PETA at it again....

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
13thScorpio

PETA at it again....

Post by 13thScorpio »

Now,the cooking mama was just funny,but this?

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/index.asp

Renaming fish....I almost want whatever the heck thier smoking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I like my sea kitten sandwiches with sweetcorn and mayo.

And my dead pig sandwiches with brown sauce...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Mmmmm . . . dead pigs. :)

So PETA's too dumb to know the difference between kittens and fish? :eyebrow:

I made a Sea Kitten:

I even gave him a water bowl. Because fishes get thirsty. :glance:
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

but PETA makes good poster with those sexeh girls and whatnot all the time protesting fur. I support their goals, only of they provide me with cheap women for the ads lol. Anyway interesting as always PETA, remind me to never smoke weed with Willie again!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Denyer wrote:And my dead pig sandwiches with brown sauce...
I meant to ask in the college cooking thread about this, but what would an American know "brown sauce" as? Is it gravy? Worcestershire Sauce? Something utterly alien to us? Most of the other UKisms you can figure out, but whatever I've substituted for brown sauce, someone's eating something weird.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Denyer wrote:I like my sea kitten sandwiches with sweetcorn and mayo.

And my dead pig sandwiches with brown sauce...
What about dead cow and dead chicken? Hmmm...come to think of it, I like my dead cow in chili. Yeah, chili sounds good.

I'm almost tempted to send PETA Youtube videos of the Mythbusters running their tests on dead pigs.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

These Sea Kittens need a PR agent and a Hug!!!!

I mean, PETA is pretty bad... but wow... this one boggles the mind...
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Civ wrote:I'm almost tempted to send PETA Youtube videos of the Mythbusters running their tests on dead pigs.
They get pretty pissed off. I actually did this to a PETA member, and she said that she would kill me because I was laughing my ass off at her getting sick, as in puking. She never killed me because she is a pacifist as well. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Man, that was a fun day.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I really hate vegans and vegetarians. Vegans are the worst of all. Grrr.

My friends and I are currently designing a Space Invaders-like game where you shoot endangered species; bosses are PETA members, Vegans, and Hippies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

My future sister-in-law is a Vegan, but she isn't this drastic truthfully. She actually understands why some people have to eat meat, like me for example. I have low blood sugar and I have to basically eat meat, or else I'd prolly be a vegetarian and fruititarian. Anyway, long story short, she also is into health and fitness and understands things better than the average vegan and PETA member prolly. anyway. just my two cents ^^.

-Space Marines
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Notabot wrote:I meant to ask in the college cooking thread about this, but what would an American know "brown sauce" as? Is it gravy? Worcestershire Sauce? Something utterly alien to us? Most of the other UKisms you can figure out, but whatever I've substituted for brown sauce, someone's eating something weird.
Yeah I wondered the same thing, but I didn't want to seem stupid by asking :lol: I'm guessing its some sort of gravy or beef stock, but I don't really know. The suspense is killing me though....
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Sauce

Like ketchup, but brown! And notso tomatoey.

Apparantly those transatlantically-challenged amongst you call it "steak sauce." Which is unfairly meat-specific of you. Brown sauce, like salad cream, should be enjoyed with anything.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Halfshell wrote: Brown sauce, like salad cream, should be enjoyed with anything.

I'm gonna give it a go on the pork we have tonight.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Halfshell wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Sauce

Like ketchup, but brown! And notso tomatoey.

Apparantly those transatlantically-challenged amongst you call it "steak sauce." Which is unfairly meat-specific of you. Brown sauce, like salad cream, should be enjoyed with anything.
i enjoy a good ol' fashioned A1 steak sauce Burger. nom nom! :P i find it better than ketchup and mustard put together :3

-Space Marines
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Notabot wrote:I meant to ask in the college cooking thread about this, but what would an American know "brown sauce" as?
As Brend said, it's HP or a clone in most of the UK. Although in Scotland you'll generally be asked if you want "salt and sauce" on chips; the sauce variation up in those parts is generally already very vinegary.
Civ wrote:What about dead cow and dead chicken?
Chicken's a lot easier to not screw up when cooking than beef, in my experience.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I often joke that whoever ruins my leather coat will have to replace it . . . with their own skin. I probably would never do that. At most I'd take them to small claims court to get the money back.

Oddly enough I think the Sea Kittens may be the most mature campaign PETA has ever embarked on.
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:I really hate vegans and vegetarians. Vegans are the worst of all. Grrr.
Actually. One of my closest friends is a vegan, and at the time I was just barely an omnivore with regard to my diet being comprized mostly of meat. He actually saw PETA as hurting the cause more than helping.

Hmmm . . . so brown sauce=steak sauce then? Hmmm . . . I'll have to remember to break out the A1 next time my dad does pork . . .
Springer007 wrote:but PETA makes good poster with those sexeh girls and whatnot all the time protesting fur. I support their goals, only of they provide me with cheap women for the ads lol. Anyway interesting as always PETA, remind me to never smoke weed with Willie again!
That always boggled my mind.

"If you don't stop eating animals or wearing them, then I'm going to let PETA post nude photos of me in protest."

"I think I'll have another burger . . ."

Really. I bet the meat industry's sales soar whenever those posters go up.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

RID Scourge wrote:"If you don't stop eating animals or wearing them, then I'm going to let PETA post nude photos of me in protest."
That threat might work if it was Helen Thomas of the Washington press corps....
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Halfshell wrote: Brown sauce, like salad cream, should be enjoyed with anything.
I dip crisps in it or have it with cheese in a sandwich as an alternative to pickle.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Slayer-Fan123 wrote: I really hate vegans and vegetarians. Vegans are the worst of all. Grrr.
I think that's a really stupid statement you made there. Not all of them are going to give you hell for your diet, and it sounds like you're just as bad as the ones who do. I've never met a vegan or vegetarian who acted like a PETArd because I eat meat.
Shield Strike
Protoform

Post by Shield Strike »

Sir Auros wrote:I think that's a really stupid statement you made there. Not all of them are going to give you hell for your diet, and it sounds like you're just as bad as the ones who do. I've never met a vegan or vegetarian who acted like a PETArd because I eat meat.

Got to agree with Auros there, that statement sounded a bit thick. I lived with a Vegan last year and not once did he complain about the rest of us cooking and eating meat when he was around. He just accepted that we ate meat and thought nothing of it. It seems a bit harsh to tar everyone with the same brush.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I would think the vegans and meat eaters who taunt each other are the worst truthfully.... i remember an article from the Southwest Times Record here in Fort Smith. The picture was of two vegetarian, PETA, girls in coffins, covered in roses. Behind them were two older gentlemen eating KFC. I find that taunting of course because all those girls were doing was making a statement about some of the alleged abuses of animals: hormones, etc. being put into the meat to make them bigger to sell. On the other side of the coin, the men, they were eating chicken that has been basically proven to have hormones, has lots of fat in it, and just makes people ill to eat (sensitive stomach here). Anyway, the point is, either way, they were taunting each other in some lewd, crude, or disrespectful way. Kinda like Paul McCartney's recent ex-wife allegedly storming into Jennifer Lopez's office to criticize her wearing fur, or in the worst scenarios, celebrities and non wearing fur and getting red paint splashed on them.

-Space Marines