Dreamwave Beast Wars triple gatefold cover!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Dreamwave Beast Wars triple gatefold cover!

Post by Nevermore »

Over thet past few days, Dreamwave have sent out 24 pieces of the triple gatefold cover to Beast Wars #1 to various sites as some sort of "scavenger hunt".
Well, basically, they sent out the same pieces to both The Allspark and Transfandom, while TFW 2005, Toy News International and Popcultureshock got the other pieces, so it wasn't too difficult to finde them all.
I compiled the complete pic, edited out a seamline that occured by doubling a column of pixels in the middle, et voilà:

http://tfarchive.com/hosted/files/20041 ... ntFull.jpg
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Hound

Post by Hound »

:(
I don't like it.

It's not detailed enough. It doesn't do the oriiginal CGI justice...

That's strike one against it, who's doing the writing?
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by Hound
That's strike one against it, who's doing the writing?
And who's writing most of their TF series?
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

i donno.i sort of like it.its not great,nor "the best pic ever" or anything of that sort but its a decent 3 cover poster.if theyll make a poster of it ill prolly buy it.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I guess the cover kinda shows that the series will take place before any of them get their transmetal bodies. Also means characters like Rampage, Depth Charge, Silverbolt and Tigerhawk won't be in it. That kinda sucks.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Beast Wars mini-series will be starting where the TV series ended. That rules out Depth Charge, Rampage and Tigerhawk anyway.

It's just one of those special covers, they usually aren't related to the acutal content of the comic.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Nevermore
I compiled the complete pic, edited out a seamline that occured by doubling a column of pixels in the middle, et voilà:
Nice work.

Slightly juvenile marketing tactic by DW, but I like the colouring job done of the artwork. The contrast of the energy in Megatron's claw is particularly nifty... reminds me of Jackpot's work.
Civ

Post by Civ »

That looks really neat to me. One question though, who is Rhinox about to punch out? I can identify the other BW chars but I can't place the face for that one character.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Civ
One question though, who is Rhinox about to punch out? I can identify the other BW chars but I can't place the face for that one character.

Scorponok.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Originally posted by Ozz
Beast Wars mini-series will be starting where the TV series ended. That rules out Depth Charge, Rampage and Tigerhawk anyway.

When and where was this announced?
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

ok...black arachnia is in front of dinobot and striking at cheetaur who isnt that far ahead of her but is larger by alot but that isnt the point...does this mean she only comes up to dinobots knees? im confused is this a "last standish" group pic or seperate pics? otherwise black arachnias placement is garbage.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Blitzwing

I think it was sometime after the Summer Special was released.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread59523.html
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

It's ok I've seen better but I've seen worse.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Hmm... so by that description it looks like they're going to be replacing Beast Machines with this series. I wonder if the events in Nemisis will still have taken place.
Screamwave7

Post by Screamwave7 »

Now that is one of the best BW scences I've seen in a long time.

Not quite Anime, but not quite American art either.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I love that picture. Primal in particular looks amazing rendered in such fine detail. I've always dug that Death's Head kind of metal neck detailing (which I think Will Simpson used to do on most of his Transformers). And the reflection off Primal's kneecaps of Megatron's impending laser burst really gives the pic that extra kick. This original Optimus Primal BW form has always been my favourite, and Tigertron looks better in this pic that he does in the TV series, where he looked like his robot body failed to match his growling voice.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I thought it was alright. The art looks a little "squished", like they're in a dogpile. Not bad though. It's always just a little weird to see characters we're accustomed to seeing in CG get turned into 2D art.