Image Image Image

Pretenders origins:

Image Image Image

"Looking Into The Abyss"

Image Image
Lonewyrm
Protoform

Post by Lonewyrm »

Really enjoy these, Guessing "The Experiment" episode comes after "Eyes"?
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Yes, and chapter three will be "Nightmare Project". This title should vaguely suggest what Tf lore I have in mind to exploit...
Or did I mess with the links?
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I really enjoyed the 'Nature of the Beast' series. I missed the issue or two of 'Maximum Dinobots' in which they featured, and there's something about the trio that draws interest. God knows what, but there's definitely that certain... I don't know what [/Dr. Evil].

You need something bigger than a mosaic. A monsterbot four-parter, or at least an issue, like those other Mosaic guys who did the Jazz spotlight. Is such a thing a possibility in light of that?

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

I know the feeling, I was interested in doing a story with these three guys because... don't know, but they had something.
Then Furman gave them his brilliant treatment and I was content... well, until I learned that IDW had changed the main writers. Now there's little chance he may do something more about the Monsterbots.

And thanks, that's flattering. I wish I could, but IDW has plenty of writers and dropped the Spotlight format as well...no chances for a foreign writer with an awkward italian accent and writing style :D
But in the fandom, everything can happen: so, I'm working on a 22-pages story featuring IDW Omega Supreme (I meant the one seen in "Spotlight Optimus Prime", not that gigantic dumb thing that came later and was only able to remark his own name). Lineart is ready and 8 pages have already been coloured... you can see more about this in the "Seeds Of Deception" thread.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

OOH! Repugnus! I love him!

Very good work and art.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

"History Repeats"

Post by MeGrimlock »

This one is a tie in, set in the same universe.
It's a heavy continuity operation, as you can see, but it is more suggested than explained.

We're planning to do more Pretenders' secret origin, using new concepts/reasons for their shells.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

It seems that the hints are just too convoluted, so here are the details.

Continuity: G1 cartoon (Sunbow). It's an attempt to lay the basis for some events of "The Rebirth".

Basically, we're writing a possible sequel to G1 US cartoon, considering the japanese shows a sort of alternate universe (but the Mosaic is a double tribute to Beast Wars and Masterforce as well).

Panel 1: the planet has a ring, just like in the Marvel Comics. This new "Pretender Wars" will damage it beyond recognition, turning it into that tangled web of purple clouds that you can see around Nebulos in "The Rebirth".

There's a mention of time travel. The six Transformers that reached Nebulos' distant past came from the year 2008 or 2009, I'd say.

Panel 2. The planet is rich of Energon! Who seeded it? Where did it go?
In another plot, we will learn that the Quintessons used Nebulos as a prison as well, so maybe they are the ones who seeded the Energon.

Panel 3. The city is the first Hive's city, but it is also a lost Cybertronian ship. This is why Spike and Cerebros, in "The Rebirth", could so easily turn it into Fortress Maximus' body (hence the city's look: the Hive will change it, trying to adapt the structures to their own needs).

There's a mention of another Cybertronian ship...it's the second Hive's city, the one that will become Scorponok's body.

Panel 4. The new ships, with time traveling capabilities, crashed but survived... maybe they're still around in the present-day Nebulos.

Panel 5. So, on Nebulos was fought a "Pretender Wars", I wonder how it ended. However, what we have here is a new origin for these weird toys.

There are six other toys that do not appear here: with another artist, we're at work to give them a completely different origin as well.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

The Outrageous Disguise Trilogy

Post by MeGrimlock »

Miniseries The Outrageous Disguise Trilogy, a four toylines crossover like nothing before (I think).

1. Rock 'n' Shock
2. Gimme a Gimmick
3. She's Got The Power

Image Image Image
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

We finally got online the last part of What Lies Beyond The Veil.

MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Starscream, more Pretenders, Mindwipe+Vorath and Hot Rod complete the "Unicron Trilogy" :D

Image Image Image

And with these three pieces, my attempt at continuing the G1 cartoon saga comes to a temporary end.