Decepticon HQ - where was it?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Crazomatic
Protoform

Decepticon HQ - where was it?

Post by Crazomatic »

I have always wondered where in the deep blue sea it was located. Does the comic answer this question?

There was a whole lot of action in the early episodes on the east coast (New York), so, could it possibly be located in the Atlantic Ocean? But then again, why would Megatron want a base on the east coast in New York if he already has a base nearby in the Atlantic Ocean (maybe just a couple of miles offshore)?

I know the Autobots HQ is not discussed in the cartoon, but is located in at the base of Mt. St. Hilary in Oregon in the comic. If that is true and both ships crashed to Earth still relatively close to eachother, maybe it is in the Pacific? That may be a good explaination why Megs would want a base over on the east coast.

Does anybody have any ideas or good guesses?
Silly boys. . . . . . Transformers are for girls!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

It's in the Atlanitc.
Cyberman

Re: Decepticon HQ - where was it?

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Crazomatic
... If that is true and both ships crashed to Earth still relatively close to eachother...

As far as I remember, there haven´t been any "both ships" - only the Autobot ship crashed. The decepticon ship still is in the orbit. It even gets destroyed in the UK comic.
Astrotrain99
Protoform

Post by Astrotrain99 »

I've always assumed it was in the Atlantic.

Astrotrain trips: Come take a cruse of the lovely planet of Char, er... ok, maybe not that lovely.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

It's in the Pacific.

I know this is a silly aqrgument and when I am more awake I will explain why it is such.
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

the original decepticon ship smashes into a hill somewhere (south america it think, have had a few too many beers, can't remember exactly), megs finds it eventually and gets the heart of cybertron out of it (episode 32, microbots). the ship the deceps construct in MTMTE probably lands in the carribean, judging by the seemingly shallow waters, proximity to the USA and the deception's fondeness for cheap rum...
Crazomatic
Protoform

Post by Crazomatic »

I remember one episode where Megatron takes control of all the oil tankers and has them dock at a place in the middle of the Atlantic (anybody else remember this)? The shot is in Autobot HQ where they were trying to locate the tankers and teletran 1 finds them all converging to the middle of the Atlantic (on a map).

Of course the docking location was not Decepticon HQ, but all the oil was pumped down to the base, right? Just under water?
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Well, in the show EVERYBODY and their mother knew where the Decepticon HQ was.

So how come there were no military forces guarding a perimeter around it?

It couldn't have been that far off the cost. Carly simply drives to the beach from the Ark and takes a little motorboat out to the location.

So my guess is, judging from Carly's actions in the Imobilizer, it is located somehwere near the coast of the Pacific ocean.
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

Here's a better question. In 'The Girl WHo Loved Powerglide' we learn Decepticon base has no shields. So why not just nuke it? :p
Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

In the comic continuity, the Decepticon base was in Oregon, it was a citadel situated on a mountain and the US army surrounded it. Then they moved to the Florida Keys in issue 25 and moved to a island, convering it into a space ship. Then after that Scorponok had a base located in a swamp close to New York.

In the cartoon, the Nemesis crashed into the atlantic ocean, but it was used by Megatron the second to destroy the Ark and the offline Autobots, it went on to crash in South America (Beast wars final episode Nemesis). The ship built in More than meets the eye went on to be the Decepticon base of operations. The location is confusing as the Autobots seem to be in california so it could be in the Pacific.
Crazomatic
Protoform

Post by Crazomatic »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Well, in the show EVERYBODY and their mother knew where the Decepticon HQ was.

So how come there were no military forces guarding a perimeter around it?

It couldn't have been that far off the cost. Carly simply drives to the beach from the Ark and takes a little motorboat out to the location.

So my guess is, judging from Carly's actions in the Imobilizer, it is located somehwere near the coast of the Pacific ocean.

Good point! Everyone and there mother did seem to know where it was. Heh heh (except for us!)
[cable]-Iacon
Protoform

Post by [cable]-Iacon »

Originally posted by Blaster_86
It's in the Pacific.

I know this is a silly aqrgument and when I am more awake I will explain why it is such.

So where is it we are all waiting for you answer..?
Divide et Impera..
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

Originally posted by [cable]-Iacon
So where is it we are all waiting for you answer..?

Maybe he forgot.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I seem to remember in the comics that the Decepticons also had a base situated in Eastern Wyoming. How far away is that from Mount St. Hilary in Oregon? I don't have any maps handy.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I think nailing down the location of any of the Transformers bases is problematic when you consider that they seemed to have the ability to travel to any destination in a little bit of time regardless of geographical position.

Wasn't one of the Decepticon bases near Lincoln, Nebraska in the comic?

