Is it just me... (christian-reconstructionism)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

Do you find these christian-reconstructionists unsettling?

Yes; I am disturbed and/or scared...
93%
No; they're okay by me...
7%
ah, they're just misunderstood...
No votes

Total votes: 14

The Green Knight

Is it just me... (christian-reconstructionism)

Post by The Green Knight »

Whoa... my latest find on info about christian-reconstructionists...

http://www.church-state.org/alts.htm

Is it just me, or does anybody else find this attitude of theirs to be a bit disturbing/scary? Maybe a bit insane?
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Did you see the Shadow Government selection of quotes?

"All homosexual establishments (including bars, bath houses, massage parlors, houses of prostitution, and publication houses) are ordered closed and padlocked by the local police or sheriff's department.

"Anyone performing homosexual behavior, from this day forward, upon conviction, will be executed.....

"Every TV and radio station must broadcast all executions occurring within their reception area. No audio or video censorship of any execution is permitted. Coverage must be live for those stations with a live-remote capability. Others must simulcast the live feed from a media pool or run taped coverage. Stations failing to comply will lose their FCC license to broadcast over the public airways.

"If capital punishment occurs within the states in which a TV or radio network operates, that network must provide live coverage of at least one execution on that day. Affiliates may choose whether or not to broadcast this network coverage. All stations must, however, air executions that occur within their own state unless pre-empting them with local execution coverage within their broadcast area." - Bob Enyart, Day Two (part two of The First Five Days: How Would Christians Govern America?)

That was just some of it...
The Green Knight

Originally posted by Strafe
Did you see the Shadow Government selection of quotes?

Yeah. Pretty bad, huh? Here's another website, The National Reform Association: http://www.natreformassn.org/

This ought to chill your blood quite well:

http://www.natreformassn.org/statesman/02/blasphem.html

Amongst other things, the author calls the WTC memorial held in DC to be "an abomination"... because it had religions besides Christianity involved, of course.

I've picked up the following vibe from these people: "Remember; God is Love... unless you don't adhere to Christian Reconstructionism, in which case he wants us to kill you so he can send your heathen ass to Hell pronto!"

Call this stuff whatever you want; I think it's an excuse for bigots to justify their hate and actions towards those who do not share their views...

I've seen a lot of these proponents talking about "restoring the USA to it's Christian roots", which makes no sense since the US was originally about Freedom Of Religion, not forcing a theocracy upon the public, with death for all non-conformists...
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Every quote from that page bases its beliefs on the teachings of either the 10 Commandments or Deuteronomy. What they don't take into consideration is that these laws were made for the Isrealites about 4 or 5 thousand years ago.

I think its absured to think that these laws can apply to today's society. They don't take into account any teachings of the New Testiment. No teachings of the Apostle Paul, or even those of Jesus Christ.

These people aren't Christians, they're pre-exile Jews. Meaning they believe in the laws and God of a country that was disbanded over three thousand years ago.

I can't even say that their intentions are good. They seem to want to use God and the Bible as an excuse to exterminate everything that they believe is 'immoral'.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
Every quote from that page bases its beliefs on the teachings of either the 10 Commandments or Deuteronomy. What they don't take into consideration is that these laws were made for the Isrealites about 4 or 5 thousand years ago.

Not possible! The flood would have wiped them out!
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

The surface is just being scratched. These people are beyond nuts...they're entire purpose is to undo the laws of the US and set up a Christian Theocratic state here in the US, under the Old Testiment Law. Funny...didn't Jesus teach something very different from that...something about peace and love, oh...what was that...hmmm...yeah, Jesus was all about peace and love...

Oh and Pat Robertson? His institute offers courses which use Rushdoony & North's teachings and writings...they have their voice into the main stream.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I would fight to the death to prevent them from gaining power...
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

If they want to live like Old Testament Jews buy an island in the Pacific and live there and shut the Hell up and leave the rest of us alone!
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Sheba
Protoform

Post by Sheba »

I think their reasoning is flawed in much of this. Especially that bit about Arminianism. Yeah they shouldn't be running the show.

They have good intentions. But we all know where that the road paved with those goes, no matter if the person is 'liberal' or something else.

A theocracy is not a viable form of government anymore. It was only viable while God was speaking directly to somebody (like Moses, the Prophets, etc). And I don't agree with their reasoning on executions either, because this is the Gospel age, not the Old Testament. The executions back then were for preserving Israel as God's people and also for punishment. But since the punishment has now been taken by Christ on the cross, it's not necessary except in case of cold blooded murder.

