[Original RPG] Detente: To Reign In Hell (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Detente: To Reign In Hell (Polyhex)

Post by Warcry »

Crippled by riots, overrun by criminals and rife by intrigue, the Decepticon capital of Polyhex is falling apart. The reign of Decepticon leader Gigatron has been sabotaged by a reborn Megatron, who seeks to reclaim the throne that was once his. As Megatron's plans come to fruition, the two Decepticon leaders head for a confrontation that can only end with one of them utterly defeated.

Optimus Prime, kidnapped by Megatron in a plot to discredit Gigatron in the eyes of the Autobots, has been freed by a small team of Autobots led by Ironhide. However, their presence in the city can only serve to destabilize the situation even more. Escaping the net of Decepticon security officers deployed on the streets will be difficult; escaping undetected will be impossible.

Meanwhile, continued rioting may spell the end for the various organized crime syndicates that call Polyhex home.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Megatron's HQ

"Anywhere is good," Buzzsaw replied to Frenzy. "We're almost done here, so choose your targets with an eye to causing as much short-term disruption as possible. Beyond that...have fun."

Smokescreen listened idly to the Decepticon's conversation, but his attention was focused on Prime.

"It's good to have you back, sir," he said. "But I suggest we move now and answer whatever questions you have along the way."

Darkmount

"I deployed Ravage, Krok and their unit to the Grease Pits to deal with the largest insurrection," Scorponok told Hatemonger, as they walked into the roof's largest turbolift (which, as it happens, was the only one large enough to accommodate Scorponok). "I have smaller units, mostly flights of seekers and sweeps, observing the rioting near by, and in the Dead End. However, reports say that the situation isn't going well. You and I may have to take to the streets together to restore some semblance of order."

Scorponok's voice betrayed no small amount of eagerness.

The Black Nova

Black Shadow looked up as Whiplash barged into his office, several badly-beaten hired goons following closely behind.

"You know," the criminal overlord said, "between this behaviour and what Cyclonus did to one of my guards the last time he was here, I may have to ban Unicron spawn from this establishment entirely."

"Your humour is wasted on me," Whiplash told him.

"Obviously," was the reply. "What can I do for you, then?"

"The question you need to ask," Whiplash replied, "is exactly the opposite. Because it's what I can do for you that you need to worry about."

"Oh, do tell," Black Shadow said gamely.

"Simple," Whiplash said direly. "I can end this attack on your base. I can disperse the crowd and rescue this fine establishment and all inside her in one fell swoop."

"For what cost, I wonder?"

"Well, that's the hitch," Whiplash told him. "If I do this for you, then as soon as the riots have died down, you're going to pack up your headquarters and get the Pit out of my city."
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

energon refinery

Krok reluctantly ordered Gatoraider to follow Chop Shop. He had also been thinking the same thing but he didn’t want to be cut out of the action. But Chop Shop was right. It didn’t make sense to stumble in and get detected. That wouldn’t be good leadership.
“good thinking…” he replied to Chop Shop.
Suddenly a few blast came their way. Still to far to be real called shots, but the enemy was nearby.
Vindicator can you provide cover fire for Chop Shop and gatoraider? I think they’ll need it” "everyone else take positions"

refinery entrance

Staxx responded ravage"Shoot but not kill? Or wound them a bit? We aren’t autobots if you didn’t notice. And I can’t keep that lunatic bikerboy from not killing unless I blast him first but I’ll do my best to follow your orders.”
Bulletbike continued shooting from the entrance gate to the road ahead without having any real target. “Rise and reverbrate! Scream the body electric!” he shouted.
“Did you hear Ravage?” Staxx shouted back at bulletbike “Not kill, only maim and wound and the likes...”

If Bulletbike heard he didn’t show.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

The Black Nova

Rollover gave a deep, rumbling laugh. His mechs were opening the door and there were no booby-traps to prevent them then swinging inside with weapons deployed belligerently. Hah! Black Shadow had flung all his defense to the front of the building, more fool him.

However, hanging a little way down the street behind the gang, Shrike placed a hand on Loader's cranium as he started forwards and whispered, "Don't. Just... don't."

--------------------------------------------------------
Underground radio station

Interceptor was experiencing a growing sense of exhultation. He had broadcast an outburst against Gigatron not protecting the citizens of Polyhex from drug-running gangs that had surely triggered the rioting. That was one in the optic for the whole slagging establishment!

