anyone have the walmart animated prequel?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
*BARRAGE*

anyone have the walmart animated prequel?

Post by *BARRAGE* »

i am considering getting the two disc edition and giving my brother the actual movie so i can keep the animated prequel... but i need to know if its worth it...

Q: is the animation good?

Q: is the story the same as the comic?

Q: do the Decepticons have their cybertronian forms animated?

Q: do you feel it's worth getting?

if you have some scren shots, that would be cool as heck to see!

thank you in advance...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
wherethedevildances
Protoform

Post by wherethedevildances »

I have it. Don't waste your money.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

I have it too. The "animation" is simply the comic book panels with the characters cut out being moved, either popping out, or just moving across the panel. There is no real animation. It's not a cartoon, it's a moving comic book. It is the exact same story as the comic. The real down-side is that there are no other extras or special features on the set. It's just the movie followed by some trailers on one disk, and the prequel on the other disk. Nothing else.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

after reading this on my phone's browser... i watched it at a buddies house earlier today... ugh...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

however good or bad the prequel is, why would you give the superier brilliant film away?
The flinch in your eyes calls your bluff
Feel free to die when youve had enough
Useless cause is breaking your back
Your life will end when you attack

Check out my art here

http://viviax.deviantart.com/
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Wingsabre wrote:however good or bad the prequel is, why would you give the superier brilliant film away?
Possibly because he has another copy of the film like maybe the Target exclusive DVD Special Edition and only wanted the prequel story. I ended up geting the Target exclusive 2-disk set with some Christmas money because I wanted the special features that didn't come with the Walmart version, so I now have two copies of the movie.
sikkbones
Protoform

Post by sikkbones »

Tramp wrote:Possibly because he has another copy of the film like maybe the Target exclusive DVD Special Edition and only wanted the prequel story. I ended up geting the Target exclusive 2-disk set with some Christmas money because I wanted the special features that didn't come with the Walmart version, so I now have two copies of the movie.

would you like to sell or trade the second copy?
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

It is a let down to those who have the comic, but when mybuddy watched Transformers for the first time i schooled him with the prequel disc first. (He had never read the comic).

There is some redeeming voice acting done by real people from the film, such as Cullen and the guy who played sam's dad. Plus Welker is Megs, so you can hear frank say stuff like "Terra-Firma feels anything but..."

It's not a waste if you got it cheap with the dvd, but it ain't better than the comic.
Come on and wind me up.