Your Favorite Cartoons of All Time!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
The Plant
Protoform

Your Favorite Cartoons of All Time!

Post by The Plant »

I got to thinking the other day (and yes, it hurt) about all the old cartoons I used to watch every day. I was just wondering what yours are.
I'm going to limit this to ten shows per person. Must be a cartoon, an animated show suitable for children under 8 (ie NOT Family Guy, Simpsons).

1. Beast Wars
Come on, do I really need to give an explanation?
2. Digimon
Yes, I realize the concept is kiddie, but the show is carried out remarkably well, especially the first season. Plus, everyone wants a pet that can grow 30 ft., blow anything to pieces at a whim, and be completely loyal to you.
3. Spiderman [the 90's one]
Great show. It had several cameo's of other Marvel characters as well. The storyline really sucked you in. The definitive super hero show IMO. It even threw a couple CGI's in there. :)
4. Ducktales
Blabberin Blatherscythe. For old time's sake this makes the list. Great show. Who doesn't love an old scottish duck.
5. Loony Toons
Classic. Pure gold. ORIGINAL COMEDY. Oldschool, and still better than most out there.
6. Garfield and Friends
It's Grabity, I don't care what you say ******! It's Grabity! I liked it a lot a few years back. Good stuff, but you can only bring that Robodie concept so far. Plus, one can only eat so much lasagna.
7. Pokemon
I know, I know. But it was ok for me because I only liked the first two seasons, till he got to the championship match. At that time I was in the acceptable age group for that sort of thing. So please don't think any less of me. It showed the "hero" get beat as well as win. Not often shown like that in shows.
8. Eek The Cat
Anyone that can spoof Pulp Fiction and get away with it is very, very cool. I really like the incompetant force of delinquint dino's known as the Thunderlizards.
9. Sam and Max: Freelance Police
Out to stop evil, wherever it may go. The unpredictably hilarious antics put this 1 season wonder on the list.
10. Mad Jack the Pirate
Only 1 season as well. The sheer madness of it all makes it such a beautiful thing. Plus, a first mate that's a rat with a speech impediment as your entire crew is hard to beat.

I'm trying to be as sure as I can be about my list, so I'm going to have to think some more about my list. Once I can figure up the rest of my list I will edit my post.
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good...and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

I have to agree with Spiderman, Ducktales, and Eek.

But what about Batman? Not from when WB got their hands on it but when it was on Fox.
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

In no particular order:

South Park
The Maxx
TF G1
X-Men
GI Joe
Aeon Flux
Dexter's Lab
Ren & Stimpy- It's coming back with new episodes, ya know.

Just to name a few. ;)
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I can't name 10, but I really like 'Hey Arnold', particularly all the funky jazz music in the background. My nieces like 'The Wild Thornberries', and if that had been around when I were a kid, I would have loved it too.

From my childhood, I particularly loved Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner, Pepe Le Peu, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck (I despised Disney, it just wasn't funny, and Mickey Mouse isn't cute).

Also right up my street was Peanuts, Garfield (not the lame 'Garfield & Friends' series, the actual one off's made years earlier that gleamed with wit and sarcasm), and early Pink Panther stuff, particularly that Aardvark that spoke like Jackie Mason, he was brilliant.

I used to love Scooby Doo and related Hanna Barbera stuff (Flintstones etc), but they all make me cringe now, same for Heathcliff I'm afraid.

G1TF episodes sucked then, and they suck now, but I'm sucked into the TF mythos myself and so I can't help but watch it in the same way that you watch a road accident.

