Rumor of Galaxy Force cancellation?!?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Rumor of Galaxy Force cancellation?!?

Post by Nevermore »

No, not from Seibertron.

From Transfandom.

http://forums.transfandom.com/invboard/ ... opic=30902
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Alternator Swindle
Protoform

Post by Alternator Swindle »

I agree with EDICIUS that with the amount of countries HASBRO sells in there is almost no way they can have lackluster sales. So there is probally a good chance that Hasbro will keep transformers going.

(the quote in his post is what im talking about)
XBL Gamertag: DR SR PEANUT
Socom 3: DR.SR.PEANUT
Resident Evil!!!!!
Resident Archive NASCAR fan
Mikotron
Protoform

Post by Mikotron »

Maybe this will lead to doing the cartoon the american way instead of overdubbed japanimation.:)
Ba weep granna weep ninni - BONG
Clay

Post by Clay »

Was this really unexpected?
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

I think that they carried the Armada Energon Cybertron thing way to far. I mean, Megatron becomes Galvatron in every series, dies, then becomes Megatron again! Atleast when G1 Meg's turned into Galvy, he stayed that way.
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
jepc71
Protoform

Post by jepc71 »

Originally posted by Mikotron
Maybe this will lead to doing the cartoon the american way instead of overdubbed japanimation.:)

I am kind of there with ya. I enjoy the oringinal looking G1 cartoons. The computer looking generated stuff has never really excited me. I liked it in Beast Machines and Beast Wars because it was the way to make the characters look best.

I can't imagine Hasbro cancelling over here, but it would be interesting to see how sales in all the regions compare. I think something that would help would be in a third faction of transformers. That way they can introduce new leaders good or bad and not have us fanboys complain :)
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Originally posted by Cassettacon 27
I think that they carried the Armada Energon Cybertron thing way to far. I mean, Megatron becomes Galvatron in every series, dies, then becomes Megatron again! Atleast when G1 Meg's turned into Galvy, he stayed that way.

Only in the hasbro version of the cartoon. In Japan - it was Megatron\Super Megatron (ML) Galvatron\Galvatron G (SL) and GF is in it own continuity (so we get Master Megatron)

I didn't know the toys were selling that bad on the other side of the pacific, because they are honnestly good figures, the best that have come out since Beast Machines or BW TMII's. But the cartoon has become a dissapointment since ep 25ish and I can see (esp when put against Gundam Seed Destiny) why the ratings wouldn't be there (I don't know if it's on the same time as Destiny - but that's one of their major compeditors in the Giant Robot market). I am curious how Beast Wars Returns is doing for figure sales AND how the G1 cartoons are doing in rating.

I agree that TF's (at least cartoon production and overall line directon) needs to be brought back to Hasbro. This move seemed to be motivated by laziness by Hasbro and perhaps this is the kick in the ass the toys need.

I do find it funny that TOMY takes over the line and the rumours of the toy line being canceled starts. I am chalking this up to pure rumour though.
chimung
Protoform

Re:

Post by chimung »

I say team up the writers who worked on the G1/G2 comics, with the good folks at Mainframe, hire some NEW voice actors, and gear the cartoon towards the 'Adult Swim' age group! I can guarantee it would be an instant success!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Ah, so what they did for beast wars\Beast Machines ;)
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

I hope this thing is just a rumor. If it isn't then:

:(
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Cyclone_X
Protoform

Post by Cyclone_X »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
But the cartoon has become a dissapointment since ep 25ish and I can see (esp when put against Gundam Seed Destiny) why the ratings wouldn't be there (I don't know if it's on the same time as Destiny - but that's one of their major compeditors in the Giant Robot market). I am curious how Beast Wars Returns is doing for figure sales AND how the G1 cartoons are doing in rating.

