Gran Torino

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Halfshell

Gran Torino

Post by Halfshell »

Awesome.

Go watch it and report back.

Now.

Seriously, why are you still here?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Yes it is a brilliant movie isn't it? Its irony that I saw this thread as I was just making a copy of the DVD to give my dad for his birthday watching it moments ago. I've watched it like 3 times in the past 2 weeks, it is really good.

Eastwood is just as tough and imposing as he was back in the day, his character reminds me a lot of Josey Wales at times, specifically certain bits of dialogue, which was very cool. The character reminds me of my dad too which is very funny in ways, my dad is largely like the character in this movie except he doesn't have shitty kids.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Saw it about a month ago. Absolutely loved it. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. My favorite part was when he was teaching the kid how to talk like a grown-up. Also thought the relationship he formed with the older sister was very sweet. Go see it all of you that haven't yet!
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

It was a pretty good movie, but I really wanted to see Clint go beat up some more snot-nosed punks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:It was a pretty good movie, but I really wanted to see Clint go beat up some more snot-nosed punks.
Well done, moron, you missed the entire ****ing point of the film.

(Sorry, finally got around to seeing this great film and searched to see what people made of it at the time; still having trouble ignoring complete twats)