Creation Theories

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Animus Prime
Protoform

Creation Theories

Post by Animus Prime »

I was reading in TF: The Ultimate Guide and TF: MTMTE about various aspects of TF creation. Basically, it's my understanding that the real Matrix is sort of a divine plane, also called the All Spark, that bears all sparks of TFs to be and those that have been. The Matrix of Leadership borne of the Primes is sort of a physical key to the power of that realm, as well as is Vector Sigma. Through a link to the Matrix plane, a new TF is created.

I believe it was mentioned in one of the above mentioned sources that TFs can also be created through massive energy transfer that creates wavelengths of energy along the same frequency as those used by the Autobot Matrix and Vector Sigma. This method, while imprecise, was used especially by the Decepticons who often lacked access to one of the creation keys.

That being said, I've often theorized that the energy transfer method, because it's a rather "sloppy" method, was the reason that beings like the Dinobots, Trypticon, and the Terrorcons lacked intelligence and were rather bestial in the cartoon continuity. Trypticon was created on Earth by the Constructicons and they wouldn't have had key access. Likewise, I believe it was stated that the Terrorcons were created by the Quintessons while in exile, only to have them later defect to the Decepticons. Furthermore, the Stunticons and the Aerialbots, who were granted life by Vector Sigma, were without intelligence defects.

I know this ignores comic and Japanese continuities, but it's a theory based on the cartoon continuity. The only part that I struggle with for this theory is why would the Autobots not have used the Matrix to create the Dinobots or the Aerialbots? The obvious answer is, of course, that the Matrix did not exist in pre-Movie continuity. But I'm trying to come up with something other than that.

Would anyone like to try? Thanks!
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Because in cartoon, Matrix didn't have such powers? The cartoon Matrix wasn't the Creation Matrix, it was called Matrix of Leadership. Magical thingy with some funky powers. Could kill Unicron, could cure hate plague, could link with spirits/sparks/whatever of ancient Autobots, but not necessary could create new life. And as it was never used in that aspect, one could think it simply couldn't give life, so there had to be other ways to do it.

Actually, there was only one, as stated in The Key to Vector Sigma, so the likes of Dinobots, Trypticon and possible Technobots shouldn't really exist.