Seed Destiny models arent doing as well as the previous series either (and Destiny Cartoon is more a copy of Seed), also Bandai wont go further into the Seed series after Destiny

BWR is finished since june, it was only shown on a Takara TV station and sold as DVDs, toys were TRU exclusives, thus I guess sold out quickly (especially with all BM fans wanting the recolored figures)
BTFA, 2 year anniversary
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Brave and Cyclone, you're forgeting that GF is written for young children while Seed Destiny has a much, much more mature writing. Only BW and BM are equal, sorry.

Seed Destiny models do great man. 1/100 Destiny had the third place in toy of the month for August. Infinite Justice sold out the very same day it was released. And don't forget that Seed models came out two years ago and they are still in production. That has to mean something. No Micron Legend toys were available when Superlink was mid-way.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Oh, I know that GF is written for much younger children. I was just discouraged that the series seemed to have crested at 25 with Screamers amazing battle, then gone down hill into the Super-uber big giant robot that will destroy everything - but moves like molasis. The DBZ power-ups in ep 32 were a dissapointment as well, and lets not talk about Chormia.

Gundam is probably (I'm guessing here, but it seems logical to me) their biggest compeditor in the Giant Robot market and there is no comparrison as far as the show goes.

BW and BM (both north am produced by Mainframe) seemed to have (for the most part, esp BM) gotten over the 20 minute commercial, so have most Gundams. Where GF has slipped away from the good stories in favour of flashy bits to sell toys. While that is the point, it's a little dissapointing for me, since the series started with some potential.

I still maintain though, that this is a rumour with out base. It just seems that the rumour popped up as soon as Tomy took over - and is probably fan parinoia.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

After Millions of years of fighting wouldnt it be nice if they could have more than one leader. Surely one day Optimus Prime c ould retire and breed robo marrows or something .

Give them a chance to create a new iconic leader. They keep changing the rest of the cast .

waves at the flying pig outside my window

and turns to my shrine to marketing , brand recognition , and commercial forces.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by optimusskids
Give them a chance to create a new iconic leader. They keep changing the rest of the cast .

Hasbro tried that 20 years ago with Rodimus Prime.

Kids cried.

Hasbro will never make that mistake again.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

A very good point Nevermore

I think they should have gone with Ironhide Prime

Tough , Red has a detachable back section that splits down the middle.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

In Beast Machines, Primal took the back seat to Cheetor for half a season or so.......

But pretty much what Nevermore said - the vast majority of fans want Optimus Prime in charge of the Autobot forces. We'll stand for good sub-commanders (Rodimus from Energon, Ultra Magnus from G1) - but the main guy has to be Prime.

Only 2 Japanese series didn't have a Prime look-alike for a commander (Headmasters and Zone) and even then Convoy showed up at the begining of HM and Victory Saber was in Zone. Even Guard City was only a commander and not the head guy (who was Star Convoy....)

So, from here on in, the commander of the Autobots will be Optimus Prime, with the traditional Convoy head.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Very true . Not enough scope in the comic to explore alternatives

Whereas maybe in the new comic......

The old one You had Shockwave, Ratbat , Ratchet , Grimlock, Blaster, Impactor in leadership roles . So lets hope they give it a try in the new comic
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Hasbro tried that 20 years ago with Rodimus Prime.

Kids cried.

Hasbro will never make that mistake again.

Well, not necessarily. Kids didn't cry because they got Rodimus, per se. They cried because, in order to slide in Rodimus, they killed Optimus. They could always just start a new series without having an Optimus to begin with. That wouldn't be nearly as traumatic.
T.V.
Protoform

Post by T.V. »

Originally posted by Clay
Well, not necessarily. Kids didn't cry because they got Rodimus, per se. They cried because, in order to slide in Rodimus, they killed Optimus. They could always just start a new series without having an Optimus to begin with. That wouldn't be nearly as traumatic.
Now THAT would take some courage on behalf of HasTomy.;)

It'd certainly be original.
Let's do away with Megatron also, while we're at it.

Rodimus vs. Shockers... ;)
Ah...forget it!