Energon Ultra Magnus

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Windrazor
Protoform

Energon Ultra Magnus

Post by Windrazor »

I was looking at the Hasbro Transformers website looking at the Transformers and noticed a Energon Ultra Magnus. I don't know if it has been talked about or not.. but it looked to me like it was just a repaint of Armada Overload along with the Space minicon team. Am I right about this? Or am I just seeing things?

http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewprodu ... efault.cfm
King Fargo
Protoform

Re: Energon Ultra Magnus

Post by King Fargo »

Originally posted by Windrazor
Am I right about this?

Yes.
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

This isn't news. It would have been a few months ago. It's not now.

*kicked to Toys/Merchandise*
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Excuse me? what do you mean it's not news? It was news to me!.. and I looked back thru the last 5 pages of news information stuff and didn't see anything about Energon Ultra Magnus which is why I posted it as a question.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Excuse me? what do you mean it's not news? It was news to me!...

Ben Yee has had a review of it over at his site for the past few days, and in that review, it says the release date.
Release Year: December 2003

A question about a toy released two months ago is not considered news. (At least to me. It's my impression that people know of it's existence by now, so it shouldn't be considered news that it is out.)

And it should be said that, like Rapid Run (Sideways) and Treadbolt (Scavenger), he will be released in Wave 1 only.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

2 months old? really? hmm.. funny.. I haven't seen it anywhere.. Is it in stores already? We must not have gotten them yet. I went and looked at Ben's website.. and scrolled down .. and this is what it said..

2/8/04: Energon Ultra Magnus reviewed
The Energon redeco of Overload has been reviewed in the Energon toys section.

So I guess I'm a week off from that news.. but regardless.. its still news to me... It's kind of along the same line of thinking as.. if a tree falls in the woods, and nobody is around.. does it make a sound?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

2 months old? really? hmm.. funny.. I haven't seen it anywhere.. Is it in stores already? We must not have gotten them yet.

Most likely. As for me, I haven't much Energon stuff either. I've only seen Hot Shot, Inferno, E-Tidal Wave, Scorponok, Ironhide and Jetfire. Toy releases vary depending on the region.

(Example: The US got Unicron in June/July, yet Canada didn't get him until the end of the year.)
So I guess I'm a week off from that news.. but regardless.. its still news to me... It's kind of along the same line of thinking as.. if a tree falls in the woods, and nobody is around.. does it make a sound?

True, but just because it's news to one person doesn't mean that it's news to everybody else. In any event, the way your first post was phrased led me to assume you were asking a question about the toy. I'm sorry if that wasn't what you had in mind.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

You're going to have fun finding an E-Magnus in stores now, if you're planning on getting one. They're quite rare, since he only shipped in Wave 1 (and was short-packed, at that). Some places never even got him. Basically, you'd need a huge stroke of luck to find him now.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

It was actually a combination of things.. I just learned about it today, I didn't know if anybody else did, and since I've seen others being harped about posting things that had already been talked about.. I scrolled thru 5 pages to see if it had been talked about, and didn't find anything.. and then that I didn't know the exact place to post it.. and since it was news to me.. I didn't know if it would be news to anybody else either..

The items we have in stores.. from Energon are Unicron, Optimus Prime, Tidal Wave, Scorponok, Ironhide, Jetfire, Inferno, Prowl, Hot Shot, Snow Cat, Rodimus, Starscream, Battle Ravage, Skyblast, Strongarm, Energon Saber 3 Minicon pack, and then for Alternators we've got Smokescreen, and I saw 2 Sideswipes come in.. but I never grabbed one, and then the 20 year anniversary Prime..
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

What is an E-Magnus?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

It was actually a combination of things.. I just learned about it today, I didn't know if anybody else did, and since I've seen others being harped about posting things that had already been talked about.. I scrolled thru 5 pages to see if it had been talked about, and didn't find anything.. and then that I didn't know the exact place to post it.. and since it was news to me.. I didn't know if it would be news to anybody else either..

No problem, man. You didn't know. And if you think of it this way, if it wasn't me, then it would have been someone else. At least I've explained why I did it. :)
The items we have in stores.. from Energon are Unicron, Optimus Prime, Tidal Wave, Scorponok, Ironhide, Jetfire, Inferno, Prowl, Hot Shot, Snow Cat, Rodimus, Starscream, Battle Ravage, Skyblast, Strongarm, Energon Saber 3 Minicon pack, and then for Alternators we've got Smokescreen, and I saw 2 Sideswipes come in.. but I never grabbed one, and then the 20 year anniversary Prime..

Well, I haven't seen Energon Prime, Prowl, Snow Cat, Rodimus, Starscream, Skyblast, or Alternator Sideswipe or 2th Anniversary Prime. I've only seen Battle Ravage, Energon Saber and Strongarm once. But just because I haven't seen them doesn't mean that their existence isn't known to me. I know they're out there, so what I gotta ask is "when are they gonna get to my Zellers?"
What is an E-Magnus?

It's short for "Energon Magnus".
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

So does that mean Energon Magnus was only shipped out in Wave 1, and won't be seen again? Dang.. I never got the chance to even pick up an Overload.. ..

BTW.. what is a zeller?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

So does that mean Energon Magnus was only shipped out in Wave 1, and won't be seen again?

Yes.
BTW.. what is a zeller?

A line of stores.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Damn! I couldn't find him. It figures that one of the good figs wouldn't be released in adequate numbers, but ones like Ironhide pollute the shelves.

EDIT: *looks at ebay*

Fekkin' scalpers! :rant:
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Well.. I'm gonna be out looking for him today.. in my immediate area, I have 2 Targets, 2 Kmarts, 2 Walmarts and 1 Toys R Us.. so.. I'll see if I get lucky.. heh heh
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Grrrrr.. no luck.. no luck at all I tell you.. There wasn't an Armada Overload.. or a Energon Ultra Magnus anywhere!!!!... I found Armada Tidal Waves, Energon Tidal Waves.. Armada Unicrons, Armada Unicrons in Energon boxes, Energon Unicrons, I even saw some new toys out.. there were Rapid Run (Sideways repaint- looked like a bumblebee), Treadbolt (Scavenger repaint), Cruellock (Sick joke for Grimlock maybe?), Signal Flare, and Perceptor which I like cuz of the 4 wheeler in it. I also saw another figure.. I think his name was Landmine.. a pretty big orange plow of some sort. Grr... I sorta wanted Overload too .. so I could make the Prime, Overload, Jetfire train.. heh heh That and if I could get Skywarp.. that'd be cool too.. hmm..
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Meh, I think the Overload mold is vastly overrated. If I wanted a pricey brick, I would've bought G1...
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Well.. that "Brick" is much better looking than the Energon Omega Supreme!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Meh, I think the Overload mold is vastly overrated. If I wanted a pricey brick, I would've bought G1...

But...but he makes the classic transformation sound! How can you not like him?

Seriously, I actually like him. He's fun, even if he doesn't have that much posability. I certainly like him better than any of the new Armada molds at or above his price point. Well, not Unicron, but all the rest of them. But then, I don't like big TFs much, so take that with a grain of salt.

I don't think I'd pay the extra money to get E-Magnus, though. He's got a worse colour scheme and he comes with a bad minicon team.