Proud to be an American

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

Are you proud to be American?

Yes
50%
Not Really
11%
Downright ashamed
28%
Not american, Proud to be a U.S. ally
11%

Total votes: 18

Leader-1
Protoform

Proud to be an American

Post by Leader-1 »

Are you? Just curious.
"That's just prime."- Optimus Primal

"Optimus Prime, your jewish?"- Peter Griffin
axio
Protoform

Post by axio »

very much so, but am downright ashamed how our gov't is portraying itself to the world right now
Leader-1
Protoform

Post by Leader-1 »

Well, Did you vote for Bush?

axio
Protoform

Post by axio »

Originally posted by Leader-1
Well, Did you vote for Bush?

hell no, not that it mattered, the Supreme Court put that assclown in power. The 2000 elections were the worst elections ever. You had the choice between Clinton's robot, or Bush Sr's idiot son... so I went and voted for Nader, at least the man was honest about what he stands for, I can respect that.
Leader-1
Protoform

Post by Leader-1 »

Very well. Do you think Saddam Hussien should be put out of power?

axio
Protoform

Post by axio »

Very well. Do you think Saddam Hussien should be put out of power?

Yeah along with 2/3 of the rest of the world's leaders (including our own). We can't police the world its not our job, thats what the UN/NATO/other organizations were created for

...but that has nothing to do with being proud to be an American now does it?

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
-Theodore Roosevelt

thank you, would you like fries with that?
Leader-1
Protoform

Post by Leader-1 »

True, but still, if you are anti-war, war being the only way currently to get saddam out of power, you say Saddam should be in power until he decides he feels like it.

Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Im Canadian.

"America, where you are allowed to speak your mind... unless everyone else disagrees with you."
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by LiquifiedTiger
thank you, would you like fries with that?

Freedom Fries chief?

Can anyone say "Iraq topic in disguise"?

EDIT: In, I meant in.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

If I were American I would be ashamed.
axio
Protoform

Post by axio »

True, but still, if you are anti-war, war being the only way currently to get saddam out of power, you say Saddam should be in power until he decides he feels like it.

I'm not anti-war in the least, just against this war. If we were to attack North Korea tomorrow, I'd be all for it, that is a real threat to us, Iraq? They aren't. Theres a whole thread about it if you scroll up a bit. There are other ways to get rid of Saddam, Bush just didn't want to try them because hes a brain dead monkey.
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Freedom Fries chief?

Can anyone say "Iraq topic is disguise"?

lol, someone got the fries pun, great :D yeah, this topic is going to become another Iraq topic, but I'm getting tired of bandwagon patriots who think that the only way you can be "American" is by supporting Bush and his lil war.
Leader-1
Protoform

Post by Leader-1 »

Originally posted by Plasmodium

"America, where you are allowed to speak your mind... unless everyone else disagrees with you."

Seems to be that way, at least on the internet. Proudness. once high in the American current events, now all but non-existing. 9-11 was, i suppose, not large enough to get through peoples heads that all enablers of terroeism must be stomped out.

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

9-11 was, i suppose, not large enough to get through peoples heads that all enablers of terroeism must be stomped out.

Sorry, but the US Government are enablers of terorism, as they trained Bin Laden.
axio
Protoform

Post by axio »

Seems to be that way, at least on the internet. Proudness. once high in the American current events, now all but non-existing. 9-11 was, i suppose, not large enough to get through peoples heads that all enablers of terroeism must be stomped out.

search for my "why is 9/11 blamed for everything" thread, you are doing just that right now, quit being a bandwagon patriot and think for your own

... Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, has no ties to Al-Qaeda, unless you plan on providing some of that mythical "proof" that Bush Inc is hiding from the American public so that they don't create "mass hysteria" :rolleyes:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Isn't there considerable proof Bin Laden hates Hussein as much as he hates America? Wasn't there some tape that works to that effect were edited from, including being pulled from a few newsites shortly after being posted?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Sorry, but the US Government are enablers of terorism, as they trained Bin Laden.

Not to mention nearly all of south and central america...

And if the kid's referring to Hussein, well, WE did put him in power and ignored his sh*t for years and years because he was our ally against Iran...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Aye. Not a lot of governments are much better, at the end of the day they all have a few skeletons in their closets... but ignoring said skeletons just because you were born on one side of a line drawn on a map? Pathetic.

Incidentaly, LT, that Roosevelt quote is solid gold. Sums up the whole patriotism thing perfectly...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Wake up and smell the burning corpses, kid.

http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/libr ... /index.php
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
Wake up and smell the burning corpses, kid.

http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/libr ... /index.php

Beat me to it.

Leader-1 The US is singlehandedly responsible for some of the greatest terrorist acts in history. This ain't the stuff they teach you in school. Usually that is.

BTW Leader-1, you're skirting awfully close to Strawmen Fallacy country in your posts...
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Yes cliffy, Bin Laden hates saddam and threatened to take him out. Sadam is a communist, so bin laden naturally hates him.