Animated Optimus Prime in-packaging

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Animated Optimus Prime in-packaging

Post by Denyer »

Via eBay, the Allspark and TFW.

If anyone reading is particularly into toys, bringing in information finds over Christmas would be really helpful, as Nevermore's got other commitments... and as you'll quickly gather, I know very little about toy releases...
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

You know, Prime himself may look like a horrible, misshapen, untrucklike mess, but that packaging is BEAUTIFUL!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

So THIS Optimus is a military-school dropout? Weird!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

The bio on the back would almost suggest that this show is going to be in the same continuity as the Cybertron series if you really think about it. The end of that series left us with Optimus and his crew splitting up to go explore the new Space Bridge network, and the Decepticons would have been long since defeated since Prime killed Galvatron and the Decepticons pretty much disbanded.

Just a thought, and I'm sure either I'm wrong, or someone will tell me how wrong I am ;)
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Originally posted by Sunstreaker2
You know, Prime himself may look like a horrible, misshapen, untrucklike mess, but that packaging is BEAUTIFUL!

I'm with ss2 on this one-and its a bad day when you prefer the box to the figure thats in it
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by martyboy70
I'm with ss2 on this one-and its a bad day when you prefer the box to the figure thats in it

Perhaps it's a throwback to the "G1" line, then?
-Alex???
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Aardvark
Perhaps it's a throwback to the "G1" line, then?

And in those days, the boxes had better articulation and were considerably more sturdy that the figures too. In fact, Ironhide and Ratchet's boxes looked more like the cartoon characters (square, boxy etc, etc.) than the toys inside did...
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

I'm 'bleh' about the packaging.

By my GOD is that toy ugly.

I know, the line isn't for me (obviously)... and, for which, my wallet is thankful.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Sadly, the only TFs I'll be purchasing from this line are Lockdown and Bulkhead, and maybe Ratchethide..(haw haw).
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.