Broadcasting heavy rock Earth music tracks, he opened a private channel and asked, 'Cattermaul? Drone? You guys hear me?'

Surprisingly, Cattermaul responded instantly. 'Interceptor, yeah, I can hear ya. Drone is out cold, but he's OK. What the frak is going on?'

'The downfall of government, the end of Gigatron's rule!'

Cyane had, meanwhile, climbed cautiously out of the bunker into a street filled with noise and briefly lit with bursts of light as energy weapons were discharged. She hugged the shadows, debating whether being out here was more sensible than being trapped in the radio station, and made the decision that such thoughts were moot; Polyhex was pretty much aflame and the only sensible option was Plan B - Run for It.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Megatron's HQ

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin came through the door and waited in the back, knowing it was not his place to yet speak. When Smokescreen finished speaking, Topspin chimed in "I second that notion. While we may be happy to see you, other may wish you stayed dead Prime. Let's get a move on and get you out of here!"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Iacon Detainment Facility, Two years ago
"So what are you here for then? To state your displeasure with my actions? To explain that you understand my need to fight, but that I went to far?" Sunstreaker asked but Prime shook his head immediately. "No, I'm here to tell you that your charges have been dropped. Both yours and Sideswipe's story checked out, it was purely defensive." Prime paused for a moment before slowly getting to his feet and movie towards the cell door, "I've also convinced the tribunal to end your probation." Sunstreaker looked at Prime and shook his head, "How?" his voice sounded shocked. "I've known you for a long time. And you always wanted to fight but you never, in all the cycles you were an Autobot; on all the missions I sent you on, you never killed an innocent," Prime began imputing the code into the cell panel, "You were reckless sometimes, cavalier at others, but you'd never up and slaughter as many beings as you did." The doors field slowly shut down and Sunstreaker stepped from the cell, looking at Prime. "Wheeljack's research into that cerbero-shell has all but confirmed it had the ability to manipulate a transformer. So, you're a free mech." Prime nodded, his tone happier than when the conversation first started. "So there is no strings attached to this? I'm free?" Sunstreaker asked cautiously. "Well, I would like you stay an Autobot, but judging by the removal of your Autobrand that decision has been made," Prime put his hand on Sunstreaker's shoulder, "I would like you to reconsider the decision though." Sunstreaker looked up at Optimus and then down the long hall of the detainment center. "No. Like you said. I never really supported this cause. And after all that's happened, it might be best for me to slip away into obscurity for a while." Sunstreaker nodded at Optimus, "But if you ever need me, simply ask. I may not have a lot of trust in the Autobots anymore, but I owe you a lot for you've done for me." Sunstreaker looked at the Autobot leader who simply nodded and removed his hand, "Then go. Hopefully you reconsider eventually."

Polyhex main electricity production center.

Sunstreaker counted down in his head, and when the explosion rocked the building he knew it was go time. He could hear the confusion below him, and dropped three smoke grenades out of the vent, the small bang and the loud hiss started to fill the room with a choking, dense smoke. Unless they were right next to him, they would be unable to see him because of the stealth. He watched as the room filled up, and then kicked out the grate and dropped down into the room. The first mech that got close, didn't realize he'd gotten close and was melted down by the electron pulse beam. Sunstreaker looked around and then spotted the console he needed. He moved slowly and carefully, as to avoid stray shots being fired by the confused Decepticons. He ducked down and crawled up the steps onto the platform and impaled the guard that was closest to the console on the energon sword. He used the lifeless mech as a shield and began to start the shutdown sequence of the generator. The large turbines began to slow, the room was filled with a loud screeching noise that drowned out most of the noise.

