Btech Hound

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Btech Hound

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Just bolted to the front door to stop the mailguy taking away my Binaltech Hound& furthering my wait to own the toy.

Absolutely rocks, transformation's a lot easier than the other two I have (damn HLJ, damn them) despite the Japanese instructions being a pain.

Posability wise he's very stumpy as compared to the others, but sits nicely with them.

Enjoy.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

His legs look more solid than in the Hasbro pic I saw...

http://www.robot-japan.com/Images4/Alte ... -hound.JPG

Only thing that bothers me is that spare tyre. Overall I like the look of him much more than Sideswipe. Maybe it's just 'cause I don't really like sports cars, but it's nice to see some signs of variation from the formula in the Alternators line. Gives me hope for a Mirage...
Civ

Post by Civ »

Damn this is exciting. I hope my BTech Hound and BTech Silverstreak arrive soon.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Dear lord, Friday can't come soon enough. GO UPS, GO!
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by BigMaki
Dear lord, Friday can't come soon enough. GO UPS, GO!

I couldn't agree more. COME ON, MAIL!! MOVE IT!! MOVE IT!! MOVE IT!! :laugh:
cocorubs
Protoform

You guys are into Binaltech, what about Hasbro?

Post by cocorubs »

I see all of you guys are into the Binaltech line. Do you think that Alternator Line is just as good? I just bought my first two alternators, Sideswipe and Smokescreen. I will leave them in the box for a while. I have no time, I will just look at them and enjoy them for now. Do you think the Alternator line is just as good as the Binaltech line?

The Hasbro line is cheaper. I would get the Binaltech line, but I want to save money for now. I am currently getting the Takara Reissues of Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, and Takara #12, the six car set with Warpath, Bumblebee, and 4 others. I just was at Wal-Mart tonight, and saw Sideswipe and Smokescreen Alternators sitting there, and just decided to get those 2. I am starting to collect the Alternator Line.

Is this a good choice or not?
StoneCold Skywarp

the only real difference between the actual toys is that Hasbro's Alternators are made of plastic, whereas the Binaltech line has die-cast metal parts. It's a matter of preference really, that + the fact it's easier for me to get ahold of the Binaltech...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Now do a review for me to put up. :)
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

How much do the binaltech figures actually cost from HLJ including shipping? Are they cheaper than the £40 i'd be looking at on ebay?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Archonia would be the best choice for Europe, they offer a BT toy for a little more than 50 € including shipping (regular mail, UPS is more expensive). Don't know whether they ship to the Britain, though.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Gotta say, once the Alternator versions are released it's going to be difficult to choose between this one and Dead End...
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
StoneCold Skywarp

Originally posted by MikeB
How much do the binaltech figures actually cost from HLJ including shipping? Are they cheaper than the £40 i'd be looking at on ebay?

Cost of the figure + s&h (at the rate of exchange) was about £31.40 iirc