G2 Protectobots

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

G2 Protectobots

Post by Denyer »

Backstory -- this dealer's been handling the estate of someone who worked in the industry. Includes gold plastic, on First Aid's head no less, so it was a bit touch and go with the combining.

https://www.facebook.com/z75sales/timeline

http://i.imgur.com/7lFcIDN.jpg
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That's an interesting piece of history, but it's really no surprise that they decided to bin these, is it? Even by G2's somewhat more...vibrant standards Defensor (and Menasor too) looks godawful.

The individual robots look pretty bad too aside from Streetwise, who mostly just nicked Stakeout's colours.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Groove is an Autobot?

Having an actual close to fire engine coloured Hot Shot would have been nice (presumably they went with blue originally to differentiate him from Inferno? Not that they bothered with First Aid/Ratchet)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hot Spot and Inferno were only separated by a few months, though, where First Aid was first released a couple years after Ratchet. They were different sizes too, which probably made some difference. It'd be a lot easier for parents to confuse a red Hot Spot with Inferno and tell their kids "no, you already have that one at home!"

Honestly I really like Hot Spot's blue colours. I've never seen a blue fire truck in person (though it's actually quite common going by Google image search), but it's nice that he's got something to help him stand out from basically every other TF fire truck ever.