Sunstreaker could feel whenever a random shot landed on the shield. As the turbines came to a full stop, he slammed the energon sword into the console and slashed it. All the power in Polyhex would quickly begin to dim and die out, covering most of the state in darkness. Sunstreaker winced in pain as a stray shot connected with his side, causing him to topple over, dropping the shield. He held his hand against the wound and cringed. He got this feet as quickly as he could, using the damaged control panel as support. He moved towards the wall and pulled out another grate, climbing into the vent shaft. He wasn't sure where this one went, but the smoke cover would be gone soon and he wouldn't have the strength to get into the original vent. He replaced the grate on the front of the shaft and began to crawl, still holding the open wound on his side.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Megatron's Warehouse:

Prime: -nods, re-establishing his full link with the trailer's systems-

Prime's trailer: -cannons raising into position and locking onto the roof of the trailer, double barrelled cannons deploying on the front upper corners-

Prime: "Let's get out of here! Autobots, transform and roll out!" -transforms to vehicle mode, trailer rolling forward and locking onto the hitch, shifting into gear, roaring forward-

Ironhide: -looks over at Buzzsaw- "Never thought Ah'd say this, but thank Soundwave fer me." -transforms to vehicle mode, falls in behind Prime, activates commlink- "C'mon, Sunstreaker! Tahme ta go!"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger almost broke a smile.

"Perhaps, the last planet was rather weak in terms of resistance. I could use a chance to stretch out myself." He said to the large Decepticon.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Streets

Cyane shuddered as she passed two slumped bodies. They were dark and meagre forms leaking copious mech fluids from wounds caused by multiple projectile strikes; the wall above them was also peppered with holes.

She was making her way back towards her laboratory, where she intended to collect certain of her possessions and duck into the blast shelter beneath the floor. It had served in the war and would protect her during this rioting. Uneasy at being out in the open, she kept her head down and hurried along, hoping no one would bother with a small, scurrying fem - hoping not to be recognised as one of a particular drug lord's pet chemists.

Then the Dead End was plunged into darkness.

Not total darkness. This was a world where many individuals carried their own lighting arrays and, after the initial shock of the blackout, they began to activate them. Crouching fearfully, Cyane watched a running mech cut down near at hand by gunfire under the glare of macabre spotlights.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Refinery:

Ravage: -smiles as the lights dim and go out, activates a secure commlink channel to Soundwave- "Do we have a further use for these two, or should I just eliminate them now?"

Street outside the The Tarnished Bronze:

Lit by crackling fires from burning bodies and burning vehicles, the guard commander in charge of trying to get whoever was inside of the building that was killing everybody crouched behind what was left of his vehicles, his few surviving mechs huddled near him. HQ couldn't send backup because of the riot, and he had the sneaking suspicion that they'd written him and his team off. What was left of them, anyway. "All right, guys. What do you think?"

The others looked at him askanse, some wounded, all covered in the fluids of their comrades.

He shrugged. "I way we leave whatever is in there alone and go try to help contain the riot."

As one, the others eagerly nodded their agreement.

He grabbed the tannoy mic and clicked the button. "Whoever's inBLAMM!!!!" His headless body fell to the ground. As fire rained from above, the others didn't have any time to react to their leader's death, as they were too busy dying themselves.

Quickshot, crouching on the edge of the roof of the building above them, blew the curling smoke from the barrels of his blasters as he looked down at the corpses. "Idiots. Guess I'm gonna have to find more playmates elsewhere...."

Leaving Megatron's HQ:

Prime: -headlights and running lights flaring to life as the rest of the lights go out- "Exactly what is Sunstreaker doing to distract them?"

Ironhide: -his own headlights flaring to life- "Ah got a feelin' th' less we know, th' better off we are...."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Grease Pits

Blitzwing, still on guard, stood by silently as he listened to Megatron and Astrotrain speak.

“Yes, a lot has changed,” Blitzwing responded. “Pardon if I don’t seem grateful, being nearly decimated will do that. But what do want with us? I may have little love towards Gigatron; his rule is contradictory to the values I impart in my students. But you,” Blitzwing paused as chose his words carefully. “Well, nevermind. I assume you’ve come to recruit us, yes?”
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Sunstreaker moved fast through the vents, leaving a small trail of lubricant from the wound. "Did you guys get him?" He asked Ironhide over the comm as he kicked out a grate and looked around to make sure the coast was clear before dropping down.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Slicer pulled up and unhitched his trailer ijn his garage

A good haul but now to satisfy my taste for chaos and destruction

Slicer transformed and stepped into a purple off road buggy that was parked there. He revved the engine and performed a systems check extending the wheel blades.

Pressing his hand down on the horn he shot into the night ready to add to the chaos and confusion any way he could.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Grease Pits

Astrotrain smiled as Blitzwing challenged Megatron, impressed by his comrade's bravado in the face of danger.