I would have liked to see 'Calvin & Hobbs' as a cartoon series, but I bet it would have lost a lot in transition, just like Peanuts.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Damn. How could I forget X-Men?
Lady Auros
Protoform

Post by Lady Auros »

Of course I am sure that not everyone will admit to watching this show at all, but what about the smurfs?? now, that was good entertainment as a child, and i dare say still is today. i agree that duck tales is another classic, and i'll have to also add garfield and his barnyard pals. and last but not least - the muppet babies. you can't beat that show!! why don't they make good cartoons like that anymore??
________
LovelyWendie99
Astrotrain255
Protoform

Post by Astrotrain255 »

Ok,I'll cheat and skip all Transformers related series(for obvious reasons)and concentrate on the others...note however that I haven't seen some of them since a decade or so-unfortunately...

1.GIJoe-oh hell I had tons of toys...also,I loved cobra Commander and Destro's discussions eh...
2.Thundercats-an all time favorite...
3.Thor-the old show,with that **** animation,but I loved that anyway(oh will you guys spare me?)
4.He-Man-despite that annoying(and many times nonsensical) ending moral...the villains were great tough
5.Centurions-ohh if I could find one of those...
6.D&D-ok the show was very childish and had that accursed unicorn but don't you remember Tiamat?I worshiped Tiamat...
7.The pink panther!Windcharger reminded me just in time...
8.Dinosaucers,reminded by Blitzwing's post-c'mon guys where can I download one of these...

Like The Plant,I'll leave that open,being so long that perhaps I remember another favorite later....;)
Plasmodium

Screw the restricitons

Post by Plasmodium »

1. Love Hina
2. Ah! My Goddess
3. Evangelion
4. Fushigi Yuugi
5. Beast Wars
6. Sailor Moon
7. Reboot
8. Digi Charat
9. Dragonball Z
10. TMNT
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

G1
Beast Wars
Spider Man (Fox version)
X-men (Fox version)
DBZ
GIJoe
Batman (Fox version)
Gundam Wing
Duck Tales
Dinosaucers
Scout

Post by Scout »

Fun thread topic!
There were so many! But 10 it is in no order really...
1) Battle of the Planets (G-Force)
2) Transformers
3) My Little Pony
4) Smurfs
5) Silverhawks
6) GI Joe
7) Fractured Fairy Tales
8) Spider Friends
9) Rainbow Brite
10) D & D (and I liked uni as well as tiamat. :p)

Then there were so many others....yah... :)
*wonders when Jim will show*

Scout
Astrotrain255
Protoform

Post by Astrotrain255 »

Ok I edited so many times my last post,that I'll continue here...
Oh yes Scout reminded me in time:Silverhawks!That was great indeed...I'm afraid I'll never see one of these again:(
And I'll confess...I used to like Smurfs back then-my little sister loved that and I,well got used to that in time...
Er... I'll have to finish that pretty fast...if she sees i'm talking about Smurfs she will invade this place just to mock me:D
hmmm Spider friends...is that the one with Iceman?
Scout

Post by Scout »

Originally posted by Astrotrain255

Yes, indeed!
Ran along with the incredible Hulk for a while. Spiderman, Iceman and Firestar! Great show. And Silverhawks can still be found in my video collection and at the flea market.... ;)

Scout
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

Transformers
Battle of the Planets
Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
MASK
Dungeons and Dragons
Johnny Bravo
Thundercats
Ulysses31
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Transformers
TMNT
Voltron
Spider-Man
X-Men
Muppet Babies(just always watched it, and really who didnt love Gonzo)
GI Joe
Spongebob Squarepants
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Transformers G1
Beast Wars
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (apparently, Ninja was too violent a term over here)
MASK
Thundercats
Looney Toons
Tom & Jerry (absolute hillarity)
Phantom 2040 (sue me!)
Yogi Bear (I've got a friend that you all know, Yogi! Yogi! - best drinking song ever)
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Originally posted by Astrotrain255
Actually, its Spiderman and his Amazing Friends.

Oh, and who can forget the Ironman and the Incredible Hulk cartoons from the 90s?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Transformers. (All Forms. Yes, even Beast Machines.)
X-Men (Original & Evolution)
Sailor Moon
Gundam Wing
Simpsons
Futurama