"Movie" "Inferno"

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Cliffjumper

"Movie" "Inferno"

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Movie_Ratc ... oncept.jpg

Would anyone else be more interested in seeing the Ratchet Voyager decked out in those colours rather than the random Armada Red Alert we did get? Would've sold better than Emergency Ratchet, surely?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Considering the various bits and bods we've had taken from unused designs and characters it's perhaps surprising we haven't had it already. I'd even go as far to say it's easier on the eye than the finished film's green is (even if that's probably more accurate).
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Clay

Post by Clay »

The actual Ratchet toy looks as much like that as the Armada toy that was released in red.

Wouldn't have mattered, basically.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Never mind accuracy, you can't possibly be saying that the Armada Red Alert is anywhere near as good as the Voyager Ratchet? It's a man with big chunks of a 4x4 jeep thing hanging off bits of it, and a stupid huge box on its' back. The Red Alert mould has to be in the running for worst Transformer ever.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Honestly, I think that's one of the best to come out of Armada (faint praise, I know). I really like the transformation, and I like how it goes from super-boxy car to fairly curvy robot. And he has that oddly mis-accented sound chip going "Red, a-LERT woo woo woo" even when they repackaged him as Prowl.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, he's just a Shellformer to the power of ten. I'd take Starscream and his massive ruff over that.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

So wait, they actually considered making Ratchet look like Ratchet before they settled on wrinkly green bug-man?
I like bears.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, I like the Movie design - traditionally Ratchet's looked as likely to turn into a microwave as an ambulance, so...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote:I dunno, I like the Movie design - traditionally Ratchet's looked as likely to turn into a microwave as an ambulance, so...
That's explains him being happy with Fort Max curing Buster's frostbite by sticking in him his chest microwave during Dark Star.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
TMM

Post by TMM »

Summerhayes wrote:So wait, they actually considered making Ratchet look like Ratchet before they settled on wrinkly green bug-man?
Correct

apparently the 'test' audience weren't happy with him not being an ambulance so bay painted him green
First we crack the shell... Then we crack the nuts inside!
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

TMM wrote:Correct

apparently the 'test' audience weren't happy with him not being an ambulance so bay painted him green
I was under the impression that 'Red Ratchet' was just a preliminary design, along with an 'Ironhide won't be in it, instead...' version of Arcee. (The Arcee did make it into toy form, though.)

I like the red Ratchet's color scheme, but the final Ratchet's design more. So, yeah, I'd prefer that scheme over the Emergency's forced 'G1' deco. I easily passed on Emergency Ratchet, but would probably grab the red scheme on sight...
TMM

Post by TMM »

S_Windell wrote:I was under the impression that 'Red Ratchet' was just a preliminary design, along with an 'Ironhide won't be in it, instead...' version of Arcee. (The Arcee did make it into toy form, though.)

I like the red Ratchet's color scheme, but the final Ratchet's design more. So, yeah, I'd prefer that scheme over the Emergency's forced 'G1' deco. I easily passed on Emergency Ratchet, but would probably grab the red scheme on sight...
Arcee was replaced as bay didn't want to have to explain a female transformer as realistically there doesn't need to be as they should be asexual. Ratchet however was always going to be in it but he didn't want a standard ambulance he wanted something a bit different, when the fire truck one was met poorly with test audiences he changed it to the rescue truck
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It was a rescue truck throughout shooting, long before the film got to the test audience phase (which is nearly always after pre-production wraps, and only involves actual new shooting for drastic reasons - a relatively minor character's colour not being liked by test audiences would not lead to every scene the prop vehicle is in being reshot).
TMM

Post by TMM »

Cliffjumper wrote:It was a rescue truck throughout shooting, long before the film got to the test audience phase (which is nearly always after pre-production wraps, and only involves actual new shooting for drastic reasons - a relatively minor character's colour not being liked by test audiences would not lead to every scene the prop vehicle is in being reshot).
when i say test audience, they had a group of people that they should concepts to, and animatics, and also basic animations of the transformations - like a pre-production test audience, as opposed to when the film had already started being shot
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I actually have a lot of time for movie ratchet, I just would have liked him to have a hint of the original; bee was yellow, prime was prime all the way, jazz had the sunglasses and antenna, ironhide was... well, ironhide didn't really look like ironhide but he was awesome

i guess what I'm trying to say is rather should have a boomerang on his head. A red one.
I like bears.