[RID,UT] Well.....your thoughts. **[SPOILERS]**

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
MegaConvoy
Protoform

Well.....your thoughts.

Post by MegaConvoy »

Personally, I thought it was pretty decent. I think it could've ended alot better, but hell it was hte first episode of many.

I like the way they did the old school transition. And the theme music sounds like it's pretty hot(a little bit like Generation 1, but has that new age sound to it).

The only thing that I feel messed it up was they were on the humans WAY too long. Should've shown more of the Transformers then it showed of the humans, but oh well.

The voices were pretty good. Starscream sounds A LITTLE bit like the old school Screamer. But we all know that no one can get that good Chris Latta sound. ^_^

And the animation was nice to. It was obviously made in Japan though. Good ol' Anime.

But on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd have to give it a 7. Could've been much better, but still pretty good. So what did yall think?

"It's just such ignorance which forever relegates you to the ranks of underlings Starscream!"
-G1 Megatron
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Enough of your thoughts, what happened?!
dead robot
Protoform

Post by dead robot »

... i just thought it never picked up the way it promised. the fight scenes had alot of potential, but the characters just stood there for like, 5 seconds before doing anything. booo!...
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Anyone else catch the appearance of Hound on Cybertron?

And yeah they spent too much time on the Humans.

As for the lacking of the fights, it was the first episode. They have to focus more on the introduction of the characters and the situation. Give them a couple of episodes.
choguy
Protoform

Post by choguy »

My opion:

Didnt introduce the char.'s well.

The humans screw it up.

And it was kinda slow.

I think I'll watch to see if it gets better but the comic so far is alot better in my oppion.(toys are cool too.)

And ya I noticed hound too.
"Prime told me there'd be days like this"
-Bumble Bee
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Hm, so far its not sounding too great.

To download, or not to download; that is the question.
The Green Knight

Post by The Green Knight »

Definite potential. But they need to stop spending all that time on those kids; this is Transformers: Armada, not Transformers: Preteen Fanclub. Well, at least the kids sounded somewhat normal.

The battles could have been better, but since they're just getting started, I can overlook that. Provided they don't continue that trend.

And I really hope that Screamer's sword isn't used like Wolvie's claws in the X-Men cartoon. I want to see slashing and dismemberment...
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Snake
I want to see slashing and dismemberment...
You know that will never happen. :(
MegaConvoy
Protoform

Post by MegaConvoy »

Originally posted by Plasmodium
You know that will never happen. :(
Well, it is Toonami now and we can see anything. Lets not forget, this is the same channel that shows Namek's gettin there arms ripped off. And theres actually blood that came outta his arm while if a Transformer were to get dismembered, you wouldnt see nothin since...it's just a robot. So I'm sure Toonami would let that slide. :D

"It's just such ignorance which forever relegates you to the ranks of underlings Starscream!"
-G1 Megatron
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Yes Toonami would allow it, but the people who made the series wouldnt you see.
MegaConvoy
Protoform

Post by MegaConvoy »

Yes Toonami would allow it, but the people who made the series wouldnt you see.
True dat, true dat. lol

-G1 Megatron
dead robot
Protoform

Post by dead robot »

... yeah, first episode, ok, but Optimus and Megatron were playing mercy for like, 5 minutes, then the others were just standing there "fighting" while we heard nothing but Japanese sound effects. they should just go throwback and give us cheesy entertaining G1 stories instead, but that's just me...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Hm, so far its not sounding too great.

To download, or not to download; that is the question.
Don't go wasting your quota...

Utter sh*t. Almost worse than RiD. It was anime-cheesy, pokemon-styled anime. I wanted to beat, assrape, and kill all of those damn kids. It hurt just to watch even the first half-hour, and even when the Transformers were FINALLY in their own goddamn show, I just had to stop watching. I realized that there were better things to do with my time...like shove broken bottles of tabasco sauce up my ass...

The dialogue was lame and I hated ALL the voice actors. If I ever meet Cam Clarke in a dark alley...

The animation wasn't too bad...for the robots, but when I saw the humans, I was instantly like "Oh f*ck, it's pokemon." The cartoon versions of the Armada TF's still aren't any better looking than their action figure counterparts.

As for the intellectual level of the show...it's pretty much nonexistent. This is no new Beast Wars people, it's an even lamer version of G1, mainly due to the age of the children involved...and what the hell, for the fact that CHILDREN ARE INVOLVED period.

If you're looking for a well-animated cartoon with roots in the 80's, AND with writing comparable to Beast Wars, try the new He-Man, but I wouldn't touch Armada with a ten-foot pole on a bet with Elizabeth Hurley's c*nt as the prrize...

Edit-Oh, and He-Man had Trapjaw's arm cut off in the very first episode :p
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
The whole post
LMFAO

Gold...

Ya, theres no chance in hell I'm going to waste my bw on this **** series.
dead robot
Protoform

Post by dead robot »

...dude, Evil Lynn kicked ass in that show...

P.S. [ spoilers or whatever]
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Actually, I'll have to take back that I hated ALL the voice actors, because I think that Prime and Megs were voiced by the guys who did Primal and Megs in Beast Wars (greatest of all TF shows and canons EVER) respectively. Oh, and did you know that the voice of Merman in He-Man is the guy who did Waspinator?
dead robot
Protoform

Post by dead robot »

... don't forget who did Man At Arm's voice too...

[ for all you whiners and crybabies, **SPOILER*** or whatever]
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

I will try to keep an open mind for the serie, but I have to admit the movie left me a bit cold.

I'll agree that the kids were used way too much and the Tf's not enough.

I'm hoping that more TF's are introduced because 3 autobots and 4 decepticons dont make for a lot of variety.

And what's with the minicon's R2D2 type of speach?

I hope this serie will still surprise me.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by dead robot
... don't forget who did Man At Arm's voice too...

[ for all you whiners and crybabies, **SPOILER*** or whatever]
1-I thought the guy who did Man-At-Arm's was the guy who did the voice of Batman in the animated series, but I was wrong, who is he?

2-I appreciate your brand of sarcasm there, keep it up.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Auros, the guy that does Man At Arms' voice is the guy that did BW Prime.

And as for your "critique" of Armada so far...

Its the first god-damned episode! Give it a freaking chance,