I finished uni!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
electro girl

I finished uni!

Post by electro girl »

So I'm like a for reals grown up now? It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot about art so can't complain. I got do so many things, go to places and meet new friends so I'm kinda sad that its all over now.

I'll be moving back to Hull and starting my career as an artist soon but what were you lot up to once you finished? work? Traveling?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I actually started school (seminary) for my masters degree the very next day after graduating with my undergrad degree. Then I started moving to a different house the next day. Then my wife went into labor the next day. Then my first son was born the next day. I was very busy after graduating. :)

Congratulations on graduating!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well here's hoping you manage to get a job in the field you've studied at. out of curiosity, what serious art opportunities are there in Hull? Painting chip shop signs?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Congratulations!

That to me was almost 20 years ago. :( Then I went to Navy for couple years, then worked for several months, then came to US. Got married and then I graduated again! Then had job, kid(s), baptized, etc.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

inflatable dalek wrote:Well here's hoping you manage to get a job in the field you've studied at. out of curiosity, what serious art opportunities are there in Hull? Painting chip shop signs?
What do I look like, a graphic designer? Nah Hull has a great little art scene and we are bidding for 2017 city of culture too. I won't be working there exclusively (I'm applying for stuff from Leeds to Limerick) it'll just be where I'm based for the time being. Also a friend and I are looking to create our own opportunities by bothering the city council and Arts Council England for some money.

Good grief Notabot!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Good job mate, when you said you had university work I didn't get that it was so final! On which one were you, St John's or the University of York? My sister's working on the second one [along the orbital route] and I'll quite probably be working there on the graduation ceremony in July; is that yours?

Hope you land a job soon enough, congrats!
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

electro girl wrote:So I'm like a for reals grown up now? It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot about art ...
No, you are not grown up yet, you just studied art and are a few years older.
How do you exactly plan to make a living for the next 40 years ( aside from marrying rich :) ).
I'll be moving back to Hull and starting my career as an artist soon but what were you lot up to once you finished? work? Traveling?
I started work. But then I am only an engineer and the study itself was no fun, so I guess it serves to immediately start working and not travel.

Someone has to pay Europe...
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Knightdramon wrote: On which one were you, St John's or the University of York?
I'm at St John's. If you pop in before Sunday you can still catch our final exhibition. I might have some details on my website