there was a better way to fold up the ladder on the back, but alas, that's not to be. Otherwise, he's a good toy, if nothing special, and the colors are fantastic. For me he works well, but I don't think he's worth searching the ends of the Earth for.
"orphan Combiner limbs" seems odd to me. Even after doubling up on some limbs when they hit TJ Maxx, I have an extra torso.

Is the molded detail on Inferno's gestalt thighs and chest unpainted? Defensor and G1 Bruticus have the sculpted "inner" parts painted grey, and the straight bars over them painted another color, so they stand out from the blue plastic.

G2 Bruticus left all that yellow, which looks unfinished, which is why G2 Onslaught's my extra torso. How's it look on Inferno?

I've read that Inferno's been slightly retooled so the gestalt stands better. Have you noticed an improvement over Onslaught?

Alleged "poems"
are not poetry
Old 2018-06-06, 06:25 PM   #6070
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrum View Post
"orphan Combiner limbs" seems odd to me. Even after doubling up on some limbs when they hit TJ Maxx, I have an extra torso.

Is the molded detail on Inferno's gestalt thighs and chest unpainted? Defensor and G1 Bruticus have the sculpted "inner" parts painted grey, and the straight bars over them painted another color, so they stand out from the blue plastic.

G2 Bruticus left all that yellow, which looks unfinished, which is why G2 Onslaught's my extra torso. How's it look on Inferno?

I've read that Inferno's been slightly retooled so the gestalt stands better. Have you noticed an improvement over Onslaught?
Well, they're not technically orphans. I sold off Battle Core Optimus a while back because I just couldn't stand the white/gold/grey, and I do have PotP Starscream and CW Cyclonus. Somehow it just doesn't feel right to put Autobot cars on those two - so I needed a new Autobot torso for them. I actually need more Decepticon limbs to fill out the ranks!

The molded details aren't necessarily unpainted. They have a little, but not to the degree of Hot Spot or Bruticus. The thighs are a bit bland but do have some silver on the top and black on the bottom. The grating is totally red though. The chest fairs a bit better with white plastic, silver and black paint, and some stickers for a touch of detail. I think it's varied just enough to be decent.

As for the legs, I can't see any obvious retooling, but the hips seem tighter than on Bruticus. He doesn't have near the forward lean that my Bruticus has, so there may have been some slight adjustment to the clearance/tightness of the joints. They definitely feel a bit more snug.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3480.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	11812   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3478.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	11813  

Old 2018-06-06, 08:15 PM   #6071
Clay

Murray, KY
Red face

I'm waaay behind on documenting stuff I've grabbed in the last six months or so, but I would like to say that I found the movie studio voyagers Megatron and Brawl today.

I would like to say that because I think they were first sighted in the US... yesterday? Monday? And yet I still can't find POTP wave three.

Old 2018-06-06, 08:56 PM   #6072
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Well, they're not technically orphans. I sold off Battle Core Optimus a while back because I just couldn't stand the white/gold/grey, and I do have PotP Starscream and CW Cyclonus. Somehow it just doesn't feel right to put Autobot cars on those two - so I needed a new Autobot torso for them. I actually need more Decepticon limbs to fill out the ranks!
Do most people keep their CW/POTP figures combined all the time? I think I've got more "orphaned" combiner parts than members of complete teams, and generally enjoy the separate figures more than I do the combiners anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I would like to say that because I think they were first sighted in the US... yesterday? Monday? And yet I still can't find POTP wave three.
That implies you've found wave two, though. So you're way ahead of a lot of us.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-06, 11:27 PM   #6073
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

I keep most of my combiner sets combined to save shelf space. I've got the Terrorcons separated right now, since I'm still fiddling with them alot. Especially Sinnertwin. I also have an extra Wheeljack that I originally bought to fill out Optimus Maximus, but liked enough to keep separate. OpMax was one-armed until PotP Jazz came out.

I wasn't thinking about faction matching. Though, most of mine do match, except for a Blastoff on Elita Inifinitus. That'll probably change when I get Novastar. That would give me enough Decepticons to go with my G2 Onslaught. Maybe I'll try Gundam markers on the bars to make the legs less monochrome.

ganon - Thanks for the pics. I'm digging the two toned head, but not the unpainted chest detail. I may get him, and use Legends Groove to cover that up.

Alleged "poems"
are not poetry
Old 2018-06-07, 12:47 AM   #6074
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Wave 3? Bah. I still haven't seen a Hun-Grrr.

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 10:28 PM   #6075
Clay

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
That implies you've found wave two, though. So you're way ahead of a lot of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
Wave 3? Bah. I still haven't seen a Hun-Grrr.
I should say that I have not seen wave one two of the voyagers at all, and haven't even seen wave one in months. Come to think of it, I haven't seen wave two of the little Pretenders, either.

