Don Figueroa's AHM #13 cover

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Hennessy
Protoform

Don Figueroa's AHM #13 cover

Post by Hennessy »

This is from Ryall's blog
Also being solicited for July release in today's issue of Previews is TRANSFORMERS: ALL HAIL MEGATRON... #13.

The series was only ever slated to be a 12-part saga, but word and sales on the book have remained so steady that the four-part "Coda" we talked about before has become AHM 13-16. Each of these four issues will contain two 11-page stories by different creative teams--a couple of which will factor into future plans in a big way--and each of these stories either wraps up elements from Shane's 12-part story, sets up events for the future or delves into plot points that fans that early on were inconsistencies (meaning, Nick Roche will tell the story of how the Kup from his SPOTLIGHT issue became the cigar-chomping fighter in AHM).

Details of all of these stories will be forthcoming in a press release (and plans beyond AHM will be announced at BotCon at the end of May) but for now, here're a couple covers for issue 13, one from returning artist Don Figueroa:
http://ryalltime.blogspot.com/2009/04/h ... -open.html

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

"Inconsistencies"? Were there any, I didn't notice.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

word [...] remained so steady
Considering how little this jives with any of the feedback I've seen, the suspicion's developing that the same person responsible for lifting Dreamwave solicitation text to shift reprints is being encouraged to write stuff as well.
meaning, Nick Roche will tell the story of how the Kup from his SPOTLIGHT issue became the cigar-chomping fighter in AHM
I know Nick'll do it well, but I don't think I want to read a series that compels him to do a complete about-turn of a previous story in half an issue. Maybe Coda'll get picked up in trade, but at the moment, post-MD, I'm not feeling any love or interest for stuff apart from occasional Spotlight issues.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Denyer wrote:Considering how little this jives with any of the feedback I've seen, the suspicion's developing that the same person responsible for lifting Dreamwave solicitation text to shift reprints is being encouraged to write stuff as well.

He said the word had been consistant, not that it had been any good...
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

sales have been steady but steady at pretty much the levels of the "ations" series ended up on.

I have zero interest in the Coda despite Nick's involvement for the same reasons as Denyer cited.

Unless something spectacular happens from IDW I can't see their output (Transformers anyway) troubling my cash flow much.

Andy
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Well, the cover's pretty......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Do like the Trevor Hutchison cover as well. Probably one of the few things that I've actually liked about AHM.

Sadly, I'm not all that amped for AHM Not-Coda. Now that Maximum Dinobots, the one thing that gave me a smidgen of hope in IDW TF books, is done (along with the Furmanverse) there just isn't anything left I look forward to.

Like others have said in related forums, whoever ends up handling the writing duties in the on-going (at least the first few issues) will be a determining factor as to whether or not I will drop the TF books all together.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

zigzagger wrote:Do like the Trevor Hutchison cover as well. Probably one of the few things that I've actually liked about AHM.
I'm going to ask a stupid question: why do the solicitations mention a "Chee" as second cover artist?
Sometimes I realize I'm missing the most obvious thing, sorry.
Sadly, I'm not all that amped for AHM Not-Coda. Now that Maximum Dinobots, the one thing that gave me a smidgen of hope in IDW TF books, is done (along with the Furmanverse) there just isn't anything left I look forward to.
The same goes for me.