My new favorite song of the moment...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
BigMaki
Protoform

My new favorite song of the moment...

Post by BigMaki »

... is Gorillaz's "DARE." This is like the best Basement Jaxx song ever. The whole Demon Days CD is better than the first one, since the songs don't feel like filler and don't last 10 minutes apiece. Get it!
Scarrita
Protoform

Re: My new favorite song of the moment...

Post by Scarrita »

Originally posted by BigMaki
...DARE...

Is it a cover of the song from TF:TM? :D :p
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Mine is Salva Mea by Faithless. Yes, it's old, but I've just bought their Greatest Hits album, and it's on that. Get it!

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Mine would be Dandilion by Audioslave
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Re: Re: My new favorite song of the moment...

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Scarrita
Is it a cover of the song from TF:TM? :D :p

No, I think that was Dare To Be Stupid by Weird Al. :p :D

^That is meant to be a joke please note the use of the smilies
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Best song at the moment is that one from the OC. Can't rememebr what its called.
Wildrider

Hmmm

Post by Wildrider »

I'm not sure if this counts, but the latest ear worm burrowing into my skull, is that song from the margerine commercial with the body popping dancers, is it 'Flora'?

I think it's an old song, but I find myself making up words to the tune, I think I like it, or it likes me, too soon to be sure.

"I got my head in my hand, head in my hand"

Or something? Either way it's catchy....
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Heaven 17 - (We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thang.

Mainly because i got the "Real Eighties" cd for my bday the other day and it is el fantastico.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

This be what's rockin Zeeks' world lately:

No W by Ministry off the Houses of the Mole` disc

If this is really living
Then why am I so unforgiving
Half the world is down the toilet
Half on its way

If I had a dollar for every time he hollers
Trust us with your hearts and minds
Or I'll make you pay

Trust me
Ask me why you're feeling screwed
And I'll give you the answer
There's a Colon Dick & Bush
Justa hammerin' away

Ask me why you feel deceived
Stripped of all your liberties
It doesn't take a genius to explain
That today

Trust me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Wildfire Herald

Re: My new favorite song of the moment...

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Originally posted by BigMaki
... is Gorillaz's "DARE." This is like the best Basement Jaxx song ever. The whole Demon Days CD is better than the first one, since the songs don't feel like filler and don't last 10 minutes apiece. Get it!

I don't know, I'm a little disappointed in Demon Days myself. I liked their first album better, I don't know why you see the songs on that one as "filler", but then you probably don't see a lot Demon Days songs as weak like I do. Feel Good Inc. is good, Demon Days the song is good, the narrative style of Fire From a Monkey's Head is interesting, and a few other tracks whose names I forget are catchy, but it's missing something the self titled album had. Also, is Del not on Demon Days? Whoever sings the rap bits of the songs on this one sounds nothing like him at any rate, not a bad rapper by any means, but no Del. Course, I'm a little biased 'cause I'm a Del fan (first Gorillaz album is actually what made me one) but I don't know, just doesn't sound right without him.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

My latest is Breaking Benjamin's Sooner or Later; I deem it a lucky song, as it was what was on my headphones when I met my last chick. Course it was good before, but now it has a good memory to add to it, regardless of any status on the relationship, cuz man did that ever turn out to be a good night. ;)

Heard good things about the new Gorillaz, Maki. Tho I have yet to catch any of their stuff on the one station that'll play them round here.
MetaBroly
Protoform

Post by MetaBroly »

My favourite song would have to be a flip up between " Refuse to bow down" by Black Label Society "Snake Bite Love" by Motorhead and "Hellraiser" Motorhead and Ozzy version
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/M ... sforms.bmp
Over filesize. Tip: save it as a JPEG rather than a BMP. :)
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

A Perfect Circle - Pet

Really... just really great song. Been on my mind and my playlist for a couple of days.
Dark Dranzer
Protoform

Post by Dark Dranzer »

"Crawling" "Run Away" and "Pushing me Away" by Linkin Park and "Wherever I may Roam" and "Enter Sandman" by Metallica are my faves at present...

S- Megatron is that you?

G- Here's a hint!!

*ka-blammo*
malcos
Protoform

Post by malcos »

Always listening to Master of Puppets, For whom the Bell Tolls and One by Metallica (S&M Versions), and started listening to more old hip hop.
Thanks to Mininin for the sig.

Click here for Ravnica: City of Guilds spoilers
Originally posted by Sir Auros
fuci, everthing that movew!
BigMaki
Protoform

Re: Re: My new favorite song of the moment...

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by Wildfire Herald
I don't know, I'm a little disappointed in Demon Days myself. I liked their first album better, I don't know why you see the songs on that one as "filler", but then you probably don't see a lot Demon Days songs as weak like I do. Feel Good Inc. is good, Demon Days the song is good, the narrative style of Fire From a Monkey's Head is interesting, and a few other tracks whose names I forget are catchy, but it's missing something the self titled album had. Also, is Del not on Demon Days? Whoever sings the rap bits of the songs on this one sounds nothing like him at any rate, not a bad rapper by any means, but no Del. Course, I'm a little biased 'cause I'm a Del fan (first Gorillaz album is actually what made me one) but I don't know, just doesn't sound right without him.

Well, Del was never an official member of the band. I think a lot of the reason that he was around because Dan The Automator was the producer for that first album. With him gone, I guess Del didn't feel like doing anything. They did find some good rappers in his place, though I'll admit none of them do their best work on this album. De La Soul especially, who sound unrecognizable on "Feel Good Inc."

As for liking Demon Days better? I guess I like the fact that most of the songs get started and end themselves quicker than they did on Gorillaz. I don't find myself skipping any tracks except for "Intro" and those last two after it turns into concept album crap. The first disc I find myself skipping a lot, especially in the second half. I can never get through more than 60 seconds of "Double Bass" without getting bored. "Dracula" is the same way. "Clapper" is like that too, but to a lesser extent. I love the second half of "M1A1" but do we really need 1:45 of some guy saying hello before we get to it? I will admit that the Del tracks and "19-2000" are better than anything on Demon Days, but on the whole I think the new one is a hell of a lot more consistent.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Originally posted by Dark Dranzer
"Crawling" "Run Away" and "Pushing me Away" by Linkin Park and "Wherever I may Roam" and "Enter Sandman" by Metallica are my faves at present...

Hmm, good choices. You too, Malcos.

*Is a big Metallica guy*
malcos
Protoform

Post by malcos »

Originally posted by Redstreak
Hmm, good choices. You too, Malcos.

*Is a big Metallica guy*

Thanks Red.

Big up Metallica!
Thanks to Mininin for the sig.

Click here for Ravnica: City of Guilds spoilers
Originally posted by Sir Auros
fuci, everthing that movew!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Maki, you manage to snag yourself that Young Punx track yet?

Fave "current" tracks of the moment are probably "Blue Orchid" by the White Stripes, "Believe" by the Chems and "I Like the Way" by Bodyrockers. I've been very eclectic in tastes recently, but it has the downside of me forgetting half the things I hear... almost like I'm spreading myself too thin. But I'm damn well enjoying it, at any rate...
TOLSON
Protoform

Post by TOLSON »

MY FAV CD AT THE MOMENT IS THE NEW SYSTEM OF A DOWN CD not one song i hate its called mesmerise it is insane i bought it then listened to it for hours straight then had to go to work at target and so i slipped it on there put the volume up to 40 fraggin loud and hopefully scared of alot of customers from my department it went for a whole 4 minutes before my manager came down and cracked it and i was like i dont know who put that on.