Stepper: Takara reissue #15?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Possible Stepper reissue?

Post by Alpha Trion »

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=2804&mode=flat

I would love to see a Stepper reissue, as I just know one of these days I'm going to become rich, and end up spending all my newfound money on ridiculously rare guys like Stepper.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Holy S*it.

I never heard of the guy, and he can get up to $1000+ on eBay. Looks alright but meh ...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It'll sell. Will piss off a number of incredibly anal people too. So, it's all good.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Denyer
Will piss off a number of incredibly anal people too.

*cough*cliffy*cough*
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Doubt it. I have dibs on a couple of his originals. Reissues are good. It's even nicer when they're of toys which are virtually nonexistent in the second-hand market.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Originally posted by Tempest
Holy S*it.

I never heard of the guy, and he can get up to $1000+ on eBay. Looks alright but meh ...

Yeah.. while you are at it.. take a look at Artfire. He's a repaint of Inferno that is also in that $1000 price range. Maybe they'll make a repaint of him too? I don't have a link for him right now.. but.. I'm sure you can find something..
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Bombshell
*cough*cliffy*cough*

Do you ever think about what you're typing or know what you're talking about? Cliffjumper, the guy who's constantly ragging on dumbasses who pay out the ass to have a complete collection, the guy who'd think that such anal bastards getting pissed would be entirely their own fault? That Cliffy? :wtf:
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Now, let's get back on topic... who thinks Takara would do well to release a two-pack with Stepper and Artfire?

I would buy that in a heartbeat, and I imagine most collectors would do the same. It'd be quite possible too, as both the Jazz and Inferno molds have been used very recently.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

who thinks Takara would do well to release a two-pack with Stepper and Artfire?
I would think they would do quite well. I could see that pack starting off at $100 easily. Especially since they are Targetmasters, it makes them even more appealing. I don't know if they'd do it in the near future though, only since they are trying to get the original reissues out first. Since these were special limited ones, they may try to leave them as being exclusive. Who knows. They may just make it into a set such as the Goodbye Megatron, and Optimus Prime sets. In any case, I'd be more than happy to pick one up.
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Now, let's get back on topic... who thinks Takara would do well to release a two-pack with Stepper and Artfire?

I would say 'no', actually. IIRC, Artfire and Stepper aren't all that popular in Japan, so the primary market for this set would be Western collectors. With that in mind, a two-pack wouldn't be the best idea, since it would require collectors who only want one of the two to pay twice as much for the toys, and twice (or thereabouts) as much for shipping. For my part, I'd like Artfire, but I might not be willing to shell out for a two-pack to get him.

A limited-run individual re-issue for both of them, on the other hand, would probably be more profitable. The collectors that would be willing to pick up both would probably buy both anyway, while those who don't want to buy both could just get one.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

I don't see it happening. I mean, yeah, they still got the Inferno mold, but I doubt they'll do it for a US market. Japanese, on the other hand...
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

But I gotta agree with Bombers on that one, probley no chance on it being made a 2 pack sadly.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

If only I could close this.

Anyway. Would be cool, though I'll be a little surprised if it really does go through. Not buying one either way...
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Why not a double-pack? These are fan interest figures, likely to be distributed by eHobby's Premiums range if at all. Takara have no moral problem with packaging figures of varying desirability into a two-pack - look at Anime Streak, packed with fugly Gold Meister. They know there are enough TF fans out there who want these to fork out on a double-pack price for one.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Reflector
If only I could close this.
Why should the thread suffer?

Warcry:

Hmm. Takara have been inclined to bundle two of the same mould together, and we've already had Jazz (with the gold repaint) and Inferno (was he done as Grapple as well?) I figure a two-pack would sell well enough internationally it would be financially worth their while.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmm. Takara have been inclined to bundle two of the same mould together, and we've already had Jazz (with the gold repaint) and Inferno (was he done as Grapple as well?) I figure a two-pack would sell well enough internationally it would be financially worth their while.

The Gold Jazz wasn't sold with Jazz, but with Anime Bluestreak... but yes, they did pack a load of G1 reissues in "mold brothers", and the trend did continue with Deepcover & Clampdown.

Takara aren't afraid to rinse your wallet by packing something you want with something you don't want. Why do you think they brought clear/pewter PVC figures and random packaging to Transformers?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Why do you think they brought clear/pewter PVC figures and random packaging to Transformers?
I have to assume ignorance of the end market came into it somewhere... they must have known they'd sell fewer complete cases by mixing.

Random packing I can accept... they're cheap novelties, they just aren't so cheap when you add shipping from Japan.
Iron Guciu
Protoform

Post by Iron Guciu »

I would like to see STEPPER to be Reissue in US.

and i would like to see Stepper be the part of DW TF G1 Universe:)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I was outright surpised he, and some of the other Japanese exclusives less prominently associated with the TV series, or overtly "Japanese" didn't make it into MTMTE.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Takara aren't afraid to rinse your wallet by packing something you want with something you don't want. Why do you think they brought clear/pewter PVC figures and random packaging to Transformers?

Because people are willing to pay the money, obviously. I didn't really think about it from the 'would they' angle as much as the 'should they' angle. If they do reissue them, they probably will be in a two-pack, but I really, really wish they weren't.

But honestly, it's crap like that which ensures that they almost never get any of my money. I'm in a minority there, I know, but that kind of stuff really pisses me off (random packing, especially).