BLUE Alt Tracks is for real! (Was: Blue Tracks in this month's Previews?)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

What the...? Blue Tracks in this month's Previews?!?

Post by Nevermore »

http://boards.allspark.com/index.php?ac ... &id=884651

That's odd. I thought the yellow one was definite? :confused:

EDIT:
Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon on page 2
From Seibertron.com:Following yesterday's exciting news of a blue Alternator Tracks being featured in Previews magazine, Seibertron board member Senor Hugo contacted Hasbro to get the lowdown. Here's what he said:

On several websites, there has been images of a Blue Tracks from the Alternators line. The picture is from the July issue of Previews. Will this blue Tracks be the mass produced one instead of the yellow Tracks? Or will this blue Tracks be a variant?

Hasbro's reply was:

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc.

The Alternator Tracks will be yellow.

We appreciate your interest.

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=2916
EDIT 2:
It's real, with pics of a test shot...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

*sits back and awaits inevitable fanboy reaction*
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

My guess: Hasbro listened to feedback and figured it wouldn't sell in the US.

I bet Japan will get both colours, though, just as they'll get the red version of Meister which Mazda were keen on. That way the company licensing the design gets a quality showpiece with die-cast parts from Takara, and Hasbro gets to make good on the deal by producing a toy which it can make a killing on at retail.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Clearer scan, courtesy of 2005 Boards' Crazy Drummer:

http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/v13 ... tracks.jpg
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Piranacon
Protoform

Post by Piranacon »

hope they will release in blue. that would be sweet.
________
EXTREME VAPORIZER
Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Protoform

Post by Grandmaster Shockwaeve »

Originally posted by Bombshell:
*sits back and awaits inevitable fanboy reaction*
I think it looks much better in blue, so I hope we get this one. I like the yellow version too, though, so I won't be angry if we don't get this variant.
Hang on to your ego.
MathewsJ1
Protoform

Post by MathewsJ1 »

If the Japanese one is yellow it will be the superior diecast Binaltech. It sounds like the U.S. Alternators line will most likley get the blue. Although this is more of an homage to G1 Tracks the Binaltechs are the better than the all plastic alternators. Yellow might be more realistic for a new 'Vette too as I belive the '05 is available in yellow but not blue. Hell I gotta both if there is variation though.....
Sades

Post by Sades »

Originally posted by Denyer

I bet Japan will get both colours, though, just as they'll get the red version of Meister which Mazda were keen on. That way the company licensing the design gets a quality showpiece with die-cast parts from Takara, and Hasbro gets to make good on the deal by producing a toy which it can make a killing on at retail.

Wow, that'd be pretty cool. I know I wasn't too fond of the look of the yellow one...

I dunno... I'm still thinking they just got ahold of someone's photoshopped image or something.
Originally posted by MathewsJ1
the Binaltechs are the better than the all plastic alternators.

Better? I like to think of them as 'different' rather than 'better'... different people, different opinions though. Far be it from me to tell people what to think. :p
Yellow might be more realistic for a new 'Vette too as I belive the '05 is available in yellow but not blue.
Main reason it was yellow in the first place, I think?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Although this is more of an homage to G1 Tracks the Binaltechs are the better than the all plastic alternators.

Better as in paint chipping and disproportionate with weight, metal ratio balance?
MathewsJ1
Protoform

Post by MathewsJ1 »

I have no problems with the Binaltechs as far as paint chipping or balance issues. As collectables I find the luster of the painted diecast to be superior to the look of the plastic Alternators toys. If it were 1985 and my TF's were seeing the rough play of the G1 days of yore I might like the Alternators better. As of now gimme diecast. Good topic for an online poll.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Y'know what? I don't really care. Blue, yellow, diecast, plastic... its still Tracks. That is one thing which truly cannot be disputed.

Yet....
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Doesn't matter. Looks more like the original, but I've got the reissue, so a yellow one would have been nice.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Wolfang
That is one thing which truly cannot be disputed.
Remember, the Japanese characters aren't direct analogues of the US/European ones...
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

The blue one looks pretty, but I think I prefer the yellow one. I hope both are done up as Alternators; I don't want to have to shell out the extra money for the BT if Hasbro doesn't make a yellow one.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Denyer

I doubt that very much. Regardless of what fanboys might've whined about, it still would've sold well (they still would've bought it) and I'm sure Chevy wanted it in released in yellow since that is the Corvette's signature color. The colors of the cars that've come out so far have really reflected the car manufacturer's desires rather than HasTak's and I think it's been more a case of the manufacturer dictating what color is to be used (or else HasTak's using the signature colors/designs for the cars used thus far on their own) and then HasTak tooling/naming the character to fit the color and design of the car.

The 2005 Corvette is available in Le Mans Metallic Blue though, so I guess it is possible...though changing the color at this point baffles me.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

red tracks! WANT ROAD RAGE!
Gesani
Protoform

Post by Gesani »

seem like one of the toy stores had a blue tracks on thier webpage a long time ago, before the color was annouced. maybe the picture are from a test group to see which had a better reaction?

Now if the Car Companys are deciding the color.. Why is the RX-8 gonna be white? They dont offer them in white..
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Gesani
Now if the Car Companys are deciding the color.. Why is the RX-8 gonna be white? They dont offer them in white..

Could be a light silver, the shade of red we saw first it doesn't come in either.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I would prefer Tracks in yellow. Smokescreen is already blue, and I appreciate some variation between the designs.

Similarly, I would prefer the white version of Meister, as Lambor is red.
Originally posted by Gesani

Which is why there will be an RX-8 offered in red. At the request of Mazda.

From my understanding, the intended scheme was white (as per the original Meister), but there will be a quantity produced in red as part of the licensing arrangement.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

*Whines like a fanboy*

BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE FLAMES!

*Ducks.*
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.