New IDW trade paperback listings on Amazon, inc. Dreamwave MTMTE reprints

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

New IDW trade paperback listings on Amazon, inc. Dreamwave MTMTE reprints

Post by Denyer »

See this page for links: http://tfarchive.com/comics/idw/roadmap.php

I'll add the relevant comics guide pages to the site tomorrow, hopefully... for now, here's what's upcoming past the current available Diamond solicitations (which are up to May right now, though June's should be along shortly...)

Already known:
Classic Transformers V2 TPB (July)
Animation Models V2 TPB (July)
TF: Animated digest V4 (July)

New listings:
DW MTMTE V1 TPB (September)
TF: Spotlight V3 TPB (September)
TF: Animated digest V5 (September)
Best of UK: Space Pirates TPB (October)
The Art of Transformers TPB (October)
Movie Sequel: Reign of Starscream TPB (November)
TF: Animated digest V6 (November)
DW MTMTE V2 TPB (December)

edit: missed out the Armada V1 TPB... that's down for October...

Remember that Amazon dates are more than usually subject-to-change.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Incidentally, that helps confirm Spotlight: Wheelie (mentioned in the amazon solicitation for TFS V.3). Not that I had any doubts, since we already kinda-of-sort-of knew, even if Ryall's blog was somewhat ambiguous about it.

I suppose it's great that MTMTE is being reprinted. The entries are far from brilliant (and a bit Dreamwave-esque), but they are a lot fun and occasionally enjoyable. Certainly a notch up from the quality of the BW Sourcebook (which while fun, had its share of shortcomings).
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

zigzagger wrote:I suppose it's great that MTMTE is being reprinted.
Not if it results in somebody proclaiming that they're now officially part of IDW continuity...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Halfshell wrote:Not if it results in somebody proclaiming that they're now officially part of IDW continuity...
Aww, but you're so good at debating with the stubborn ones.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'd still rather have the Marvel ones. Or perhaps even some IDW specific ones (doesn't have to be a whole book, the odd one at the back of an issue like the old days...). Or even the DW ones redrawn so that half the characters aren't doing mid air dances...

Any word on what The Art of Transformers is? Pre IDW comics? Cartoon? Box art? A Movie Art book (the one I'd bet on/hope for, a nice big tabletop book of the design art seen on the DVD would be nice).
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

TBH, if they sort out the ordering they might have a sale here. DW's MTMTE is only useful as scans where you can sort that out...

The profiles, despite being shoddy, I don't mind so much - aside from the "From the Datatracks of some tosser" and "No significant weaknesses" tat, they're respectable thumbnails, and having something approaching consistent robot-mode art for the whole line (toy box art is generally shit) is nice... #8 was the big problem - let's hope IDW excise it. Is this a straight-up reprint, or are they likely to modify?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Likely to be a reprint, but I don't know whether the DW versions of the trades were already reorganised from the way material was presented in the issues.
inflatable dalek wrote:Any word on what The Art of Transformers is?
Paperback of the hardcover that was released last year, and its full title is The Art of IDW's Transformers. Some photos of the HC on the IDW forums IIRC.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Denyer wrote:Likely to be a reprint, but I don't know whether the DW versions of the trades were already reorganised from the way material was presented in the issues.
You won't use your connections to make what I want happen? And after I painted those cool stripes on your car...