Favorite Transformers

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
dura
Protoform

Favorite Transformers

Post by dura »

My favorite Transformer is Omega Supreme. I wish he appeared more often in comics, cartoons, and movies.

His G1 toy is my favorite!
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

I'll always be a Galvatron fan - both toy and character.

Absolute favourite toy transformer though is G1 Scorponok. My most fondly remembered christmas present, a rare occasion where the toy absolutely lived up to the hype.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's changed a lot over the years... original stuff that's out is a KO Browning, Repugnus, KO bronze Grimlock, modified PM Prime and Pretender Jazz. But that's because there've been great updates, both official and 3P.

Characters over time, it's probably been the Dinobots.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

As a younger man I'd have probably said Grimlock, but these days I think the original Marvel Nightbeat now trumps him. Everything I love (in terms of genre anyway, it actually took me a very long time afterwards to actually see a Boggie movie!) distilled into one fun robot.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
dura
Protoform

How could David Wise say that?!

Post by dura »

David Wise, who wrote much of Omega Supreme's backstory in the original animated series, has described Omega Supreme as a "stupid character" which was based on a toy that was "completely illogical," and that as such he felt it would be amusing to give the character a complex past.[1]

He makes me feel bad about liking Omega Supreme.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Pfft, I got put off by writers doing / saying dumb stuff about things I like, I'd have given up on Marvel a looong time ago.

On topic, I have a bunch of favourites with Soundwave, Shockwave and Tarantulas being ones I can think on right now.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Powermaster Optimus Prime and Overlord.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I always found Beachcomber huge fun. Well made with a cute transformation and a solid car mode that doesn't fall apart as you play with him (unlike say Gears or Bumblebee if they have even slightly loose limbs).

Funky rubber tyres, neat headlamp detail, shades. And a cool G2 redeco!

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Skyquake87 wrote:Pfft, I got put off by writers doing / saying dumb stuff about things I like, I'd have given up on Marvel a looong time ago.
He's not wrong though.
inflatable dalek

In fairness to Wise, the issues with The Secret of Omega Supreme are more down to the script editor/s, it should never have gotten to final script stage without someone telling him he was writing a dialogue heavy script for a character who didn't do heavy dialogue. Hardly surprising he finds Supreme crap in retrospect.

As I'm currently watching The Big Sleep (shamefully for the first time) I've realised that my increased love for Nightbeat is probably down to finally having seen some Bogart films properly. Dude waa effortlessly inhumanly cool and that rubs off on the guy based on him.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:In fairness to Wise, the issues with The Secret of Omega Supreme are more down to the script editor/s, it should never have gotten to final script stage without someone telling him he was writing a dialogue heavy script for a character who didn't do heavy dialogue. Hardly surprising he finds Supreme crap in retrospect.
I think you're getting cause and effect the wrong way round there. He gave him a ridiculous backstory because he thought the character was stupid. Not the other way round.
As I'm currently watching The Big Sleep (shamefully for the first time) I've realised that my increased love for Nightbeat is probably down to finally having seen some Bogart films properly. Dude waa effortlessly inhumanly cool and that rubs off on the guy based on him.
Bogart-wise, if you've not already done so make sure you check out Treasure of the Sierra Madre and In a Lonely Place.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

Isn't Megatron better than Galvatron?

I was sad when Megatron died in the animated movie.
inflatable dalek

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:I think you're getting cause and effect the wrong way round there. He gave him a ridiculous backstory because he thought the character was stupid. Not the other way round.
That always felt like an after the fact ass pull to me though (if whatever information he was given about this new character didn't even include his distinctive speech patterns it probably wasn't detailed enough to make a massive judgement call), to be unfair to Wise he does talk a lot of bullshit in interviews (my favourite being the claim in that Underbase interview he did that he was more responsible for the creation of the Turtles than the people behind the comics because he gave them different coloured bandannas).

Bogart-wise, if you've not already done so make sure you check out Treasure of the Sierra Madre and In a Lonely Place.
lonely Place is going to be a purchase when the fancy blu ray comes out next week as it looks cool and Captain Picard's Holodeck private dick was originally named after his character in that before someone decided Steele couldn't be used as a surname because of Pierce Brosnan.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

dura wrote:Isn't Megatron better than Galvatron?

I was sad when Megatron died in the animated movie.
Don't worry, common misconception. Galvatron is in fact the superior decepticon
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:lonely Place is going to be a purchase when the fancy blu ray comes out next week as it looks cool and Captain Picard's Holodeck private dick was originally named after his character
Your criteria for buying things is very strange.

But definitely get it though. It's ace.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Hound
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

David Wise never retracted his statement about Omega Supreme, or apologized for doing a great disservice to the character.

Megatron had a sturdier helmet than Galvatron. Unicron gave Galvatron a cheap crown that did not protect his head from the plasma poisoning. Megatron proved he was bad-ass when Bombshell tried to shoot a cerebroshell at Megatron and Megatron caught it in mid-air and crushed it with his bare hand.

Galvatron was even brainwashed by the Big Broadcast of 2006, which by the way was an episode where Omega Supreme shined, David Wise.

David Wise made me feel ashamed of owning an Omega Supreme toy.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

So tell us a bit about yourself. Where you're from, how long you've been a TF fan, how old you are, that sort of stuff.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Not sure if we're talking about toys or characters?

For me it'd have to be Ultra Magnus [G1/IDW versions], Galvatron [Marvel USA G1], Optimus Primal, Rodimus [G1/IDW].

Speaking for characters, obv.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

I don't get why people like Beast Wars. I tried to watch it but I couldn't I was not seeing Megatron, Optimus, Shockwave, Devastator, and all the G1 stars.

I'm heart-broken every time I think about what if Optimus Prime an Megatron did not die in the animated movie. I'm convince the show would have gone on longer.

The animated movie made people fall out of love with Transformers and they stopped watching the show.

Optimus Prime and Megatron were the heart of the success of a Transformers.