"Actually," Megatron was saying, "the plan was to kill the two of you horribly and have your carcasses delivered to Gigatron as a warning of what is to come. But that was before I knew who you were. Killing either of you would be a terrible waste."

He gave Blitzwing a look that combined annoyance and long-suffering understanding, as if he'd heard the same thing so many times that it no longer surprised him. "I understand why you might have reservations, but consider this: under my leadership, the Decepticons took total control of Cybertron. When I died we were the unquestioned masters of our world, with the Autobots forced into hiding on Earth and two of our moons. What has Gigatron done for you? He needed the Autobots to end Thunderwing's grab for power, he couldn't stop the Quintessons from driving you away from your home, and now he sits locked up in a throne room in Darkmount, lording over Polyhex and a paltry few outposts like Valvolux. He doesn't try to crush the Autobots, he doesn't try to spread our Empire out onto other worlds, and he has done absolutely nothing to stop the spread of criminal gangs in our territory. Whether you agree with my leadership style or not, surely you must see that we can't let this sham of an Emperor continue to rule."

As a member of Gigatron's high command for all of the sixchanger's reign, Astrotrain recognized Megatron's words for the propaganda that they were. Still, they played to his very real fear that his people were stagnating, becoming so satisfied with what they had that they never took any risks for fear of losing it. But he said nothing, wanting to see what else Megatron would tell his fellow triple changer.

"Tell me this," Megatron said. "As a teacher, how many young Decepticons do you think your message reaches? How many of them do you think actually embrace the values you teach them?" He smiled slightly, one side of his mouth curling up in an expression that seemed to say I have you now. "And how many more do you think you could reach if you were speaking from a position in my inner circle? I'm sure Astrotrain here can tell you just how much influence such a role would give you."

Megatron's (now-abandoned) HQ

Smokescreen transformed to vehicle mode and rolled out after Prime.

"I will," Buzzsaw told Ironhide. "And good luck. Gigatron's minions may already be looking for you."

As the Autobots rolled away, he transmitted a short coded data pulse to Soundwave.

"Prime is free," he said. "You may begin Phase Two."

Soundwave's Intelligence Base

Finally returning to the comfortable confines of his home and headquarters (and to the safe hum of his secure backup generator), Soundwave was happy to receive his minion's transmission. He didn't reply, but instead fired up his own communications systems and opened a channel to another Decepticon.

"Scorponok," he said with carefully-manufactured urgency in his voice, "it has come to my attention that Optimus Prime is at large in the city, fanning the flames of dissent in the Grease Pits. I'm sending you his location now. I trust you know what to do about this."

If he'd had a visible mouth, Soundwave would have been grinning. Scorponok's troops are all in the field. He'll have no choice but to take to the field himself and engage Prime...and the newly-rebuilt Prime will destroy him. One more obstacle out of the way.

Swtiching channels to reply to Ravage he said, "They may prove useful later, but use your better judgement. I doubt Megatron will mind either way."

Darkmount

Scorponok strode out of the turbolift into Darkmount's courtyard just moments before the entire city's power grid went out. With a roar of fury, he smashed the nearest piece of equipment he could find. He knew that all of the Decepticons' military bases had their own power supplies, ones that would last long enough to investigate this act of terrorism and reactivate the city's power, but that was beside the point.

Who would dare-

His thought was interrupted as Soundwave's communication came through, coincidentally giving him his answer.

"Prime! Of course he is behind this! Who else?" He gave Hatemonger a knowing glance. "You and I will have to deal with him personally. Transform and follow me."

Scorponok did exactly what he suggested, converting to scorpion mode and moving as quickly as he could to the city's main gates, the only way into or out of Polyhex.

With this attack carried out, Prime will try to flee as quickly as he can. More fool him.

The Black Nova

Rollover and his gang would find their way obstructed by an electronically-locked gate and a grid of laser tripwires. It was a simple but effective way to keep intruders out without wasting manpower, and would be more than capable of keeping the thugs from penetrating the Black Nova undetected.

Or rather, it was all of those things before the power went out, the gate's locks disengaged and the laser grid disappeared.

Black Shadow pondered Whiplash's request for a short while, then nodded. "Very well. I've been idly considering a move for a while now, and the local climate is simply far too hostile to try and stay." He held out his hand. "You have my word."

