Generations/power core/hunt for decepticons

Working area for reviews.

Moderators: Skyquake87, ganon578

Clay

Generations/power core/hunt for decepticons

Post by Clay »

Right, they're all going into the "Transformers 2010" index with a prefix of 2010_ for the purpose of retaining sanity.

Kamen and Blackjack: I'm probably going to add any reviews into the sql database with "PCC" or "Gen." into the review name to denote what's what, and leave "Hunt for Decepticons" without any extra notation as that's likely to be the default line. In the review headers themselves they should probably be called "somebody's review: Power Core Combiner Huffer" or "so-and-so's review: Generations Thrust" to keep everything straight.

Thanks Hasbro! :wtf:
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

But then what happens to the reviews of imported Takara toys from the 2010 range??????????

????

?

???

???????????????????????

?

!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Just to clarify... 'Hunt for the Decepticons' is the subtitle-less, gold packaged ones, right? Otherwise, it's cool...

EDIT: so, let's see if I get it correctly. Presumably the list would look like this, or am I misreading it?

-Brimstone (HFTD)
-Drift (Gen)
-Huffer (PCC)
-Seaspray (HFTD)
-Smolder (PCC)
-Thrust (Gen)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Blackjack wrote:Just to clarify... 'Hunt for the Decepticons' is the subtitle-less, gold packaged ones, right? Otherwise, it's cool...

EDIT: so, let's see if I get it correctly. Presumably the list would look like this, or am I misreading it?

-Brimstone (HFTD)
-Drift (Gen)
-Huffer (PCC)
-Seaspray (HFTD)
-Smolder (PCC)
-Thrust (Gen)
Yeah, except that I wouldn't put (HFTD) in as that's likely the default line. Unless my wires are crossed and Generations is.

Also, I'd put them in front of the toy name as that'd keep the lines organized together within the one menu.
Halfshell wrote:But then what happens to the reviews of imported Takara toys from the 2010 range??????????

????

?

???

???????????????????????

?

!
We're a proper Canadian/British/American site. Takara doesn't exist here.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Clay wrote:Right, they're all going into the "Transformers 2010" index with a prefix of 2010_ for the purpose of retaining sanity.

Kamen and Blackjack: I'm probably going to add any reviews into the sql database with "PCC" or "Gen." into the review name to denote what's what, and leave "Hunt for Decepticons" without any extra notation as that's likely to be the default line. In the review headers themselves they should probably be called "somebody's review: Power Core Combiner Huffer" or "so-and-so's review: Generations Thrust" to keep everything straight.

Thanks Hasbro! :wtf:
Wow. I really haven't been paying attention. I though 'Generations' was the new 'Classics' moniker. Are those others sublines within 'Generations'?

Also, shouldn't Hasbro be milking 'War for Cybertron'? Or did I miss an announcement of a new cartoon?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Transformer Kamen wrote:Wow. I really haven't been paying attention. I though 'Generations' was the new 'Classics' moniker. Are those others sublines within 'Generations'?

Also, shouldn't Hasbro be milking 'War for Cybertron'? Or did I miss an announcement of a new cartoon?
Basically, now we have three separate lines:
-Power Core Combiners: A new concept. Includes roughly Scout-sized toys with Minicons that combine with separately-sold drone limbs to form a gestalt.
-Transformers: a.k.a. Hunt for the Decepticons a.k.a. Transformers subtitleless a.k.a. Goldbox Transformers. Basically continuing the slew of repaints from ROTF as well as mainly new Movie-based molds (Seaspray, Legends Rampage, Brimstone, Hubcap...), although there are several Uniclassics repaints inside (Sandstorm et al). The 'main' line, with toys of all sizes.
-Generations: Includes War for Cybertron and new Uniclassics figures. Red packaging, mainly Deluxe class toys for the forseeable future.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

I...see.....
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Clay wrote:We're a proper Canadian/British/American site. Takara doesn't exist here.
Can I have your toys then?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Clay wrote:Yeah, except that I wouldn't put (HFTD) in as that's likely the default line. Unless my wires are crossed and Generations is.

Also, I'd put them in front of the toy name as that'd keep the lines organized together within the one menu.
I uploaded Warcry's Huffer review as a test... is that in the format you meant? :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Blackjack wrote:I uploaded Warcry's Huffer review as a test... is that in the format you meant? :)
That's just about right. :)