Minicons- retiring soon?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
KillTheKids
Protoform

Minicons- retiring soon?

Post by KillTheKids »

I'm suddenly cuahgt up in an urge to 'collect 'em all'. So do you think they'll be disappearing for good, or ending up in the discount bins?
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

I'll give them at least a year before they repaint them for re-release....

But I mean hey - I'm always happy to have another 3-4 different star sabres sitting around :D
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Originally posted by deej
I'll give them at least a year before they repaint them for re-release....

Well, Energon will have repaints of some of them....

http://www.fantofan.com/news/mag/hyperhobby/hh2-2.jpg
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

I don't think they'll be too hard to find, except the first mincon teams. There was still a lot of them when I went to the store last, and even if they do become hard to find I'm sure hasbro will release repaints
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Originally posted by Shrapnel Clone
Well, Energon will have repaints of some of them....

http://www.fantofan.com/news/mag/hyperhobby/hh2-2.jpg

oooh...the sparkplug mold in a 3-pack....funky...that's one of my fav. minicon molds..and it's got the gold chrome one! :D
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

Sparkplug is probably my favorite minicon. Lots of articulation, cool alt mode, fun transformation...He doesn't need a gimmick. Of course, I'm probably biased because he was my first minicon (could be considered my first transformer...I took him out of the package before Prime.)
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Those aren't Energon guys, those are the next Micron booster set to be released in Japan...
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Originally posted by Wildfire Herald
Those aren't Energon guys, those are the next Micron booster set to be released in Japan...

Some of them are, actually. The Jets in that picture are a redeco of the Energon Sabre
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Hey speaking of sparkplug, does anyone elses always fall apart? Every time I pick him up he falls apart
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Originally posted by Unicron
Some of them are, actually. The Jets in that picture are a redeco of the Energon Sabre

Indeed. Unless they're planning on releasing current molds in old lines, those are Energon....
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Too bad they've basically phased them out for the most part. Of the molds I have from Energon, Rapid Run has them (Sideways repaint, so no surprize there), Hot Shot only has them on his gun, and Inferno has a few. Omni/terrorcons have powerlinx points like those of the minicons on their weapons. So far, I've only seen pictures of two minicon teams.
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

I'll be damned.. I just looked at them quick, didn't notice the extra fins. Oh well so I'm wrong, you all happy now?
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

To be fair Mini-cons were a bit brittle, my Terradrive one broke a trident thing when it fell off the shelf. When Jetfire holding the Requiem blaster fell off, the blaster was damaged. Also the blue Street speed mini-cons leg has been damaged for some time.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Originally posted by Wildfire Herald
I'll be damned.. I just looked at them quick, didn't notice the extra fins. Oh well so I'm wrong, you all happy now?

No need to react like that. I'm seriously wondering if they are going to do a backwards release or not. Is Japan already into Energon (or whatever they call it), or are they going to be late again, as usual?
-Cliffjumper
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

I think I read somewhere (here?) That Superlink (Japanese Energon) has started releasing already.
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

Somehow I think that Australia's gonna be late enough with getting into the Energon TV series, at least. We'll probably just have enough time for AR to end before EN starts on common TV (6 months after pay TV, of course ;))
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

I believe Energon is planned for August here in Europe...
-Cliffjumper
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
To be fair Mini-cons were a bit brittle, my Terradrive one broke a trident thing when it fell off the shelf. When Jetfire holding the Requiem blaster fell off, the blaster was damaged. Also the blue Street speed mini-cons leg has been damaged for some time.

The millitary team seem incredibly so, but since they have nice joints, they snap back together easily.

And my Sparkplug used to fall apart a lot too. You have to make sure that the feet are snapped firmly into place.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"