[Original RPG] Transformers Animated RPG..who is interested?

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?

Would you play in a TFA RPG game?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 31

Ackula

Transformers Animated RPG..who is interested?

Post by Ackula »

Ok, so after talking with Warcry about this idea I have, the consensus is to see how many would actually play. So give me a few minutes to pitch this idea to you RPGers and please vote a solid yes or no. ;)

I envision an Animated RPG where archivers can play as either a Transformer or a human character. Given the large amount of characters both in the Animated show, and now in the IDW comics as well, there should be plenty of choices for characters to play as.

As anyone who follows the Animated show knows, the human characters can be every bit as powerful as the bots can. We could easily have a large game going with both bots and heros/villains from the TFA continuity. I think there would be a great deal of story arcs that a good group of people could role play through with just the aspect of the bots and humans interacting and helping or hindering each other.

Of course if enough people got interested and we got a good game going we could always bring other characters into the TFA continuity and "animate" them so to speak. Plus with the new season coming up, and more comics on the horizon (last I heard) there will plenty of potential for more characters to role play.

I'm hoping I'm not the only one that finds the Animated continuity to have more character and solid story than anything since Beast Wars. So lets hear from all you guys and see if we can get enough people interested to make this happen. :clap:
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

YES! More RPG is fun. I would looove to play the likes of Blitzwing, Bumblebee or Prowl. :)

Dibs on Blitzwing and Waspinator, BTW
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Well, this is very underwhelming so far.... At least there are 2 of us :lol:
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

I have two reasons for being leery about the idea:

- I haven't been following the series in the slightest. Not a very good reason, admittedly, but it also doesn't give me a reason to vote yea.
- As sad as it is, all of our side RPGs tend to have a lot of energy for about two months and then rapidly burn out. I'll put full support behind it if there's substantial interest, but there was also a time when people expressed substantial interest in a BW game...

So like Warcry said, if the interest is there, we'll make it happen. I'm open to being proven wrong.
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

My knowledge of Animated begins and ends at owning and rather liking the Jazz toy (dibs, BTW ;) ) so like Flec I'm not the best-qualified to comment on this. I'd be interested in playing, though.

Like Flec says, though, our side-games haven't had a very healthy life expectancy in the past - Beast Wars lasted under a year, the Movie game lasted about six months and we never even got the Armadaverse game we were planning off the ground because of lack of interest. If we're going to do this, I'd like to hear some ideas on how to keep it from suffering the fate of its' predecessors. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
W-olf4
Protoform

Post by W-olf4 »

The more role playing the better in my opinion heck Im just trying to get started lol. If we can call dibs I take Ironhide or Grimlock hehe .

But Seriously more role playing means more fun and more interactivity Im all for it.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

There can be only one!

But seriously. I think that it's just too hard two keep up with multiple RPGs for a lot of people. It's already hard for some people to keep up with one, myself included. It'll just be too hard for a lot of people to go at both.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Roethlisberger7
Protoform

Post by Roethlisberger7 »

I am not too familiar with the series but I would be able to take on a character or two.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Been wanting to get into the RP, but I do so hate starting in the middle of things. This seems like a good opportunity. I'll comment to three characters at present, one of whom will be a human. :up:

EDIT: Since others are already queuing up their characters, I'll go ahead an call Oil Slick and Arcee for my Transformers. If we're allowed, I'd like to make my own human character; otherwise, I call Meltdown/Prometheus Black .
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

After losing interest in the G1 RPG, I've been wanting to come back and help in some form, so I'm in.

Also, dibs.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

No - not yet.

Got a lot on in the G1 RPG and, honestly, I don't think I've seen enough of the Animated yet to get a complete handle on all the 'bots. Okay, so I could do BA, I suppose... she's interesting in how she deals with the mechs in an interesting way...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Unfall

Post by Unfall »

I'd be willing to try it out, so long as Sari isn't included.

Dibs on Soundwave and Blackout btw
avatar made by maximus prime from tfworld2005 http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... hread.html
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

More interest...maybe this can happen? And dibs on Starscream and Swindle...since everyone else is calling dibs :p
Transformer Kamen

Ackula wrote:More interest...maybe this can happen?
Is there anything else those of us who are interested can be doing to get this started?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Transformer Kamen wrote:Is there anything else those of us who are interested can be doing to get this started?
There is one thing: find more people who are interested, drag their butts here and make 'em speak up.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Yeah it is mostly going to be up to Warcry, Reflector, and the rest of the RPG staff. Not up to me, if it was I'd say go for it. I think it would work out better if we organized it to begin after Season 3 finishes up anyway, as it would make for a much more logical starting point, seeing how it is the last season.

I think we could get enough people in here to play, and I'd be more than willing to help run the game and make myself available as a resource to the RPG staff. I think we may need to take this topic to "General Discussion" to get a better response though in actuality.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ackula wrote:I think it would work out better if we organized it to begin after Season 3 finishes up anyway, as it would make for a much more logical starting point, seeing how it is the last season.
Yep, methinks so as well. Wait until season 3 wraps up... then the sequel begins. Still, can't wait to play as more crazy Decepticons...
Transformer Kamen

So...who's still interested?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Me. I'm very interested... Want to play wazzzzzzzzzzzp!
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I would be interested for sure. I think it would be neat to pick up where the series left off!?!
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.