Stan Bush touches The Touch, loses the touch

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
borg72

Stan Bush touches The Touch, loses the touch

Post by borg72 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3_EXxwDpq0

i've been trying to figure out what it is thats so wrong.... its somewhere between the fact that the tune is (initially) linkin park's 'what ive done'. and the comedy 'rapper' who seems to be taking himself very seriously. the rest of it isn't half bad. if you ignore the video.

apparently hes using this as leverage to get on the rotf soundtrack (again/still)...

enjoy.

ps is it me, or does he look like cliff richard?

mods, feel free to move this to an rotf thread, but as its neither official or a spoiler, i didnt want to presume...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I was more expecting him to sing Lady In Red.

The most absolutely awesome bit was during the "sad" bit we get a montage of Stan and Rapper looking moody and broody before cutting to the Clive Anderson guitarist with the most gormless stupid "I'M IN A MUSIC VIDEO!!!!" grin ever seen.

I do like how Stan has taken my advice about his t-shirt and gone and brought himself a new one.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

inflatable dalek wrote:The most absolutely awesome bit was during the "sad" bit we get a montage of Stan and Rapper looking moody and broody before cutting to the Clive Anderson guitarist with the most gormless stupid "I'M IN A MUSIC VIDEO!!!!" grin ever seen.
:lol: Right? It definitely stood out.

I don't particularly like this remix mainly because they slowed it down too much. The tone that the words set was really meant for a fast-paced song imo.

Yeah. It definitely sounds like he's trying to be Linkin Park, but doesn't quite have the same dynamic.
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

As reluctant as I am to say this...very, very reluctant....this version wouldn't be too terribly bad if it wasn't for having to watch them and their awful blue-screened video. Knowing that Bush won't simply let go and move on also adds to the sad, pitiful nature of it. The guitar tone, while a typical standard PRS through a modern high-gain amp like a Mesa or Bogner sound that's done everywhere these days, was really good though and a refreshing move outside the 80s for Bush.

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Im sorry, i just cant watch it anymore. the song is fine (no worse than the fake theme from the last movie, at least), but its the rapper (who is he?) and the cheesetastic video making my brain melt.

I'm very, very, sorry for inflicting this upon you.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

This is a bad Touch... Bad Touches are wrong.

I need my mommy...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

I just couldn't finish watching it. It doesn't even have that fun, cheesy kind of charm about it. Even the poseur-like behaviour didn't get a giggle out of me. It's so...sad.

...I suppose it's possible to listen to the video with the screen tucked away in the toolbar. Could make it marginally more tolerable. Mind, I don't think I'll attempt to do this. It's not doing anything for me.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

That rapper is definitely trying to be Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park. I don't think it comes off very well. The song itself isn't terrible, but the video is just SUPER cheesy. And that guitarist cracks me up. :lol:
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

:lol: @ borg
Springer145 wrote:Knowing that Bush won't simply let go and move on also adds to the sad, pitiful nature of it.
Here's the thing. Most non-tf fans have probably never heard of him. According to wiki he's done music for a few movies, but the height of his career was pretty much his work on the 1986 movie. Can't blame him for trying to recapture the magic.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

ganon578 wrote:That rapper is definitely trying to be Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park.
Linkin Park is SUCH a good band to copy.

>_<'
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

That was terrible.

Andy
Clay

Post by Clay »

Had to click off as soon as I saw Mr. Bush actually in the video.

Egads, man. Let it go.
CJHawk
Protoform

Post by CJHawk »

OMG, that was horrible, absolutely horrible. Excuse while I gouge out my ears and eyes.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Is this legit / accepted?
inflatable dalek

If it was Paramount approved they'd be using clips from the sequel.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Given how tightly new footage is controlled, not necessarily. Those exclusives go to the trailers and press first.
inflatable dalek

Aye, but the official song for the first film used clip, mostly the same ones as the trailer so I can't see why that wouldn't be the case here. If it's on the soundtrack I'll eat Stan's old black t-shirt.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It meets the criteria of generic nu-metal/indie pap (the first film having a nice if not particularly original score, but the soundtrack was pants.) Wouldn't rule it out just yet.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

to clarify, this is not official. the mighty bush (ahem) is rather desperate to get on the rotf soundtrack, and has released/submitted this in the hopes that bay will pick him out as some kind of fan-nod to be on the soundtrack.

vince dicola has done something similar with his song, 'bound and gagged' (which is much better than this, imo).

because googling 'bound and gagged' isn't an option for everyone
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

If you can gut it out to the end of the Stan Bush video, there is footage from ROTF running in the background. It looks like it's all stuff from the trailers we've already seen. Maybe Stan picked the Ray Romano-looking rapper not just for his mad skillz, but also because he had video capture software.