I know, I know, I'm posting a Vs topic

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

I know, I know, I'm posting a Vs topic

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Something occured to me watching X-Men:Evolution earlier - yes, I was bored, like I am now, hence this topic.

Anywho, I a very vague re-collection of a few american X-Men comics a friend of mine once had, now, if I remember Logan, Wolverine, Weapon X, call him what you will, was a dbl hard b'stard.

So my question is this - who'd win a fight between Juggernaut and Wolverine. Why do I ask? Cos they had a fight in X-Men:Evo, and Wolvie got his ass handed to him.

discuss.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Tough one.
Prolly wolvie since he's a better trained fighter and juggs is only completely invulnerable while he has his helmet on, if I remember rightly. Still, That would depen on wolvie getting the helmet off, so....erm....Yeah, wolvie, why not?
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

the jugs wins that one...sorry i love the little canucklehead as much as anyone, but some fights wolvie just can't win on his own...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmm, toughie. I'd say Cain's overconfidence would get the better of him, and as we found out in Excalibur, Wolverine's near indestructible himself. If Rogue and the Dazzler can get the Juggernaut's helmet off without too many problems, Wolverine as he is at the moment could do it with ease. Then then it's copped Marko for dinner.
Denyer

Erm...

Post by Denyer »

...since this is X-Men: Evo (the dumb characters-as-kiddies cartoon series, yep?), all bets are off.

Otherwise, Logan.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Well juggys helmit is bolted on but it dosent matter on or off if hes 1 on 1 with wolvie.

In X-force shatterstar swiped two swords in juggys eyes and it nothing except get him Irate.

In a wolverine some where during the issues 90's era on a drinking time with cannonball Wolvie admitted to being unable to do pretty much anything to juggernaut.I believe while he never uses it agains mutants juggernaut can produce a forc shield which totally cant be penertrated even by one as strong as Thor (Who got his ass handed to him by Cain).

Wolverine maby near indestructible but he cant stay conscience froma blow from marko, cant survive if his heart is ripped out and juggernaut can go months of fighting with out needing a rest which far out stripe Wolverines stamina and endurance.And juggernauts healing factor is mystical and better than wolverines.

Yes juggernaut would win 1 on 1.
StoneCold Skywarp

Re: Erm...

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
...since this is X-Men: Evo (the dumb characters-as-kiddies cartoon series, yep?), all bets are off.

Otherwise, Logan.
I meant in your run-of-the-mill X-Men mythos.

it just stemmed from X-men:evo s'all.
Denyer

But...

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
Wolverine maby near indestructible but he cant stay conscience froma blow from marko, cant survive if his heart is ripped out and juggernaut can go months of fighting with out needing a rest which far out stripe Wolverines stamina and endurance.And juggernauts healing factor is mystical and better than wolverines.
Versus this we have the fact that Juggernaut isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer... tactics are what win X-battles... that or whatever's convenient to the plot-line this month...
Jetfire

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer

Versus this we have the fact that Juggernaut isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer... tactics are what win X-battles... that or whatever's convenient to the plot-line this month...
Views Wheelies victory over Trypticon in 'Head,masters':eek:
I see your point:rolleyes:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I still believe Wolverine alone is more impressive in every way than the Psylocke/Dazzler combo which took Juggernaut down in UCX218 [which, most wonderfully of all, featured a UNIT cameo!]. And from what I can remember, Juggernaut didn't give Excalibur much trouble either...
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

It all goes down to psychics. If you have 'em, Juggernaut's a toss-out. Without them he's one tough customer.

I'm not really sure about Juggs' force field, but I'd reckon Wolvie's claws would go easily through the armor.
At the time when Logan admitted he wouldn't have a chance against Cain, he didn't have the adamantium. So that would make the battle a bit one-sided.

Okay, that really didn't answer the question.
Wolverine.
Thanks D!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Add into this that Logan's a pretty mysterious guy, and that he has on occasion claimed to be scared of ifghting Kitty Pryde...
StoneCold Skywarp

I little explanation for us non-"true believers" please ;)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

To be cynical, like many comic villains the Juggernaut's abilities tend to flex to fit in with the story...
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

I think it's time to sharpen Wolverine's claws,when it's time to nailing Juggernaut!
Hey, comics fans!
Visit www.fanboyradio.com . It's the weekly radio show about comics. Joe Quesada,Larry Hama,Brian Michael Bendis,Greg Rucka,Mark Waid and many other comics creators have appeared on the show.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
To be cynical, like many comic villains the Juggernaut's abilities tend to flex to fit in with the story...
all too true...
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

It all depends on several factors that I won't go into right now, but I think if nothing else it'd be a helluva fight.

R.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

i'm gonna refer to a Beast line here [It's from Uncanny #330 or thereabouts]

"Virtually indestructible isn't really a scientifically quantifiable term"

And Onslaught had just smacked him to Westchester from... Canada.