Ex-RID 49.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

Ex-RID 49.

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well, after I've pretty much done nothing but complain about this storyline, finally it kicks into gear with the conclusion.

It actually felt like a different comic from the last few months, every scene advanced the plot, with everything clicking together well and still with enough room for nice character beats, humour and even some pathos.

I especially liked the confirmation Soundwave has been entirely genuine all along, it's hard not to feel sorry for him at the end there (it's just a shame Galvatron has been written so broadly--even if it has been huge fun--as it makes Soundwave seem a bit dense for not realising this would happen).

Sideswipe got a great death as well (and after recent Cyclonus related shenanigans in MTMTE--not to mention Tracks "Getting better" here--it was nice it went out of its way to make it a permanent nasty death), loved the "I'm sure he's fine" gag and pretty much everything Wheeljack said and thank **** for Blackrock stopping monologuing.

No Spike either. Phew.

Not entirely sure of Prime's plan at the end there, but that's something for the next issue to solve.

This hasn't been enough to save the arc which has been ridiculously overstretched (there's what, two issues where basically nothing happens?) in trying to make sure the next storyline started with 50, but by itself this is exactly what the book should be doing.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

What, no comment on a thing that can't possibly be a coincidence? Brawl finally got his revenge for being impaled in Spotlight: Arcee
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

I've been deliberately not keeping up with this, so last night on a whim I bulk bought 43-49. It's not that bad either, but we're recycling the Decepticons vs Autobots on Earth for, what, the fourth time this continuity? Fifth? Send Soundwave, Buzzsaw & Lazerbeak to the Lost Light I say