"For whatever that's worth," Whiplash nodded, shook hands with the gangster, and then crossed his arms. "It's a deal."

"Good. Then-" Black Shadow's words stopped dead as the facility's lights went dark. A few seconds later, they were bathed in the diabolical red light of the Black Nova's emergency lighting.

The two transformers rushed out of the office and into the bar's main room.

"What in the universe is going on?" Black Shadow demanded.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger smiled.

"Prime, good things are getting interesting right off the bat." He smiled and transformed into his tank mode and rolled beside the large scorpion.

"So where is Prime?" Hatemonger asked.
redman prime

The darkening streets

Post by redman prime »

A roar erupted from the crowd as the city was plunged into darkness. The night sky brightened as the haze of ground lights rapidly faded away, further illuminating the remaining guards on the rooftops.

As Whiplash had entered the bar, the troops had rolled out some massive artillery. Fapro was getting his troops killed, but this was madness. Or was it? If they could take out the few troops isolated around the repeater, it'd be fair game to turn on the denizens inside. The only problem with that was they were several hundred yards still from the door, and still pinned down by the seekers.

"Citizens of Polyhex! I am Fapro, and I condemn these thugs and gangsters to the pit! Join me in expunging them from our city!"
The fiery rhetoric made him feel as if the best stuff in the galaxy was flowing in his veins. I just want to make a difference; lead these people towards tomorrow.

--------------------------------
The twins accelerated into a hair pin turn, their Civic bodies gripping the pavement and sending them rocketing ahead.
A few small mechs were idling down an alleyway ahead of them, which met their fancy just fine. Transforming at top speed, Rumble slid by their position and snapped off a controlled burst of fire, clipping the knees of several of the empties. Frenzy transformed and catapulted into the air, landing in the midst of the falling empties. With a dizzying flurry of blows, he had dismembered two of the drug addled empties and sent the rest scurrying for cover.
Cover was not to be had on this night. Rumble raised his firearm and fired again, gunning down civilians with precise blasts in their backs.

It was a matter of putting out sparks after that. In thirty seconds time, seven citizens were exterminated.

"Well, that was just as easy as the first flexing. Race you to 15 kills!" Rumble was reloading as he talked, feeling antsy and exhilirated.

"Half a minute, there's something not right.." The lights went out on him mid sentance. "and that's the sign!" Frenzy shrugged, but was annoyed that the fun may be over before it really got started.
He opened a channel to Ravage, "Hey kitty, what's the plan? Buzzsaw told us to kill mechs, but there ain't no lights anymore."
Chip1123
Protoform

Leaving Megatron's HQ:

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin brought up the rear, transforming and following Prime, Ironhide, and Smokescreen. "Are we waiting on Sunstreaker, or getting the heck out of here?" Topspin asked as he moved into formation behind the others.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Polyhex Central Art Gallery

Slicer was not the only one to be taking advantage of the confusion.

Two pantechnions stood drawn up to the loading dock as Governor drew up in his limousine.

He wound down his window

"how goes it ?"

A mech holding a piece of sculpture in his hands looked up

"just moving on to the second floor Sir."

Wingspan's HQ

Network opened a com link to Scorponok.

"This is Network at Military intelligence. I don't like all thats happening Sir. Especially with the boss sidelined like this and a lot of our troops out of the picture. If I didn't know better I 'd say this has all the classics signs of a coup d'etat. As a precaution I reccomend sending loyal troops to secure the broadcasting facilities. I'd also double-check the position of all key personnel who might be involved Sir. Especially Soundwave I don't trust him Sir he's top of our suspect list."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Underground radio station

Interceptor swore with a furious passion in the emergency-lit gloom of the bunker as his radio systems flared and failed. It would be no good trying to reconnect the generator to the panel, mainly because he had no idea how to do it. He needed Drone and wailed into his personal communications system, 'I need help. I'm off the air!'

'Scrap to that,' came Cattermaul's reply. 'Get the whole farking widget out of there, 'Ceptor! I'm hauling Drone to Altihex.'

'Don't leave me!' Interceptor cried in horror.

'You can get out if you're careful.'

The radio went silent with a very final click.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

refinery

Staxx suddenly found himself in darkness.
"ravage, euh... the lights went out? was that you? should we still continue here? we don't see them coming now?"