Edit: Oregon is in the Northwestern region of US while eastern Wyoming would put it nearly the center of the US
Computron

Post by Computron »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
In the cartoon, the Nemesis crashed into the atlantic ocean, but it was used by Megatron the second to destroy the Ark and the offline Autobots, it went on to crash in South America (Beast wars final episode Nemesis). The ship built in More than meets the eye went on to be the Decepticon base of operations. The location is confusing as the Autobots seem to be in california so it could be in the Pacific.

Where at any time is the Nemesis ever stated to have crashed in the Atlantic. The Ocean it is in is not named and judging by how quickly he got to the Ark it is more feasable it was in the Pacific. We can gues sit got to the ark quickly as it didn't have time to power its main weapon up after using it on Tigerhawk and also I doubt Optimal Optimus could fly the length of the USA, engage in heavy battle, sustain damage and then fly all the way back to teh other side. Also the other Maximals whose range was as great were able to transport between the coast and the Ark making it again seem like the Nemesis was possibly in the Pacific
I support a ban on powerposting
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Thanks Hound. I understand the Autobots peace loving hippy nature regarding how they chose to remain partially hidden underneath Mount St. Hilary, but the Decepticons are a different issue.

At the very beginnng they lacked the technology to make earthen fuel compatible with their robotic systems, so had Sparkplug Witwicky abducted and forced to create a conversion process for them. He tricked them and poisoned the fuel, but Shockwave turned up in the nick of time and wiped everyone out to begin the conquest of earth anew. It is not explained from that point on quite how the Decepticons then enabled the conversion process.

I can only guess that with their taking over the ark at this point in history, they were able to plunder many of its secrets and learn the method.

To counter this, I'm sure the Autobots would have had something to the equivalent of 3,5664725Mb encryption processes built-in to the ark, but it would take a logical mind like Shockwave's to work around that somehow.
Still, even with all his brilliance this idea is not explored, he just happens to have some technique that solves the problem.

With this in place, and following their eviction from the Ark, the Decepticons go to the old Mountain side lair to plunder it for resources (featured in UK #59 'Robot Buster'). From that point on they could have gone anywhere they wished and 'sucked planet earth dry', as Megatron was so fond of saying. Yet still they would choose strategic areas over energy rich ones. It suggests their ability to suck was hampered by the very real threat of the Autobots, who suck in the first place.

Maybe this is why so many fans think the Autobots just plain suck and the Deceps don't.

[Edit] But the Autobots don't want to suck the earth dry, which is why they suck at not sucking. Which in turn is why they do suck.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

In the Second episode Ironhide walks over to the water motions to the Decepticons being out there and it's near the Ark which is in Oregon which is on the pacific coast.
sid_v
Protoform

Post by sid_v »

I think the writing of the storyline was a bit strange when it comes to the Decepticons HQ... In one episode (dont remember wich one, and I cant be asked to check all of them again ;) ) megatron says that "this is perfect for our new HQ" and then its in a moutain somewhere (and I dont mean the episode where megatron creates a replica of OP) .. The fun part is that the "new" HQ was only used that episode..

Another related issue... in the "new HQ" the decepticons had all the computers and stuff they had in "sea HQ" so either they moved alot of stuff around or built new computers. Is that possible, hasnt the Decep. some kind of "teletran" comp. too ... can they just build another one?

Well,,, maybe I should have reserched this a little bit before posting but wth ;)
- Fall! FALL!!!
- Ah, I would have waited an eternity for this, its over Prime
- Never!
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

I think a lot of it comes from the fact that the Decepticons are very house proud. They have always proclaimed to be a proud race, and it is in this way that they are.

They find the Autobots disgusting becase they live in a broken down wreck. They hardly ever try to spruce it up and live in a crack in a nasty, damp and and smelly old mountain.

The Decepticons on the other hand are constantly improving their homes, forever building and constructing. When one place gets just right, they abandon ot and move somewhere that is bigger, and usually in a location which is the polar opposite of the previous one.

Their objective in taking over the universe was in keeping with their homely ways. If you can't keep your own house in order, how can you expect to do so with everyone else's?

So while the Autobots roll around in their own filth for the rest of eternity, the Decepticons constantly build, improve, create and improvise with their lot.

The Autobots are filthy student bums. The Decep's build empires. And if you account for their psychopathic tendencies over a universe-wide scale, it barely registers. Rommel and Monty were mad loons, yet one was a great leader of the allies. Pffffff.

I think I can forgive Megs for destroying a few billion lawn turnip, slime hugging filth monger grenola commuinity planets in return for a shiny orderly ever-so-slightly American Psycho type universe.

Prime should get off his moral high horse and shoot Ironhide already.