Last edited by Clay; 2018-06-09 at 07:40 PM.
Old 2018-06-08, 04:05 PM   #6076
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Do most people keep their CW/POTP figures combined all the time? I think I've got more "orphaned" combiner parts than members of complete teams, and generally enjoy the separate figures more than I do the combiners anyway.
For the most part, my Combiner limbs are separate - this includes Prowl, Ironhide, Smokescreen, Jazz, Darkwing, and Dreadwind. The others that are part of Bruticus stay as Bruticus. Mostly because I just like the look of Bruticus. And G2 Menasor stayed together too. Otherwise, they'd be separate for me - Prowl, for one, is one that I like on his own.

Quote:
ganon - Thanks for the pics. I'm digging the two toned head, but not the unpainted chest detail. I may get him, and use Legends Groove to cover that up.
You're welcome. I have a groove too, so there's a pic attached so you can get an idea of how it looks as such.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3486.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	11814  

Old 2018-06-08, 05:48 PM   #6077
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
I keep most of my combiner sets combined to save shelf space. I've got the Terrorcons separated right now, since I'm still fiddling with them alot. Especially Sinnertwin. I also have an extra Wheeljack that I originally bought to fill out Optimus Maximus, but liked enough to keep separate. OpMax was one-armed until PotP Jazz came out.
Quote:
For the most part, my Combiner limbs are separate - this includes Prowl, Ironhide, Smokescreen, Jazz, Darkwing, and Dreadwind. The others that are part of Bruticus stay as Bruticus. Mostly because I just like the look of Bruticus. And G2 Menasor stayed together too. Otherwise, they'd be separate for me - Prowl, for one, is one that I like on his own.
For the most part I don't even have "sets". I collected all the Aerialbots and put together a Bruticus mostly by accident. But I've got 3/5s of Defensor and never really considered collecting the rest, only have one Stunticon, and I'm not going to buy POTP Grimlock and probably won't get Hun-grrr either even though I'll get all their limbs. And of course Dreadwind and eventually Darkwing too, but they don't really belong to a team anyway.

I just think it's a bit weird because I hear a lot of talk about the combined forms, which really don't do much because they're so big, but not so much about the individual figures. Especially for Slag, Swoop, Sludge and Snarl, where I'd really expected most people to jump at the chance to own new toys of the Dinobots and mostly just ignore that they combined.

Quote:
I should say that I have not seen wave one of the voyagers at all, and haven't even seen wave one in months. Come to think of it, I haven't seen wave two of the little Pretenders, either.
Ah, we're in the same boat, then. I've seen Rippersnapper twice and Hun-grrr and Elita once each, but none of the wave two Legends, Pretenders or Leaders, and none of the other Deluxes either. Stock at my local stores is mostly just Dreadwind and first-wave Pretenders at the moment.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 06:05 PM   #6078
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Haven't tried the combination with the Dinos, and don't really plan on. Superion/Defensor are combined. Computron/Predaking are 3P, not really interested in Menasor, and whilst the 3P Seacons look lovely the set's a bit of a rip off. 3P Monstructor should be fun, though.

Abominus... probably going to end up combined, with a second Rippersnapper loose if they show up at retail. Have already got 3P Sinnertwin and Cutthroat analogues from different companies.

Currently being dicked around a bit by TFs-Express with Rippersnapper as I had the EX-Factory Gladiator on order and after a year or two I don't think it's ever going to surface -- so got that as store credit, and the site's now probably the worst cart/contact system implementation I've seen in a long while. Really don't appreciate having to log in to send or pick up messages, and for some reason the preorders section has been set up as a separate cart system on a different subdomain.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 10:13 PM   #6079
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

Thanks again, ganon. That does a look better. It actually looks better than Legends Groove on Defensor. I'll have to pick one up if I see him. Of course, then I'll have to double up on more limbs to finish him. Dammit, ganon, you just cost me a hundred bucks.

A while ago, I found some larger than Deluxe, smaller than Voyager not-Construcicon KOs for $6 each. They don't appear to be based on any actual Constructicon molds, but follow the same layout for 6 vehicles; cement mixer forms left leg, etc. The problem is, they only had 3 of the molds, and the box text is geneic enough that I can't search for the rest on line. Here's GarbagePicker (arm mode), CartilidgeEroder (bot mode), and ICan'tThinkOfALessImpressiveAlternativeToScrapper (vehicle mode).

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KO.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	430.8 KB
ID:	11815  

Alleged "poems"
are not poetry
Old 2018-06-12, 12:33 PM   #6080
Clay

Murray, KY
Lightbulb

They look like orange versions of the TFC Hercules figures.