So earth to snake, I am NOT a "christian reconstructionist". The fact that I'm not Calvinist is but one reason I don't qualify.
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Starscreamer
Protoform

Post by Starscreamer »

good intentions? GOOD INTENTIONS!? say what!? they want to EXECUTE ME Sheba! PLEASE! Hey if they take over you and I can switch countries what am I saying? They ARE in charge now
The Green Knight

Originally posted by Sheba
I think their reasoning is flawed in much of this. Especially that bit about Arminianism. Yeah they shouldn't be running the show.

They have good intentions. But we all know where that the road paved with those goes, no matter if the person is 'liberal' or something else.

A theocracy is not a viable form of government anymore. It was only viable while God was speaking directly to somebody (like Moses, the Prophets, etc). And I don't agree with their reasoning on executions either, because this is the Gospel age, not the Old Testament. The executions back then were for preserving Israel as God's people and also for punishment. But since the punishment has now been taken by Christ on the cross, it's not necessary except in case of cold blooded murder.

So earth to snake, I am NOT a "christian reconstructionist". The fact that I'm not Calvinist is but one reason I don't qualify.

*runs thread through an electron microscope...

And...

*checks the results

"no evidence that Snake ever said Sheba was a christian reconstructionist present in this thread"

Hmm...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Sheba
They have good intentions.
Yes, in the same sense that some days I'd cheerfully exterminate our entire species given the slightest hope of pulling it off...
Starscreamer
Protoform

Post by Starscreamer »

Viva la France!
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
Yes, in the same sense that some days I'd cheerfully exterminate our entire species given the slightest hope of pulling it off...

At least you would be killing people indiscriminate....

Ah well, can't blame people for being born retarded, can ya? Or Bob Enyart's parents dropped him too often when he was still a baby...
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

I can fix this lil problem w/these quack christians real quick. They have offened the one true God and my father GodCron the ultimate mechanical being, i'll jes tell the big GC to smite them an steal all their technology an make them live like cavemen that'll learn em ;)

What the hell one psycho religion desirves to be made fun of by a totaly fictious paroday right? :D

On a serious note though they disturb me, but i seriously doubt this skum will get NE further than the bottom of our shoes.

Worse case if they do get outta hand, the way the gov iZ goin we can jes dial the president an tell him that they're taliban in disguise that'll get rid of em for good *L*. Lest us not 4get the old saying "My enemie's enemy is my friend" Now let's all bow our heads in a moment of silence to give thanX to the almighty GodCron who provided us w/this bounty of computer and internet technology. :p
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
If they want to live like Old Testament Jews buy an island in the Pacific and live there and shut the Hell up and leave the rest of us alone!

We tried that once...only replace the word "buy" with "steal" and the "island in the Pacific" part with a "piece of land in the middle east."

Hmm, yes, interesting, I see no mention of the word "sheba" until her own post, then suddenly, after a ludicrous claim and the customary attack on liberals...the name comes up quite a bit...
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame68.html
Sheba
Protoform

Post by Sheba »

Originally posted by Starscreamer
good intentions? GOOD INTENTIONS!? say what!? they want to EXECUTE ME Sheba! PLEASE! Hey if they take over you and I can switch countries what am I saying? They ARE in charge now
Dude relax, I'm definitely not agreeing with their penalty phase! Just because a person has good intentions doesn't mean that the implementation is a good thing. Just look at all the destructive liberal policies that have gone through over the years, those were predicated on "gooooood intentions."

Don't you know? The road to hell is PAVED with "goooooood intentions"? That's what I mean man. They're doing what they think is right, they think it is good. The rest of us don't agree with a lot of that. They've got a few screwball ideas about Predestination; that is why they can think that executions are justified. For those that don't know, the Calvinist doctrine of "Predestination" (which I do NOT agree with) is that not only are some people "predestined" to go to heaven, but there are people who are predestined to go to hell. That is dangerous thinking and that's what gets them into a pile of these screwy ideas, because they believe this predestination is unalterable--it cannot be changed.

Besides, screamer, if they come after you, you can hide at my house. I'll keep those nasty people away from you :D
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Sheba
Protoform

Post by Sheba »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer

You do understand that gooooood intentions aren't always a good thing, right?