Not sure how I can tell this girl I like her...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
-Predaking-
Protoform

Not sure how I can tell this girl I like her...

Post by -Predaking- »

I went to clubbing yesterday and I went with a guy friend a two girls. Throughout the night we were having lots of fun and I like one of the girls cuz we were dancing very close and holding hands and I felt we connected. I am not a very straightforward person and I it's hard for me to put a move on her except doing some intimate things like putting my hands around her waist when we danced. After the club I drove everybody back to my place and that girl had to drive 30-40 mins back to her home from my home. My friend thought that I should ask her to stay overnight but I didn't want to and he thought I missed a big chance cuz he was trying to hook me up with her. But since it's the first time I met her I didn't feel it's appropriate. Now I want to ask her out but now I am not sure if I have missed a chance to tell her that I like her. Should I continue to hang out with her and my friends and see what she thinks of me, or should I call her and ask her out next week on a date? Or should I call her friend and see what that girl thinks of me? Any help is appreciated.
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

suggestion: throw caution to the wind and just straight out ask her whatever you want to ask her. after all, what's the worst that could possibly happen, she'll say no and it'll be her loss, but try to think of thr best that could happen. Be confident and optimistic
Osku
Protoform

Re: Not sure how I can tell this girl I like her...

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by -Predaking-
My friend thought that I should ask her to stay overnight but I didn't want to and he thought I missed a big chance cuz he was trying to hook me up with her. But since it's the first time I met her I didn't feel it's appropriate. Now I want to ask her out but now I am not sure if I have missed a chance to tell her that I like her.
Well, I would have acted the same way. And if she took interest in you, I can´t see how you could have missed your change.

Call her, ask her out, coffee, anything. When you see her and if you feel like it, tell her why you didn´t ask her to stay. If you´re lucky, she´ll find your behaviour considerate and charming. :) Good luck.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

hmmmm ....

If you ask her out straight out there are to possiblities

1. you get the chick
2. You lose the chick

hmmmm ....

if you ask her out, and you both 'clicked' then she will enticapate you to ask her out.

SO WHAT YOU WAITING FOR?!

but as Almighty Galvatron said just go for it
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

So at least you got her number.

Either be very sparatic and call her about 1 oclock today and say something like "Hey, I had a great time last night, want to go to eat with me about 7 or so?"

or

play mysterious, nonchalant and not call her until about Thursday this week...and tell her that you misplaced her number...she'll think you weren't too excited and might find it a challenge to get you to like her....

You know what kind of girl she seems like...if she is more of a "I want to go out with her," then call her today....

and if she is more of a "I want to run her head thru the headboard" then definitely call her today....

and if she is the kind of girl you want to go out with again, but are not in a rush, call her up on Thursday.
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

seems like im going to have to be the voice of reason here, you guys dont know what your talking about. First, you should have asked her to sleep with you. Most women I've been around love sleeping with men. Then you say the classic pickup line "Is that a bananna in your pants or are you just happy to see me?" By then you won't be able to get her off you. Then you completely lie to her, tell her you've just came out of a 4 year relationship, you know, to make her feel sorry for you, chicks love that ****. Just make sure you use a rubber dude

EDIT

I can't say C_R_A_P?
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

you know that oraface in front of your teeth can be used for other things...hehehehe.

And you can say krap
Computron

Post by Computron »

I'd say go for it, but then I'm having the same problem now, I cannae believe it, I never have trouble asking women out (ussually cause I'm just after a quick umm yes) anyway this one is causing problems - maybe its because I actually like her as a person - ahh **** I'm going soft

back on topic, just ask her to go see a film or something and work from there - make sure she knows you like her though - otherwise u end up in the "friend" trap
I support a ban on powerposting
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Computron
maybe its because I actually like her as a person

Pansy ;)

I'd say go for it too Preds. Really, if you were holding hands, it's pretty damned obvious that she already likes you (unless she was really, really drunk of course). So it's just a matter of how you act on it. I'd probably give her a call, and ask her if she wants to do something together - or, if you're not confident enough (yet) to go that route, you could always go out with her and your mates again, and if the same thing happens this time, then you're in :)

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by Claypool
seems like im going to have to be the voice of reason here, you guys dont know what your talking about.

IM ONLY 14!

jesus christ
Computron

Post by Computron »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
Pansy ;)

I know, I would normally just go out and randomly pull some bird for the night to get over it but I can't even do that. I went out last monday, as good as pulled two birds but didn't even get off with them cause I "wasn't in the mood" despite them well up for it and even coming onto me.

