New Movie Deluxes: Stealth Bumblebee and Salvage

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Red Dropkick Autobot repaint depicted in Previews

Post by Nevermore »

Crappiest photo of a magazine page EVER!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost. ... ostcount=1

My guess would be that this is the ominous Deluxe named "Salvage" which is listed here, and which we have seen no photos of yet.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Railguard

Post by Railguard »

Oh come on enough with repaints already.....can't Hasbro come up with new toys instead of repainting old molds 2-5 times in a series? I guess its not that bad cause in the original series they repainted jets and cars a dozen times each....I guess I just anwsered myself....gerrrrr. I guess I'm just talking to myself. :rant:
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Once again: Making new toys costs money. A LOT of money. Doing repaints helps Hasbro recoup the money spent on the R&D.

If you don't like them, just don't buy them. That's how I do it, y'know.
Railguard

Post by Railguard »

I know I know, I don't buy them and I know it costs money to create new toys all I'm saying is that if this was a Walgreens world Hasbro would be able to put out new toys instead of repaints.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Better pic.

http://tformers.com/transformers-first- ... /news.html

Although SOMEONE PLEASE TELL TFORMERS THAT WE HAVE ALREADY SEEN STOCKADE, AND HE SURE IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SCULPT AND COLOR.
Luckydan
Protoform

Post by Luckydan »

Transformers ain't the only series that does the repaints, there are many series that are currently at in the past that does this.

Robotech, Gundam and all those robot series along those lines :).
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

I think that it's more that this line really seems to be scraping the barrel right now. I'm just thinking, though, that it would make MORE sense to release a wave with the movie characters (with maybe a different eye color if they HAVE to) largely as they were before. There were a LOT of parents trying in vein to find Bumblebee, Jazz, etc, for Christmas, after all.
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

Looks awesome if you ask me. I really like this mold, by the way, and the new colors make it look even better. I wonder if this is "Salvage"?
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Personally, I think the red makes that mold look like an Olde Tyme pick-up toy. Might just be the picture though. Absolutely a great mold, but I think the original color scheme breaks it up nicely.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

The "who can take a scan at a larger resolution and slap his watermark onto it" game continues.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=161384

Apparently the deco for Salvage is an homage to Fred Sanford's truck from "Sanford and Son".

http://www.holley.com/data/VirtualShow/ ... H5M56S.jpg
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Wait, it's a homage to the American remake of Steptoe and Son? Will the UK version come with a soundchip saying "You dirhhhty old man"? Is Sanford and son as bad as all those American versions of Fawlty Towers? The fact they replaced the horse with a red truck makes me think it might be...
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

The funny part is I'm partly in the works for making a reverse-toned Bumblebee, as I was under the impression the Stealth 'Bee was going to be a botcon website exclusive? Or something? Now I'm lost.

The Dropkick repaint doesn't interest me, though.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Pun-3X
The funny part is I'm partly in the works for making a reverse-toned Bumblebee, as I was under the impression the Stealth 'Bee was going to be a botcon website exclusive? Or something? Now I'm lost.

Movie toys are off-limits in terms of exclusives for the Collectors' Club (including BotCon exclusives) due to multiple additional lincensors being involved (Dreamworks, car companies etc.).

Stealth Battle Bumblebee was simply revealed first in the Collectors' Club magazine. As in, exclusive NEWS for Club members. Like the Club newsletter previously contained the first color photo of Alternators Mirage, etc. Also, we first learned the name of SB Bumblebee from a UK retailer's website, so he's certainly not an exclusive.
secretcode

Official Images of Stealth Bumblebee and Salvage at BBTS

Post by secretcode »

Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I'm quite interested in Salvage, Stealth BB and Stockade.

Kinda lame that Stockade looks to be a single per case, means there won't be many in stores.
Come on and wind me up.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

These are interesting and all, but i wish Hasbro would talk to the people who make the Chogokin (the new gestalt versions of comic book medium and television) toys and redo a lot of generation 1 figures, such as the gestalt teams. Repaints with minor head modifications aside, just get so boring after awhile. Just my honest opinion.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Springer007
These are interesting and all, but i wish Hasbro would talk to the people who make the Chogokin (the new gestalt versions of comic book medium and television) toys

Yes, because Bandai need to co-operate with Hasbro, it really would be in their best interests.

Ha.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

True, like it would ever happen, but it would be nice if they saw Bandai's stuff nowadays (not the crappy power rangers bricks), and try to be a bit more creative than just repaint after repaint. I do understand that repaints help to get more money so other original molds are created, it's a shame there really isn't any other way than just stopping the line and starting with a brand new series though.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

But the movie line is winding down... this is stop-gap stuff until Classics 2/Animated hits the shelves. It'd be a daft time to throw out a whole new load of (by your specifications, very expensive) new moulds - few retailers would order a lot of stock with brand new ranges due to hit, so even if they did make that many new moulds (which would presumably involve a new assortment, unlike Stockade and that helicopter thing that can just slot in alongside the reworked film characters), they'd hit the shelves in very small numbers and be difficult to find...

The 'problem' is that we get such massive advanced warning of new figs they're old news by the time they hit retail, and it feels like they're coming out at a snail's pace.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
But the movie line is winding down... this is stop-gap stuff until Classics 2/Animated hits the shelves. It'd be a daft time to throw out a whole new load of (by your specifications, very expensive) new moulds - few retailers would order a lot of stock with brand new ranges due to hit, so even if they did make that many new moulds (which would presumably involve a new assortment, unlike Stockade and that helicopter thing that can just slot in alongside the reworked film characters), they'd hit the shelves in very small numbers and be difficult to find...

The 'problem' is that we get such massive advanced warning of new figs they're old news by the time they hit retail, and it feels like they're coming out at a snail's pace.

True, pricey indeed, but I am just still enthralled how this toy in particular looks.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... cture=aux1

Price aside, would make for huge interest if the gestalts, if Hasbro makes anymore, would look that good: G1 blockiness but proportionate at the same time, and with what appears to be a lot of articulation and lastly thought being put into the mechanics (it even appears to be so simple that a 5 year old can work it effortlessly without being frustrated). With all the elements working together in perfect harmony (or as close to perfect).