So glad none of the boys saw - I would be in a world of trouble ;)
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by Computron
ahh **** I'm going soft
Damn right! What happened to the bird pulling, pub brawling, occasionally getting kicked out of a club Compy we used to know. What have you done with him!?

But yeah, Preds, I say just ask her out, I know sometimes the answer can be the one you don't want, but when it is, it's worth it.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Computron

Post by Computron »

Originally posted by Grimlock
Damn right! What happened to the bird pulling, pub brawling, occasionally getting kicked out of a club Compy we used to know. What have you done with him!?

He is off with that bird in your sig, I am his temp replacement (**prays to god Lock doesn't change his sig to some stinker ;)**)
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by Grimlock

But yeah, Preds, I say just ask her out, I know sometimes the answer can be the one you don't want, but when it is, it's worth it.

DAMN, im to young for that stuff
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

Originally posted by ‡T3MPE5T‡
IM ONLY 14!

Darn, not the youngest person (who actually posts in GD, at least) on board anymore. :\ :rolleyes:

Just ask her out, she will either say yes or no, and if she says no, you will not go out with her, that simple.

Of course, advice I just gave I would never personally do :rolleyes: , i need to start actually listening to myself
He's alive. Go figure.
axio
Protoform

Post by axio »

You have her number? Then quit stalling and call her. Don't have to propose to her right away, just ask if she wants to go get some coffee. Keep the first time vague and away from the word "date" :) Don't attempt to be suave or whatever and call her a week later, you are just going to seem uninterested and a jerk. And shes going to see right through this attempted suaveness.

Chicks dig honesty over everything else that you throw at em :)

yesssssss, trixyyyy tigggerrssssss
Crazomatic
Protoform

Post by Crazomatic »

Originally posted by Claypool
seems like im going to have to be the voice of reason here, you guys dont know what your talking about. First, you should have asked her to sleep with you. Most women I've been around love sleeping with men. Then you say the classic pickup line "Is that a bananna in your pants or are you just happy to see me?" By then you won't be able to get her off you. Then you completely lie to her, tell her you've just came out of a 4 year relationship, you know, to make her feel sorry for you, chicks love that ****. Just make sure you use a rubber dude

LOL!

You have her number? Then quit stalling and call her. Don't have to propose to her right away, just ask if she wants to go get some coffee. Keep the first time vague and away from the word "date" Don't attempt to be suave or whatever and call her a week later, you are just going to seem uninterested and a jerk. And shes going to see right through this attempted suaveness.

Chicks dig honesty over everything else that you throw at em

Yup yup!

Coffee is a great idea, among other things. If it clicks again, take her to an amusement park or something, something that will get you both talking. NO MOVIES! They discourage talking. Good luck man!
Silly boys. . . . . . Transformers are for girls!
Vin Ghostal

Re: Not sure how I can tell this girl I like her...

Post by Vin Ghostal »

My friend thought that I should ask her to stay overnight but I didn't want to and he thought I missed a big chance cuz he was trying to hook me up with her.

I think you did the right thing. Asking a girl to sleep over the first time (especially since this wasn't even a 1-on-1 date) is fairly out of bounds.
Should I continue to hang out with her and my friends and see what she thinks of me, or should I call her and ask her out next week on a date? Or should I call her friend and see what that girl thinks of me?

I'd say the following are good moves:

1. In your next conversation with the friend, casually bring up that you thought the girl was really 'cool' and 'an interesting person,' hinting that you like her. Then maybe push to find out if the girl has any interest.

2. Call her in the middle of the week. Talk about how great a time you had last weekend, and ask her what she's got in store for the weekend, if anything. DO NOT OFFER TO GO TO A MOVIE UNLESS SHE BRINGS IT UP. Movies = attempted makeout venue, and it's a bit strong to bring that up as a possible first real date. Dinner is, I feel, the way to go. If she's planning to go out with you and the other friends again, ask her if she'd like to have dinner before going to the club/bar/whatever. A pre-night out dinner is always a winner.

3. Good luck champ!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I'm surprised Claypool didn't advice you to stalk her from a distance...

Well, if you were holding her hand and such, its more than likely that she's in to you. I'd say ask her out for sure, but do it in a way that makes you feel comfortable.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm gonna wish you better luck than I've had.

*sigh*